• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'll be honest, I'm kinda excited to see how they do SS2. I liked the cast quite a bit. With a more competent director and lessons learned, I hope this movie turns out to be a surprise hit.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna make a prediction that a Suicide Squad sequel never happens. Harley, Joker, and Deadshot will obviously spin off into other movies but the rest of the cast will be forgotten about. I'm also gonna predict that no one will care.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm gonna make a prediction that a Suicide Squad sequel never happens. Harley, Joker, and Deadshot will obviously spin off into other movies but the rest of the cast will be forgotten about. I'm also gonna predict that no one will care.

You should look at the Instagram pic...

Yeah, I mean anything can happen, but we're literally on day 1 of pre-production it would be weird for it not to happen

(Especially since it's still a high performer for WB)

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the SS sequel is further along than most of the films on the slate.. I have a hard time seeing that.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they just placed a high profile producer on it. The original made mad money as well, it'd be insane not to follow it up.

Just replace Leto with Goggins and we're good to go

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see Jared Leto one more time as The Joker from the eyes of a different director. Of course, without that fucking stupid tattoos and shitty clothes. Jared is a great actor, he could be a great Joker with a proper director/writer.

Even in that Suicide Squad shit, he had that psycho posture in his eyes.

7dfe8b44c15dc7ecb08a1t0qm1.jpg

05a9a7442199ee9f59d54btphd.jpg

35e6a12c459b9c1ddce8069okk.jpg

2ba5b7851ca026f486922jmqjz.jpg

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
My only issue with the info we know thus far is possibly having Black Adam as the WMD they're going after. The idea is super rad, but you know he's going to wake up and fight them. Which means they'd really have no chance against him so it's just another threat they shouldn't be handling. I mean, you can see it play out clearly... they fight their way into some lab or tomb expecting a giant bomb or nuke, only to come across a coffin. They open it up and it's Adam lying in it (maybe really skinny?) and they crack a joke like, "That's it? We did all this for a corpse??!" Then somehow he wakes up and says Shazam. At that point, the Squad should be dead, so I have no idea how they'll get out of the situation.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with the info we know thus far is possibly having Black Adam as the WMD they're going after. The idea is super rad, but you know he's going to wake up and fight them. Which means they'd really have no chance against him so it's just another threat they shouldn't be handling. I mean, you can see it play out clearly... they fight their way into some lab or tomb expecting a giant bomb or nuke, only to come across a coffin. They open it up and it's Adam lying in it (maybe really skinny?) and they crack a joke like, "That's it? We did all this for a corpse??!" Then somehow he wakes up and says Shazam. At that point, the Squad should be dead, so I have no idea how they'll get out of the situation.
Superman flies through the window with a smirk on his face and says "Is this guy bothering you?"

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or how about they randomly stumble across Adam's tomb while fighting ISIS.

SHAZAM

Dwayne up and flies away. Squad is all wtf, then goes back to the mission.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
With Gavin O Connor on suicide squad 2 maybe it will be okay. I've enjoyed the directors other stuff

Even his autistic hitman movie was entertaining imo. Moreso than anything David Ayer directed tbh

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With Gavin O Connor on suicide squad 2 maybe it will be okay. I've enjoyed the directors other stuff

Even his autistic hitman movie was entertaining imo. Moreso than anything David Ayer directed tbh
The Accountant scratched the Bourne itch more than the Bourne movie did.

I wonder if Ben is looking to burn a film entry on his contact, if he'll show up in Suicide Squad due to Gavin doing it.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I may be hallucinating but wasn't there a sketchy rumor about Suicide Squad 2 being Affleck's last contracted movie?

That could work. You have Batman be this third party adversary going against the Squad and whomever the villain is.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Always had faith in Levi. Like I said before, Chuck was basically a kid in an adult body. He's been playing the innocent man-child for years and years.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want to see Jared Leto one more time as The Joker from the eyes of a different director. Of course, without that fucking stupid tattoos and shitty clothes. Jared is a great actor, he could be a great Joker with a proper director/writer.

Even in that Suicide Squad shit, he had that psycho posture in his eyes.

7dfe8b44c15dc7ecb08a1t0qm1.jpg

05a9a7442199ee9f59d54btphd.jpg

35e6a12c459b9c1ddce8069okk.jpg

2ba5b7851ca026f486922jmqjz.jpg
I thought he was good in the first teaser, with the "I'm just gonna hurt you really, really bad" line.

Then the movie came out.

OP
OP
Loxley

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully for the inevitable steelbook release of Reeves' Batman film(s) they can recruit Greg Capullo to do some artwork. Dude's my favorite Batman artist of all time.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Forget the DCEU
Forget the Bat-verse

Welcome to Quinn's World

https://www.thewrap.com/margot-robbie-3-harley-quinn-movies/

Warner Bros. is weighing each of the projects as the next platform for "Robbie," presently winning acclaim for playing Tonya Harding in "I, Tonya." Insiders described each of the 3 films for TheWrap, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the uncertainty around where Harley will turn up next:

"Suicide Squad 2." This would be the most obvious place for the former Dr. Harleen Quinzel to pop up. Gavin O'Connor is expected to write and possibly direct the film, which could go into production in the fall after Will Smith wraps on his clone assassin movie "Gemini Man." One reason "Suicide Squad 2" has the best odds is that the film may serve as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's introduction to the DC Universe as the super-villain Black Adam, two insiders familiar with the idea told TheWrap. Charles Roven is the lead producer on "Suicide Squad 2" and welcomed Mike Deluca who recently came on board the project to produce as well.

"Birds of Prey." Insiders say Robbie has become something of a DC Comics expert since joining "Suicide Squad," and has taken an interest in "Birds of Prey." The film is not a Quinn solo movie, but would feature multiple female superheroes — and possibly villains — in the DC Comics universe. Screenwriter Christina Hodson is scripting the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey spinoff for Warner Bros. and DC Films, TheWrap has learned exclusively.

"Joker vs Harley." The third project in the mix is a love story between the two iconic supervillains in the vein of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" but with The Joker and Harley. "Crazy, Stupid Love" directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa would write as well as direct, with Jared Leto and Robbie expected to reprise their 'Suicide Squad' roles as the Clown Prince of Crime and his deranged accomplice.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

The mission could be to get to Adam's casket before someone (Deathstroke?) gets to it because Deatstroke is working to get all the baddies together for Lex.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
If Margot plays Harley closer to her Tonya Harding in later films, sure. Why not.

Birds of Prey is interesting with Batgirl as a solo project. Maybe they use Kathy Kane Batwoman there.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest case of blue balls ever then... If I see Rock's Adam and he doesn't do something, I'd be pissed as a movie goer.

Would you though? If they never mention Black Adam, the movie or the marketing, it would be a nice Easter Egg. It would only be blue balls if they were like STARRING THE ROCK.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Would you though? If they never mention Black Adam, the movie or the marketing, it would be a nice Easter Egg. It would only be blue balls if they were like STARRING THE ROCK.
I mean, I guess it could work if the Adam they see in the coffin is totally mummified or emaciated and never actually turns into Black Adam. That way, Dwayne doesn't need to be featured in ads or do any press, but it sets him up for when he does show up in whatever movie is next. That would also help with the villain problem in that yeah, they should be fighting someone like Deathstroke or the League of Assassins and not some super powered god.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
When the rumors first came up, I was partial to the idea of a cult trying to resurrect Black Adam. They would be who the Squad is up against. And you can have them stopping the cult but ultimately failing to stop the ritual bringing back Black Adam. They never end up facing Black Adam or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.