• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the audience isn't gonna care that Batman is suddenly younger than Superman

That said, I have doubts that Reeves is gonna let Batman play with the others

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I still think bookending a Batman sequel that takes place in the past while having ramifications for the post JL-world makes the most sense. That way, everyone's happy when a younger actor can play Batman and Affleck doesn't have to get into peak physical shape for the role. Also, I think it makes the most sense since it'd be hard to make a hard-boiled noir detective story if metahumans are constantly running around Gotham.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Whelp, guess they're really ignoring the "she hid herself for 100 years" thing with the new movie. Cause Wonder Woman is out in clear day around tons of people doing shit. That kinda irks me since it really breaks the rest of the continuity of the other films.

Yo she looks crazy fast. I wonder how many takes Gal had to do

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, guess they're really ignoring the "she hid herself for 100 years" thing with the new movie. Cause Wonder Woman is out in clear day around tons of people doing shit. That kinda irks me since it really breaks the rest of the continuity of the other films.

Damn that almost looks like CG to me lol.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's why I'm not liking the fact they're just breaking continuity all willy nilly. They started this mess, they should fix it or stick to it. Just ignoring shit is the laziest and dumbest way to solve these problems. It literally makes the other movies pointless which is totally unfair. Which is why making The Batman have a drastically different actor will really piss me off. Like, if they want to recast Ben with a guy like John Hamm, then fine, at least he's age appropriate. You can't just have Batman be some 28 year old in this universe, it doesn't make any sense. Especially since they're continuing with Gal as Wonder Woman and Jason as Aquaman... They've straight up interacted with an older Batman and have had their stories influenced by him.

Ignoring it is fixing it. The alternative is spending $300m on a Flashpoint movie, which would be the height of absurdity.

There is a small share of the viewing audience who liked BvS and embraced Affleck as Batman. But most moviegoers didn't like the films and have no desire to see another film like that. Few will be sad if they don't see Affleck in the role again.

Reeves is an outstanding director and it'd be a shame if his vision was hamstrung because Synder was obsessed with recreating the horrible Dark Knight Returns comic rather than providing the groundwork for a successful cinematic universe. Reeves has the capacity to create a trilogy in the vein of the Nolan trilogy, which combined with the ongoing success of Wonder Woman would pave the way for a successful cinematic universe. But that requires an actor who can not only play the role today but also ten years from today. Affleck is not now, nor was he ever that guy, and it was the height of shortsightedness that he was cast in the first place.

I can understand why some people might be annoyed if they recast the role but doing so it ultimately in the best interest of the cinematic universe. Doubling down on what has already failed is not a winning strategy.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Might be controversial opinion , but if the film makers they sign think there is an interesting story to tell its ok to fudge the continuity a bit, or just ignore it all together , in order to tell it .
Logan / Deadpool Did not suffer for not really matching the x-men universe continuity .

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017

mess

Snyder shoulda been the one to direct the WW movies

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
People are Asking AT&T Customer Service to Release the Snyder Cut of Justice League

Some context: as of yesterday, AT&T has wrapped up its massive purchase of Time Warner, a move that give sit control of Warner Bros., CNN, and HBO, among others. This means that the entire DC Extended Universe on film, including Justice League, is now ultimately the property of AT&T.
For fans who have been lobbying for the release of the mythical "Snyder cut," a version of Justice League made entirely out of Zack Snyder's footage which may or may not exist in any watchable form, this means that there's suddenly someone else to yell at.
So, like everyone else ever mad at AT&T, Zack Snyder fans are now stuck in customer service hell.

BNIAW1N.png

tHYo1uN.png

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I still think the problem with the DCEU films are the comic book movie fans. I think a lot of people base their arguments on Marvel's success and DCEU's failures on BS arguments and things that aren't actually, well.... true.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yo she looks crazy fast. I wonder how many takes Gal had to do

there's another pic or vid in that thread that shows she's actually on a wire to help her move that fast.
wiremcskg.jpg

Wait, thinking about it some more, they're probably gonna make her fast running look the same as in Wonder Woman 1. It looked so incredibly off when she were running up against Ares, like she wasn't running at all but rather hovering forward. It was really weird, and it seems like they're going for the same effect here. Welp.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
God I hope Cheetah looks good and not cheesy. Can't think of the last character in a movie like her. Kind of half animal type

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I still think bookending a Batman sequel that takes place in the past while having ramifications for the post JL-world makes the most sense. That way, everyone's happy when a younger actor can play Batman and Affleck doesn't have to get into peak physical shape for the role. Also, I think it makes the most sense since it'd be hard to make a hard-boiled noir detective story if metahumans are constantly running around Gotham.

That's what I want, for those reasons, and because I'd want it to be a period piece. If you assume Batman has existed since the mid-to-late 1990s, it'd be neat to see a Batman in the early 2000s. Something like year five of being Batman. And then you dump his ass is the lazarus pit at the end.

But also comics figured out this stuff ages ago. A lot of the individual character books aren't all that concerned with the broader DC or Marvel universes. You get the occasional crossovers in issues and the events that bring everyone together. But on average the stories focus on the main character of the book and their slice of that world.

OP
OP
Loxley

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Making the Batman movies prequels seems like the easiest way to get around casting a younger actor to play Bruce. It also allows Batman to be the only hero around, which would free up the concerns about why nobody else in the League is helping him. It would also give Reeves essentially carte blanche to do whatever he wants regarding storylines. And hey, they'd have an excuse to redesign Leto's shitty Joker costume.

I think only real hitch you run into is when the time comes to make a Justice League sequel or have Batman show up in another DCU movie that takes place after MOS. Do they age-up the younger actor or bring back Affleck?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Still wish they'd bump that Aquaman release date up 2 weeks. I don't care what anyone says, it's too crowded to be where it is.

Either it or Bumblebee, but preferably Aquaman. Yeah. Giving each of the big movies of December at least a week is good. Although I think later is preferring if they want longer legs through the holidays. And Mary Poppins is in that later December slot.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
When you look at how the last few superhero films in general performed, is there any kind of conclusion to be drawn about what type of films are working now?
I think the good movies work better. Somebody once said the best business strategy in motion pictures in quality. And I think in a world of Rotten Tomatoes and social media, what's been proven the better the movie — particularly in the superhero genre — the better it performs. You can't hide the bacon anymore.

No shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.