• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
JL Batsuit sans eye make up,
jrlKrlC.png

Also, we knew as much, but Whedon reshot the Lex lines in the post-credits scene (the Legion of Doom tease part). They CGI'd out his hair.
Guys, people show receipts or sources when you post stuff like this... I believe you, but sometimes I want to see context and where it's coming from, thanks.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking on the info and rumors we had, yeah, I could see Lex telling Slade that Bruce is Batman and setting it into motion.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Joss explains why he left Batgirl

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/joss-whedon-batgirl-why-he-left-1202784808/

"It had been a year since I had first pitched the story. A lot happened in that year," Whedon told Variety on the red carpet.

"The story kind of just crumbled in my hands. There were elements that I just hadn't mastered that, after a long time, felt like I wasn't going to. I told people that I didn't have an idea, which isn't an exact truth. I had an idea, but it didn't fit in the space that was left for it. It was a little heartbreaking. But I'm working on something of my own, and there's nothing more exciting than that."

Oct 25, 2017
As much flak Snyder gets for his sensibilities, he could very well apply his thing in various IP's like Conan, God of War, Spawn, Terminator, The Darkness, Witchblade, The Crow...

Just stay away from established classicaly lighthearted characters.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It was from the CinemaCon presentation. Enough folks have confirmed it to know it's true.

Also if you want a DC movie to kill some time, Batman Ninja is a ton of fun.
Oh, I thought it was just that quote. I wonder if it is going to be a really private battle so that it fits in with the narrative that she gave up on mankind

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still thinking not only will Wonder Woman 2 have a framing story in the present day like the first movie did, but because of Cheetah and certain properties of her character, could see the villain making an appearance in the time post-Justice League as well. It would make sense if WB were to continue the Legion of Doom storyline to have Kristen Wiig's character (assuming she is going to be Cheetah) stay active as a villain from the 80's onward. That does raise the question of how she'll manage to stay in the shadows for such a long period of time, but I trust in Patty Jenkins being able to work around that issue.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm still thinking not only will Wonder Woman 2 have a framing story in the present day like the first movie did, but because of Cheetah and certain properties of her character, could see the villain making an appearance in the time post-Justice League as well. It would make sense if WB were to continue the Legion of Doom storyline to have Kristen Wiig's character (assuming she is going to be Cheetah) stay active as a villain from the 80's onward. That does raise the question of how she'll manage to stay in the shadows for such a long period of time, but I trust in Patty Jenkins being able to work around that issue.
If I were a betting man... I'd put 10 bucks on Cheetah being "cured" at the end, but with a hint that she'll relapse back into the role later on.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Reading through CinemaCon impressions reminded me that Bradley Cooper still exists

I wonder if WB would approach him for Batman if they still want an A-lister.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know when the Batman The Animated Series is coming to Blu-ray? I havent been able to find any information aside form the initial announcement back in Oct last year. Is it still coming that we know of?

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched The Wolverine. Wow, what a bad film visually. And Tao Okamoto was in this? I'd rather die as Mercy Graves than be the female love interest of a boring character like Logan.

Oct 25, 2017
Great performer, but I don't see it

Dude has that handsome-yet-unique Adam Driver look going on. Wayne needs that classic strong jaw look, which is why Affleck was so perfect.

Eh, that's not really a necessity for me. I just want a great actor that looks the part enough, like Keaton and Bale did, and can inject their own take on the role. Kebbell would definitely be able to do that, I think.

And at the end of the day, casting for Batman if Affleck leaves (and if Gyllenhaal really isn't an option anymore) is still going to be decided by Matt Reeves at this point. I'm pretty sure his specifications and interests in casting for the part will be different than Snyder's were.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, that's not really a necessity for me. I just want a great actor that looks the part enough, like Keaton and Bale did, and can inject their own take on the role. Kebbell would definitely be able to do that, I think.

And at the end of the day, casting for Batman if Affleck leaves (and if Gyllenhaal really isn't an option anymore) is still going to be decided by Matt Reeves at this point. I'm pretty sure his specifications and interests in casting for the part will be different than Snyder's were.
Jake isn't out yet. All the guy said was he isn't Batman at that very moment, which is true because I doubt a deal has been made.

And I think even if Reeves has full creative control, I'd wager WB will need to approve of the actor playing their most iconic character

My wild card choice is still Jason Sudiekis. Is the guy can get yoked, he'd have that classic look down. Hell, his natural hair is the same as Affleck's wig lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Jake isn't out yet. All the guy said was he isn't Batman at that very moment, which is true because I doubt a deal has been made.

And I think even if Reeves has full creative control, I'd wager WB will need to approve of the actor playing their most iconic character

My wild card choice is still Jason Sudiekis. Is the guy can get yoked, he'd have that classic look down. Hell, his natural hair is the same as Affleck's wig lol.

That's definitely true about Jake. Hence why I said "if." He's still my personal preference to replace Affleck in the role personally.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Sudeikis?!!! Lmao

Dude is dope but if he is to play any superhero I guess a green lantern might work

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely true about Jake. Hence why I said "if." He's still my personal preference to replace Affleck in the role personally.
Yeah he'd be the most interesting, non-Affleck or Hamm choice

Sudeikis?!!! Lmao

Dude is dope but if he is to play any superhero I guess a green lantern might work
Actually I like that idea lol

Him and Lance Reddick as John Stewart. Make it happen Hamada.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
It's strange to see him without the mustache. Should've kept it. Especially after Chris Evans started rocking one and seeing that not everyone can pull it off; no matter how handsome.

There's something about this costume I don't like. I think it's how disconnected it looks.

I think like the Flash suit, it's an undersuit with armor over it, which was meant to play into the samurai motif. But I sort of agree in the sense that I can't see it moving all that well for fight choreography. That Deathstroke design worked better in Arkham Origins where they didn't have to worry about physics and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.