• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That, and

Most of the heroes don't have a strong personal stake in fighting him, outside of him being a vague force of evil. Diana and Arthur should've had more of a personal connection, seeing how he slaughtered some of their people. And there's a small moment between Diana and Steppenwolf.

Shame is there's certainly an interesting direction you can take with Steppenwolf. At its simplest, Steppenwolf is an alien who came to Earth looking to conquer it. Superman is an alien on Earth trying to protect it. As is there's no thematic weight to Steppenwolf or his invasion.

Just compare it with Zod's invasion was a few years earlier and how Snyder portrayed it across MoS and BvS as this paradigm shifting colossal event for the human race. It felt suitably grandiose. In MoS and BvS you had the US military involved hopelessly trying to fend off these alien beings.
Zod's invasion is what Steppenwolf was trying to be. I actually argued about it with my friend on the way home when I said Steppenwolf was shit tier. I directly compred it to Zod's invasion. You had Zod warn the entire planet, Zod landed a machine and was actively terraforming the Earth, they showed the most powerful military on the planet being completely ineffective at stopping it, etc. Steppenwolf shows up, attacks two groups the world doesn't even know exists, snags the last box off camera, and runs away to a nuclear cooling tower in the middle of nowhere Russia. Nobody is even aware of the threat besides the League.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
What were the three. Surely your not counting Bane in there
You didn't love the overcoat wrestler with a weird voice?
bbae863bb3d90d3b7cc9a4d0ca490d6fc5b6ad80357cf4e8d1c7a3ae38973d28.jpg

Nah, Bane was the muscle. Not all that great.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
No doubt from the VFX studio responsible for those hologram effects.

Very good point... that might make it easier for WB to know where it comes from.

Good question

Most studios will watermark any footage a company gets but I'm not seeing any...

Edit: I think this is most likely demo reel material as the two clips are showing hologram effects. Hence why no audio and short clips

Heads gonna roll I wonder. I have no idea how the context of these scenes fit in the movie but I guess this has changed a lot over time.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they built a whole Nazi complex set so Cyborg could go in and out of it, vs, a green screen.

Real movie making (tm)

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Man, if the leaker gets caught doesn't it put the vfx house in trouble? Or is it just the leaker that would deal with potential fallout?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another clip with missiles or something. I don't understand these clips.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If we see mustachioed Superman this guy will be a hero. From what Cavill said they lathered his mustache with heavy gel or something so that it would point upwards and not cover his lip, so it must look all kinds of fucked up.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
So, when Ray is in the Gotham jacket it's like a digital representation of himself similar to the matrix? Maybe the Nazi base and nuke scene are just how he is able to comprehend using his powers to hack/take control of technology?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, when Ray is in the Gotham jacket it's like a digital representation of himself similar to the matrix? Maybe the Nazi base and nuke scene are just how he is able to comprehend using his powers to hack/take control of technology?
Instead of him telling them what happened to the motherbox given to the kingdoms of man, it likely would have been a scene. You can see American troops going through boxes and crates of art at a Nazi base. It would have likely showed how the box ended up in America.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of him telling them what happened to the motherbox given to the kingdoms of man, it likely would have been a scene. You can see American troops going through boxes and crates of art at a Nazi base. It would have likely showed how the box ended up in America.
That's GENIUS. In the movie, the last motherbox like showed up out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.