• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I've posted around here. Will this thread have a meltdown when Infinity War comes out like the Microsoft thread did when GoW dropped, or have he gone through that step already?

Also, some random thoughts: Titans being a tv show right now makes me sad to think we won't get a Teen Titans movie soon.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I've posted around here. Will this thread have a meltdown when Infinity War comes out like the Microsoft thread did when GoW dropped, or have he gone through that step already?

Also, some random thoughts: Titans being a tv show right now makes me sad to think we won't get a Teen Titans movie soon.
Never knew there was a meltdown for MS. Who did the meltdown ? Did some trolls came into their thread and cause trouble?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never knew there was a meltdown for MS. Who did the meltdown ? Did some trolls came into their thread and cause trouble?

It was basically "Xbox deserves something like God of War damnit, let's all be sad for a few pages about God of War". I don't know what or who started it, but it's one of the few times that that otherwise only-sane Microsoft related thread went off the rails for a bit.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
It was basically "Xbox deserves something like God of War damnit, let's all be sad for a few pages about God of War". I don't know what or who started it, but it's one of the few times that that otherwise only-sane Microsoft related thread went off the rails for a bit.
Huh. I will think that DC_Cinematic is stronger than that since they already went though BVS and SS.

Edit

I will even say we already went though, since we are all fans of good movies and not fanboys that only watch dcu movies

Oct 25, 2017

Well unlike popular belief, although people might have preference for specific characters/company It doesn't necessarily mean they can't enjoy both cinematic universes. Not everything is "us vs. them".

I saw Infinity War yesterday and loved it. Of course, the thought that "If WB didn't screw this up, this could've been a dc event movie down the line" crossed my mind, followed by a mental facepalm. But to have a meltdown would be childish.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Well unlike popular belief, although people might have preference for specific characters/company It doesn't necessarily mean they can't enjoy both cinematic universes. Not everything is "us vs. them".

I saw Infinity War yesterday and loved it. Of course, the thought that "If WB didn't screw this up, this could've been a dc event movie down the line" crossed my mind, followed by a mental facepalm. But to have a meltdown would be childish.
Exactly, I just want good superhero movies, man. It doesn't benefit MCU/DCEU fans when these movies are bad.
I love the MCU. I also love Logan, Deadpool, First Class, and DOFP. I also really liked Wonder Woman and am excited for Aquaman.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

Did somebody die?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

I'm assuming most of us here are fans of Marvel too.

I find myself discussing the DCEU more as it's more interesting to discuss due to the state of it all!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting and telling that the CinemaCon stuff for the DCEU kicked off with a sizzle reel talking about the "modern DC cinematic universe", something Sandberg said directly as well.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting and telling that the CinemaCon stuff for the DCEU kicked off with a sizzle reel talking about the "modern DC cinematic universe", something Sandberg said directly as well.

At least here, Sandberg doesn't necessarily know the direction that the DC Cinematic Universe is going in, or at least that's what he's telling people from his Reddit handle.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Some Aquabro news form Wan

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/24/aquaman-james-wan-shakespearean-story-sibling-rivalry/

Speaking to EW at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday, the filmmaker teased the central conflict between Jason Momoa's titular hero (a.k.a. Arthur Curry) and his villainous brother, Orm (who also goes by the nom de guerre Ocean Master).

"The main antagonist in this movie is Orm, played by Patrick Wilson," Wan said. "And Black Manta, played by Yahya [Abdul-Mateen], is caught up in that world with them as well. But the main drive really is, it's almost a very classic Shakespearean story about brother from another world vs. brother from another world. And it really is a classic story of sibling rivalry."
Much more at the link

EDIT - Also some news from Frosty about Cavill and MoS2

http://collider.com/man-of-steel-2-henry-cavill-dc-contract/#superman

Over the past month or two, I've been hearing rumblings that Henry Cavill was in negotiations with the studio to extend his DC contract beyond the one picture that's still left on his deal. The rumor I heard was they wanted to make Superman the glue that ties all the DC movies together, which would feature the iconic character making small, but memorable, appearances in all the movies sort of like the way Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury pops up in most of the Marvel movies. However, while the rumors have been pretty loud from some very reliable sources, I couldn't get anything 100% confirmed, so it's still all in the rumor category.

Oct 25, 2017

Well he kinda is the glue already, in the sense that Superman was basically a walking mcguffin if you discard MOS where he really is the main characters. But I get what they mean and I am so down for him appearing in other movies as long as he gets his own thing. Cavill deserves it by his commitment to the character alone.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with that but I still desperately want Superman vs the Elite.

I mean MoS2..
Would Superman vs the Elite really work in a universe where he's known to kill his enemies? Though if they really wanted to be clever, that could be the whole crux of why the Elite try to bring him down. But then you run the risk of having actual character growth for Clark in the DCEU. What would people think??! :-P

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Would Superman vs the Elite really work in a universe where he's known to kill his enemies? Though if they really wanted to be clever, that could be the whole crux of why the Elite try to bring him down. But then you run the risk of having actual character growth for Clark in the DCEU. What would people think??! :-P
Hey, he only killed one guy...twice...

lol

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno...I'm gonna give Clark the benefit of doubt, you weren't in that bus
giphy.gif

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

Hey he's reformed now!!

I refuse to believe that guy he tackles through several walls at the beginning of BvS aint dead. Fuck off Clark "I didn't kill anyone" Kent, I SAW WHAT YOU DID

Plus whoever was manning that exploding 7-11 in Smallville in MoS, also dead.

He used his body and massive arms to shield the guy from most damage :p

INST

Nov 2, 2017
My body shuddered under the burden of adrenaline and my mind was a shadow of its whole self, and yet through the very cloud of my beautiful pain I heard her name. An impossible glimpse of bright light pierced the storm of my heart and I was nothing more than a child again. I realised then, that the darkness which had taken my heart now threatened to take my very being. I was becoming the very thing which crushed my younger self, a cruel fate worse than any other agony. I sought to exact the pain I suffered on a being I hardly understood, except that he had a mother, and her name was Martha. And it broke me.

Oct 25, 2017
It can be used to re-contextualize who Superman is and what he stands for. The imagery of people wanting him to be the man who killed Zod, but saying we have to be better could be genuinely great.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It can be used to re-contextualize who Superman is and what he stands for. The imagery of people wanting him to be the man who killed Zod, but saying we have to be better could be genuinely great.
Yeah it could definitely work, though you'd have to keep it far away from Snyder's hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it could definitely work, though you'd have to keep it far away from Snyder's hands

I think that ship has sailed for every part involved. I only expect to see his name attached on the producer credits or something.

Or just turn Snyder into DCEU's Stan Lee and give him a harmless cameo in every movie moving forward

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly, I don't think the people like that post here (as in this community thread). Occasionally a lurker drops in trying to make it a thing and it's just kinda sad.

Funny thing is the Marvel vs DC stuff around comics never cropped up much in my experience. You had Marvel doing the "distinguished competition" thing ala Sega in the 90s, but I never really encountered comic nerds who took the "rivalry" seriously. When I really noticed how weird it got with the movies was seeing someone on gaf trying to put Big Hero 6 against Interstellar.

Arrow season 5 of all things does a solid job rectifying a hero who killed in the past and now vows not to. Although those were very different circumstances. Ultimately, Clark didn't like killing Zod or anything.

An aside, I think it'd be neat if this Man of Steel 2 is about Superman trying to prevent natural disasters. These past three movies delivered on Superman fighting action that hadn't been done well in movies. And not just Superman, all comic movies tend to have their action scenes center on fights.

Superman Returns and Iron Man 3 has great action scenes based around saving passengers from a crashing plane. I'd love to get more stuff like that. Even Clark's first scene in Man of Steel is saving people from the oil rig.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I enjoy marvel movies, I ain't gonna be salty that millions of people enjoy and love something.

Where is that Microsoft thread tho where people are mad about god of war? Kinda wanna see it.

Last edited:

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I refuse to believe that guy he tackles through several walls at the beginning of BvS aint dead. Fuck off Clark "I didn't kill anyone" Kent, I SAW WHAT YOU DID

Plus whoever was manning that exploding 7-11 in Smallville in MoS, also dead.

Thankfully Zack Snyder didn't show in Man of Steel scenes where he saved people at super sonic speed without them dying.

I just watched infinity war and it seemed like Justice League with a more fleshed out villain.

I think I need to watch it again cos I dozed off near the end. I am not sure whether it's cos of a lack of sleep though

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Thankfully Zack Snyder didn't show in Man of Steel scenes where he saved people at super sonic speed without them dying.

I just watched infinity war and it seemed like Justice League with a more fleshed out villain.

I think I need to watch it again cos I dozed off near the end. I am not sure whether it's cos of a lack of sleep though
I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure that while the concept is similar, IW is a much more cohesive and well made movie.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing IW tomorrow night. Around 27 hours from the time of this post. Very excited.

And Snyder is out. I'm not sure why there is this fear of him having some sort of influence in what happens from hear on. Justice League is all the evidence you need. There are bigger things to worry about when it comes to the DCEU.

Status
Not open for further replies.