• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The sooner the better. Aquaman is gonna be such a long wait. I imagine the earliest we see a trailer is comic con. Teaser maybe in April.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what they are, still haven't seen it, but I think ultracal31 said first one is Whedon and last one is Snyder that they decided to add in the last few months.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He says they're still writing the script.

Why hasn't a mod shut down the rt threat yet? They're just posting spoilers and leaked stills from the movie. It's ridiculous.
Have you reported the posts?

Honestly I kinda want it to stay open so the OT can be about the movie. Let the shitposters shitpost in the RT thread, I don't want them migrating over.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Justice League thoughts.

Rating in comparison the rest of the DCEU:
Man of Steel
Justice League
Batman v Superman (UC)
Wonder Woman
Suicide Squad

The Good:
- Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash are all highlights. Really nailed each one of them.
- A lot of the humor fell flat but when it hit it hit hard.
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Gadot really impressed in some scenes.
- Cavill gets to be Cavill and mother fucker does he pull off a great Superman.
- The line I dreaded most actually didn't come off that bad.
- Action was pretty good mostly.

The Bad:
- Cyborg's effects left something to be desired in some scenes but not bothersome.
- Steppenwolf as a villain was rather worthless even though I enjoyed a lot of his scenes.
- Elfman and Williams' themes do not fit with these versions of the characters at all.

The Ugly:
- Superman's suit is fucking awful. Way too much fake muscle definition that sticks out like a sore thumb.
- The best Aquaman moments are in the trailers. Literally does nothing else.
- The pacing is lightning quick and really hurts some of the emotional moments (one in particular needed a lot more time to breathe).
- There's no need to figure out which scenes were done by which director. There is a stark contrast.
- Zimmer's MoS theme is nowhere to be found.

Neither good or bad:
- Without spoiling anything there's something that I figured they would at least attempt to explain and then just didn't. It was kind of hilarious actually.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Justice League thoughts.

Rating in comparison the rest of the DCEU:
Man of Steel
Justice League
Batman v Superman (UC)
Wonder Woman
Suicide Squad

The Good:
- Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash are all highlights. Really nailed each one of them.
- A lot of the humor fell flat but when it hit it hit hard.
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Gadot really impressed in some scenes.
- Cavill gets to be Cavill and mother fucker does he pull off a great Superman.
- The line I dreaded most actually didn't come off that bad.
- Action was pretty good mostly.

The Bad:
- Cyborg's effects left something to be desired in some scenes but not bothersome.
- Steppenwolf as a villain was rather worthless even though I enjoyed a lot of his scenes.
- Elfman and Williams' themes do not fit with these versions of the characters at all.

The Ugly:
- Superman's suit is fucking awful. Way too much fake muscle definition that sticks out like a sore thumb.
- The best Aquaman moments are in the trailers. Literally does nothing else.
- The pacing is lightning quick and really hurts some of the emotional moments (one in particular needed a lot more time to breathe).
- There's no need to figure out which scenes were done by which director. There is a stark contrast.
- Zimmer's MoS theme is nowhere to be found.

Neither good or bad:
- Without spoiling anything there's something that I figured they would at least attempt to explain and then just didn't. It was kind of hilarious actually.
How bad is the contrast between Whedon and Snyder scenes? Are we talking Kate-Mara's-Wig-in-Fant4stic levels of obvious?

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I want to have a decent conversation but got home late so it might be tomorrow, if ever. I'm incensed.

Let's be clear. I love this cast. They have chemistry. Their costumes were fine even though I'm expecting upgrades in the future. I want to see more of them. This cinematic universe is worth continuing.

BUT

Justice League as a film is a technical shambles. The movie's problems have less to do with being part of a cinematic universe assembly line and more to do with basic storytelling and production. Outside of the History Lesson and the modern Themiscyra sequence, EVERYTHING looked cheap. Whether it be 2 or 4 or 6 actors on-screen it consistently looked like there were green screened backgrounds with everyone shot from the front.

They constantly dumped exposition through dialogue. All dialogue and no show. In non-action scenes they put actors in a small room and all they did was talk. I didn't really care if a scene was original or a reshoot because they all felt simple.

The quality of the CGI is a non-issue. I liked Steppenwolf even if he was a basic minion. I enjoy too many games and every one of these comic book movies are half-cartoon anyways.

The soundtrack aside from the licensed songs wasn't memorable at all. I joked about it when the news came out, but I DESPISED mixing in the old Superman 78 and Batman 89 cues over what we had from Man of Steel and BvS.

If I had to use Double Toasted's scale, with Man of Steel being Full Price, BvS being Matinee, I'd give Justice League Some Ol' Bullshit. I might see it again because I love the cast, but this was a HUGE step down from Snyder and co.'s previous works.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
And I'd like to be clear that when I say Justice League is below MoS but above BvS it's because JL would be an easier rewatch than BvS. On a technical level JL has major problems.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Not saying the film is a complete disaster because I haven't seen it and fully expect to enjoy the hell out of it but from a business standpoint under 100m is terrible.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
All the kids in the front of my showing could be heard screaming during certain scenes. I've never experienced that here in Denmark before. But then again, I counted less than 10 people at my showing cause I had an early showing.

Having chewed on it for the past 15 hours, Justice League is definitely not a movie I would want to rewatch anytime soon, but I do want a Flash/Cyborg buddy movie sooner rather than later. I enjoyed one of their conversations a lot.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That early Thursday estimate is awful. Wow. If that number holds true it is going to open less than Wonder Woman. Let alone Thor.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Saw the movie. Surprisingly OK. Watched with a couple of friends who all were positive on the movie.

Also it was an IMAX showing and it was packed. We also got a cool poster.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you post something like this without citing a source?
We're discussing it in the Box Office thread. The preview estimates are coming in low. If it performs like other films (with better ratings), we're floating in $100-110 million territory.

'Justice League' Powering To $11M-$12M Thursday Night – Early Estimate

Was this posted? Seems low

Damn you kswis! I should have known better though.

Assuming that Deadline isn't lowballing their early Thursday estimate, $11M previews with the same rest of the weekend holds as Doctor Strange is $99.5M. $12M previews with the same holds is $108M.

If you want to use Thor Ragnarok as your comparison, $11M previews gets you $93M and $12M previews gets you $101.6M.

The Dark World is too far in the past for previews to be comparable anymore. There are no other November superhero comps.

The sub $100 assumes that it legs out below that. It could outperform estimates though.

Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers would be terrible. But I'd rather wait until today. A lot of people I follow on twitter and that have seen it did say they liked it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers would be terrible. But I'd rather wait until today. A lot of people I follow on twitter and that have seen it did say they liked it.
I mean, we're coming up on Thanksgiving and breaks, so even if the OW is weaker, we could see good legs for the film.

Essentially walk in business and word of mouth need to be strong,

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's stupid, but my theatre seemed to really like it so I'm basically expecting WoM to be at least vaguely positive. The people who hate it REALLY hate it, though, so that might end up drowning everything else out :/

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you told me a decade ago more people would be interested in a Thor and Hulkt teamup movie than a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash one I would have thought you were insane.

The current comic book movies scene is some crazy stuff.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
If you told me a decade ago more people would be interested in a Thor and Hulkt teamup movie than a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash one I would have thought you were insane.

The current comic book movies scene is some crazy stuff.
That wouldn't have been crazy too me.

Hulk and Thor are some of my favorite characters and their teamups are always spectacular. They play off each other excellently.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the movie. It was great!

It's obviously cut down. I coulda used 20 more minutes but what's there works. Action was good, characters were good, and the jokes weren't obnoxious nor did they undercut serious moments.

Loved it. And LOVED the second after credit sequence.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the DCEU thread! Come, sit a spell and it's talking about the Justice League.

tumblr_oz4l5wqfmI1rtsfwco3_400.gif

Galvan

Oct 25, 2017
That's some amazing timing.

24 hours after watching, I kinda want to see it again with different company. The initial ~50% aggregate score I stumbled upon was accurate-- half of the movie worked for me, the other half didn't. The tonal shifts were incongruous. I loved how the Flash was portrayed as a massive fanboy
his dissecting the Batcave was hilarious, and the Superman sideeye and adjacent fight was the peak of the movie
, and different from TV Barry to boot.

Male gaze notwithstanding, Wonder Woman also stole the show, albeit... nerfed?

I've always disliked DC trying to ingratiate the idea of Cyborg in the Justice League to us, but he worked here. Probably because of his dynamic with certain team members.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just got back from seeing it and really loved it! It really did feel like a live action version of the JL animated series. I'm not really sure what people (critics) were expecting, but it was everything I hoped for. Well..a little more Superman would have been nice.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
I had a doctors appointment today right before the movie and the nurse overheard me talking to my husband and how we were rushing to leave and asked if it was because we were going to watch Justice League. We both were surprised and asked how she knew and she responded that she was taking her daughter after work to a showing and how her daughter wanted to dress up as Wonder Woman. I thought it was super sweet and it reminded me how much this movie means not only to me but to other younger fans. I came in hyped and left really happy. I'm just so happy we finally got this stupid movie I've wanted ever since I was a kid. It wasn't perfect, I think the first third was pretty weak and I had some minor gripes here and there. Overall, I really liked it. Easily the most "FUN" I had at any movie this year.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
All the kids in the front of my showing could be heard screaming during certain scenes. I've never experienced that here in Denmark before. But then again, I counted less than 10 people at my showing cause I had an early showing.

Having chewed on it for the past 15 hours, Justice League is definitely not a movie I would want to rewatch anytime soon, but I do want a Flash/Cyborg buddy movie sooner rather than later. I enjoyed one of their conversations a lot.

The kid stuff

When Superman shows up in costume was one of them right?

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. Superman coming back and the moments after we're great. It did look a little green screen on some parts but the action on screen was suspenseful. And the line he delivered was good too.

Also liked how Aquabro called out another member.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Will post more but before I go to sleep I want to say I really enjoyed Justice League. Dare I say loved it. There are some things I do have issues with here and there, some more then others, but can get into that later. That said I can't wait to see it again this weekend. My sister had a great time as well and the audience reactions were really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.