• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RupertM

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Miller's performance in JL was begging to be in a marvel film. It was kinda ridiculous in JL but would fit very much in Marvel, like Thor Ragnarok- which is such a delightfully silly movie.

Why not play to your lead star and make flash an out and out comedy. Like say, wait for Brad Bird to finish I2 and then have him do it. Or get Paul feig to do it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Miller's performance in JL was begging to be in a marvel film. It was kinda ridiculous in JL but would fit very much in Marvel, like Thor Ragnarok- which is such a delightfully silly movie.

Why not play to your lead star and make flash an out and out comedy. Like say, wait for Brad Bird to finish I2 and then have him do it. Or get Paul feig to do it.

I mean, that seems to be the thought process behind this move.

Again, let me stress, love these guys when they're writing, just haven't been impressed with their direction. Despite that, some times, a director and project make beautiful music when they meet. Hope that happens here.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's been confirmed that they're taking over, only that the pair are currently in talks with WB.

Personally I'm a little concerned that the film will change from being a big budget somewhat close adaptation of the Flashpoint storyline to a smaller, more MCU-focused comedy standalone Flash film, but I'm not discounting them yet. Don't forget we still have Joby Harold writing the script and I've enjoyed what he's worked on as of late (King Arthur and Edge of Tomorrow). And Game Night looks OK. Reminds me of an old film called Suicide Kings mixed in with, as mentioned before, the David Fincher movie.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of We're the Millers, I wonder how a roided up Sudekis would work as Wayne

He really shocked me in Colossus with how good he was

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Seems "comment" on it

The only director choices that have blown up in our faces was Snyder and Ayer. And the person who hired them is gone. I don't know. I just don't think that WB hired them carelessly or trying some Marvel high when they were planning for this to be a comedy from it's inception.

Loke, if Game Night comes out an it's indeed shit then WB will quietly replace them with someone better. If it comes out and it's good then they'res w good chance of us getting a great Flash/Flashpoint movie. It's a win-win situation.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
No Extended Cut on the Blu-Ray. Walmart packaging says it has a bonus scene though.
giphy_s.gif

Damn Snyderist :(

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I will never get the criticism of the Martha scene. The same shit happened in T2 and the same shit happened in Civil War

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

The speed at which Sandberg shuts down bullshit rumors is astounding. My favorite DCEU Director other than Jenkins and Wan.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In for a Flash comedy, out for these guys as directors so far.

Super bummed really. Flash is the best part of JL and he has so much potential, it can be funny, heartfelt and have amazing visuals but I don't trust these guys to deliver on that.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Talking about the long list of "Flashpoint can be used to fix": Batman isn't a killer anymore, #MySuperman, no more EisenLex, no more Leto Joker, etc. etc.

Why do people keep repeating that Flashpoint should be used to fix anything? The whole point of Flashpoint was that Flash tried to change the past and save his mum and that started the whole butterfly effect, caused all the shit to happen which resulted in the whole world being destroyed. The solution to all that? Prevent Flas from changing anything in the past.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You trust WB/DC's other director choices?
For the Flash or the DCEU as a whole?

Cuz really the only director that they have hired so far that made me uneasy has been Ayer and these guys tbh. Everyone else I've liked their work for the most part.

All the dudes who where rumored or hired on this would have probably delivered something good, Lord/Miller, Zemeckis, Raimi, Famuyiwa, etc. WB just couldn't get the effing ball rolling and now this shit is at least 2 years away if not more.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep repeating that Flashpoint should be used to fix anything? The whole point of Flashpoint was that Flash tried to change the past and save his mum and that started the whole butterfly effect, caused all the shit to happen which resulted in the whole world being destroyed. The solution to all that? Prevent Flas from changing anything in the past.

Because when Flashpoint was done we got the New 52.
flashpoint-five-5-running-through-time-universe-collapse.jpg

With all the shiny rejiggered heroes. Cyborg literally went from a Titan to a founding member of the Justice League.

Even the TV version slightly changed characters. I don't think the film will do all that, especially not with those directors, but it's odd that folks find this outlandish.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
For the Flash or the DCEU as a whole?

Cuz really the only director that they have hired so far that made me uneasy has been Ayer and these guys tbh. Everyone else I've liked their work for the most part.

All the dudes who where rumored or hired on this would have probably delivered something good, Lord/Miller, Zemeckis, Raimi, Famuyiwa, etc. WB just couldn't get the effing ball rolling and now this shit is at least 2 years away if not more.
If you trust the other choices why wouldn't you trust WB on this? They wouldn't just choose anyone on this. Obviously they impressed WB with their pitch if they got the job. And it seems testing for Game Night(their latest movie) is going well.

I'm not saying you have to be on board all the way, but if you like most of their choices and writing off this one wouldn't be too wise imo.

Last edited:

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Because when Flashpoint was done we got the New 52.

With all the shiny rejiggered heroes. Cyborg literally went from a Titan to a founding member of the Justice League.

Even the TV version slightly changed characters. I don't think the film will do all that, especially not with those directors, but it's odd that folks find this outlandish.

Oh, thanks.
I only knew the Flashpoint story from the original comic and the animated movie. That's why I thought that the whole point of it was to not mess with the past and better keep status quo.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I find it outlandish because you can't really apply what Flashpoint did for comics to what it can do to movies.

And it was a completely botched undertaking. I mean, Flashpoint's ending doesn't even feasibly segue into the New 52 when you really think about it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I find it outlandish because you can't really apply what Flashpoint did for comics to what it can do to movies.

And it was a completely botched undertaking. I mean, Flashpoint's ending doesn't even feasibly segue into the New 52 when you really think about it.
No, it makes absolutely no sense when you think about it. The logic of Flashpoint isn't the expectation of Flashpoint though. Folks were unhappy when the TV show didn't change enough.

Oh, thanks.
I only knew the Flashpoint story from the original comic and the animated movie. That's why I thought that the whole point of it was to not mess with the past and better keep status quo.
No problem, breh.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
No, it makes absolutely no sense when you think about it. The logic of Flashpoint isn't the expectation of Flashpoint though. Folks were unhappy when the TV show didn't change enough.

No problem, breh.
It's just weird to me that I find people that actually liked Flashpoint because I actually thought we all hated it. And what came after, New 52, was widely hated as well.

On another topic, remember when Zack Snyder's 300 was implicated in the rise of the alt-right movement by AVclub?

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Quite happy with the (a) choice. Loved their movies, just wondering where is the movie in terms of pre-production, the article say that the script is done after the one page rewrite.
It seems like they are brought to act more like yes men, so maybe they fine tune the screenplay and would be able to start shooting this year ? If they were waiting for Ezra to be available after Fantastic Beasts 2, they must assume they want to start the production quickly.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Of course there's a Snyder cut. What the hell did Snyder show executives when they made the decision to chop up his film? And what were those leaked scenes of Cyborg discovering his powers and flying around?

There's a version of Snyder's JL at WB. It probably isn't finished but it's probably very very far along. We won't ever see it just like his personal vision of Sucker Punch. It sucks.

I don't get why there's a force out there that tried to deny its existence.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The only director choices that have blown up in our faces was Snyder and Ayer. And the person who hired them is gone. I don't know. I just don't think that WB hired them carelessly or trying some Marvel high when they were planning for this to be a comedy from it's inception.

Loke, if Game Night comes out an it's indeed shit then WB will quietly replace them with someone better. If it comes out and it's good then they'res w good chance of us getting a great Flash/Flashpoint movie. It's a win-win situation.

I thought Tsujahara was the one that told people to keep Snyder on JL?

Same reason BR2049 ain't even getting noms. #2good

People actually watched Dunkirk though

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Yeah, there's a Snyder Cut for sure but it must have lots of unfinished scenes which will cost ñlots of money to finish.

I think it's coming, but probbly 20 years from now, when the DCEU is some anthology series, and Snyder's wounds are already closed.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Dunkirk should win many awards but Lady Bird is going to sweep everything and Idk why.

Call Me By Your Name is also a coming of age movie with better performances across the board and done at a much higher level. Idk why Lady bird is getting all the buzz but Call Me By Your Name is getting absolutely none.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course there's a Snyder cut. What the hell did Snyder show executives when they made the decision to chop up his film? And what were those leaked scenes of Cyborg discovering his powers and flying around?

There's a version of Snyder's JL at WB. It probably isn't finished but it's probably very very far along. We won't ever see it just like his personal vision of Sucker Punch. It sucks.

Probably because BvS was panned and a PR nightmare and they saw JL would end up much the same way. To be fair though, JL did so mediocre at the BO in its current form, it's hard to believe a Snyder cut would have done much worse, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Call Me By Your Name is also a coming of age movie with better performances across the board and done at a much higher level. Idk why Lady bird is getting all the buzz but Call Me By Your Name is getting absolutely none.

Because receiving accolades in Hollywood is one big game and you either have the financial backing to play or you don't.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Because receiving accolades in Hollywood is one big game and you either have the financial backing to play or you don't.
Truth. This is the only thing stopping Lady Bird from kicking ass at the Oscars. And it's why I think Dunkirk has a good chance.

To be honest, I don't know why I still give a damn about the Oscars. I've known how much of a farce it is but I'm still watching it every year lol.

Nov 13, 2017
Call Me By Your Name doesn't get a wide release until this Friday, whereas all the other movies have been out for quite some time. This movie deserves so much more love.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Call Me By Your Name doesn't get a wide release until this Friday, whereas all the other movies have been out for quite some time. This movie deserves so much more love.

Agreed, watched that movie and it immediately shot up in my top 5 all time favourite movies. The ending was masterful.

But the voters would have seen it already, no? Because voting closed last Friday.

Edit: Just saw this:

Monday, February 13, 2017 Finals voting opens
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 Finals voting closes

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

It's likely a rough cut, the opposite of "very very far along".

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
It's likely a rough cut, the opposite of "very very far along".
Farther along than not having a cut at all. Snyder bowed out in May or something. And they wrapped up shooting in November the year before. That's like 4 months of post at minimum. The movie was well on its way to being completed until rewrites destroyed it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Farther along than not having a cut at all. Snyder bowed out in May or something. And they wrapped up shooting in November the year before. That's like 4 months of post at minimum. The movie was well on its way to being completed until rewrites destroyed it.

Yeah, that doesn't help with a very CG film like this one. Remember those leaked scenes with the rough shots, wireframes, and whatnot? That's what the cut Snyder had likely included. It's not done. It's nowhere near done.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

Mind you I don't believe the "Snyder cut" was far along either but CG work usually begins at the beginning of production too and sometimes before. Which is why when you want to change a lot of things, they have to change around these expensive set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.