• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
T2 as in what? Not Terminator 2 I don't think you mean. Also in Civil War the parents angle wasn't as explicitly on the nose as this, and had been established in the previous film.
Someone frozen for 80 years knowing about the true nature of Starks parents over Stark who has tons of government contacts and contracts is equally, if not, laugable. They've even shown Tony doesn't trust what SHIELD tells him when he hacks into their servers in Avengers. Yet somehow, Cap knows.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Yeah, that doesn't help with a very CG film like this one. Remember those leaked scenes with the rough shots, wireframes, and whatnot? That's what the cut Snyder had likely included. It's not done. It's nowhere near done.
I didn't say it was done tho. It's far along because it was. The release was in November. JL would've been finished before that with a few months to spare.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
For the record I would want to see the Snyder cut... even if it's finished in story board stop motion or even if it's a blurb or a read. I'm just curious to see what his plan was.

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
T2 as in what? Not Terminator 2 I don't think you mean. Also in Civil War the parents angle wasn't as explicitly on the nose as this, and had been established in the previous film.

People complained that Batman stopped cos their parents had the same name, yet in Civil War cape literally says Crossbones saying Bucky triggered humans it made him "return to being a kid in Brooklyn"

https://youtu.be/bwbuluSHPLI

Honestly the only difference is one showed Batman having his flashback whilst the other film spelt it out for audiences.

. No matter how many mental gymnastics people go through to say it's different I will never be convinced. You can argue those films did it better because reasons or bvs didn't make it clear he was trying to say save Martha Kent on account he had a boot to his throat at the time. But this is a well worn debate

Last edited:

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
Someone frozen for 80 years knowing about the true nature of Starks parents over Stark who has tons of government contacts and contracts is equally, if not, laugable. They've even shown Tony doesn't trust what SHIELD tells him when he hacks into their servers in Avengers. Yet somehow, Cap knows.
You literally see him get this piece of information in The Winter Soldier. The bad guy even gave a huge monologue about it.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You literally see him get this piece of information in The Winter Soldier. The bad guy even gave a huge monologue about it.
Ok. It still doesn't change the fact Stark somehow doesn't have a clue what happened to his own parents given he's either the smartest man in the room or the second smartest along with them showing a general distrust of SHIELD in the Avengers.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel's inner workings is some real boring shit. I check out every time I read something about Shield, Sokovia Accords, Hydra, or some random episode villain that dropped some cliche nonsense before jobbing.

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds Like steppenwolf too bruh^^^. Spouting diatribes just to get washed by the league. Tbh apart from Michael Shannon and "some" of eisenberg DC hasn't had any other good villains either. They all get washed like wastemen too.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why it's so hard to make a good villain for a movie. Maybe it's because there's just not enough time? Maybe it's because they're usually only in one movie whereas in a comic book they constantly come back or someone like Lex is always just in the background?

Shannon was good, but that was just Shannon. Zod at his core seems no better than any other strong motherfuckers

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Ashhong thats a good Q. I think it's because most films in the genre are hero first and the villains get barely any screentime. Most bad villains suffer from this a la Malkieth, Kaecilius, ares, and guy from Suicide Squad. Just there as a speed bump, like James Bond. 0 character motivations, 0 plot developments.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. It still doesn't change the fact Stark somehow doesn't have a clue what happened to his own parents given he's either the smartest man in the room or the second smartest along with them showing a general distrust of SHIELD in the Avengers.
Being smart doesn't mean he knows everything or that secrets can't be hidden from him. You're wandering into bleepy territory here

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I can get down with it

https://www.thewrap.com/ron-cephas-jones-wizard-dc-superhero-shazam/

Ron-Cephas-Jones-Mamaragan-in-Shazam.png

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why it's so hard to make a good villain for a movie. Maybe it's because there's just not enough time? Maybe it's because they're usually only in one movie whereas in a comic book they constantly come back or someone like Lex is always just in the background?

Shannon was good, but that was just Shannon. Zod at his core seems no better than any other strong motherfuckers

Especially for origin films, you're using all this time to establish the hero themselves. You don't get a lot of time to establish the villain unless you tie them explicitly to hero.

Great casting.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Villains only get one movie which undercuts their overall significance. They're never allowed to have a victory either. It doesn't help that most don't even get the courtesy of putting up a fight. The hero or heroes show up like John Cena, hit the 5 moves of doom, and roll out with the easy W.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Villains only get one movie which undercuts their overall significance. They're never allowed to have a victory either. It doesn't help that most don't even get the courtesy of putting up a fight. The hero or heroes show up like John Cena, hit the 5 moves of doom, and roll out with the easy W.
If only there were action movies where villains only get one movie and are still memorable.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017

It's probably has more to do with the fact that people are going into these movies to watch the heroes instead of the villain. They want to see the heroes win and kick ass and be cool. A good villain doesn't really allow that. When a director gives a shit about story integrity, they'll give you a good villain like BvS, The Dark Knight, X2, but on the whole, this genre was cooked up to sell toys so villains are fodder like Saibamen in Dragonball.

Status
Not open for further replies.