• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Toby stating multiple times " I sure hope Aquaman is ready in time" is a slight bit worrying lol

Huh? He only said once that they chose that date becuase it would be ready by that time.

I also think it's recontextulizing his answer

He isn't saying the soonest it can be done, but like when it's done it's the nearest blockbuster window that's free.

Like not gonna drop it in Sept when kids are going back to school or October which tends to be fairly light on major release.

Already have Fantastic Beasts 2 slotted for the Thanksgiving spot and Disney has Frozen 2 for Thanksgiving.

So really just saying can be done by year's end, but needed a window to put it in and Christmas does well.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
img_20180618_2039551xs4j.jpg

Definitely bruised. And them shoes.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm still amazed that of this is happening and yet there's still not an official press release as to whether or not this movie exists and that Phoenix is actually in it...

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Talk of Robert De Niro being involved in the Joker movie.

That Daniel R chap is retweeting it all onto my timeline so I believe it.

Last edited:

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
What in the world. That joker elseworlds movie...man I just don't know. It likely being a period piece of some sort, maybe have different clear branding, and a modest budget will help the project. Also I love Joaquin and he could really shine in this kinda role.

But Todd Phillips?

I bet he thinks he is making a prestige picture that will pull in all kinds of acclaim and get him kudos from the studio. While that would be a rad if that happened, I think the reality is that it's going to be a shlocky mess that gets dumped on the new streaming service.

Would love to be wrong tho. Joaquin might really pull this one off.

But Todd Phillips?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What in the world. That joker elseworlds movie...man I just don't know. It likely being a period piece of some sort, maybe have different clear branding, and a modest budget will help the project. Also I love Joaquin and he could really shine in this kinda role.

But Todd Phillips?

I bet he thinks he is making a prestige picture that will pull in all kinds of acclaim and get him kudos from the studio. While that would be a rad if that happened, I think the reality is that it's going to be a shlocky mess that gets dumped on the new streaming service.

Would love to be wrong tho. Joaquin might really pull this one off.

But Todd Phillips?
The entire point of doing films like this are to be prestige films. Why would they dump it on a streaming service when we've been told exactly what these elseworlds projects were supposed to represent in various reports?

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
The entire point of doing films like this are to be prestige films. Why would they dump it on a streaming service when we've been told exactly what these elseworlds projects were supposed to represent in various reports?
My lack of faith in the director is what is giving me doubts about the endeavor. Its a kinda cool, but weird project for a movie universe. This idea needs the studio to put it's best foot forward, since this project was announced (leaked?) a fair amount of people have been scratching their heads. I know it's not intended for the new streaming service, just my speculation if the movie goes sideways.

Like I said, it would be awesome if my speculation was wrong. Maybe the elseworld branding makes sense and the standalone movies are big hits that garner lots of praise.

It's just weird man. Joaquin I'm in for. If the director was different I'd have a more open mind. Plus the canon mainline universe hasn't been in the greatest of shape. I don't know what to feel about the project.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
We got one fam!

BEST FIGHT
Atomic Blonde – Charlize Theron (Lorraine) vs. Daniel Hargrave (Sniper), Greg Rementer (Spotter)
Avengers: Infinity War – Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Elizabeth Olsen (Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch) vs. Carrie Coon (Proxima Midnight)
Black Panther – Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) vs. Winston Duke (M'Baku)
Thor: Ragnarok – Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) vs. Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
***WINNER: Wonder Woman – Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) vs. German Soldiers

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
We've been told by everyone but WB what these movies are supposed to represent. I don't even think these are "prestige" or "auteur" driven or whatever.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
We got one fam!

BEST FIGHT
Atomic Blonde – Charlize Theron (Lorraine) vs. Daniel Hargrave (Sniper), Greg Rementer (Spotter)
Avengers: Infinity War – Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Elizabeth Olsen (Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch) vs. Carrie Coon (Proxima Midnight)
Black Panther – Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) vs. Winston Duke (M'Baku)
Thor: Ragnarok – Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) vs. Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
***WINNER: Wonder Woman – Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) vs. German Soldiers

Is this some Nickelodeon thing?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new OT is about ready, but I'll leave it to you all to vote on a new subtitle.

Also, does any one have any links they would like added to the OP? To other threads? To some reading material? Sites you recommend?

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
"superfriends with benefits"
"A league of xx=damaged=xx gentlemen"
"A league of academy award winners"
"Crisis on infinite forums"

Title needs to be good lol

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I also think it's recontextulizing his answer

He isn't saying the soonest it can be done, but like when it's done it's the nearest blockbuster window that's free.

Like not gonna drop it in Sept when kids are going back to school or October which tends to be fairly light on major release.

Already have Fantastic Beasts 2 slotted for the Thanksgiving spot and Disney has Frozen 2 for Thanksgiving.

So really just saying can be done by year's end, but needed a window to put it in and Christmas does well.
Hmm I didn't get this impression at all. He literally said that to be blunt, that was the soonest it could be ready. He also sites Black Panther and how it did great in a February window, which implies that he believes any window could be great. Obviously he wouldn't want to drop it in November though, and September/October is probably too early for it to be ready.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, so I'm reading my first ever Shazam comic book, and I see Black Adam and Doctor Sivana is part of it. What if Sivana as the villain in the Shazam movie is tasked with finding Shazam by... Black Adam!? Leading into the Black Adam solo???

I think I figured this stuff out.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, so I'm reading my first ever Shazam comic book, and I see Black Adam and Doctor Sivana is part of it. What if Sivana as the villain in the Shazam movie is tasked with finding Shazam by... Black Adam!? Leading into the Black Adam solo???

I think I figured this stuff out.
There has to be mentions of Black Adam in the movie. There just HAS to be. And then a credits scene with Lex and Deathstroke and SURPRISE! Dwayne The ROCK Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.