• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Ignore the toy,

34777212_2183964585192609_162690960285761536_n.jpg
They have director pops? Lmao

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
What's the quality of those Lego DC superhero movies? I haven't watch any of them yet. (besides Lego Batman)

The Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie are actual full budget movies for theaters. The Lego DTV movies are.... not. They're pretty fun, and funny at times, but expect very different things. If you like the Lego games, you'll like the movies well enough.

Any movie that brings me this is okay in my book.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
The Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie are actual full budget movies for theaters. The Lego DTV movies are.... not. They're pretty fun, and funny at times, but expect very different things. If you like the Lego games, you'll like the movies well enough.

Any movie that brings me this is okay in my book.

Lol. That's hilarious. I appreciate the levity. Will try to check them out.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
So, Ray ain used the BORGLIFE hashtag in his last two social media posts. Is he done or tired of it?

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I really wanna watch the animated movies but the animation is so bad, why can't they do better. It looks like it was made in Paint or something. It has no style.

OP
OP
Loxley

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanna watch the animated movies but the animation is so bad, why can't they do better. It looks like it was made in Paint or something. It has no style.

Smaller budget, teams, and less time due to the nature of being straight-to-video.

At least we got LEGO Batman, which was stunning.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

This one gets released tomorrow. I also think we should feature more animated content in the thread.

What's the quality of those Lego DC superhero movies? I haven't watch any of them yet. (besides Lego Batman)
OH IDEA!
Since some of these movies are now on Hulu (For now), we should totally do like a watch of one and just post thoughts/impressions in here.
(I've seen and own most all of them, but always down to revisit)

They're the same. It was made by the same studios that Warner Bros Animation has always used with a few exceptions. Budget has nothing to do with it actually
I'm actually going through the series now and it's fascinating to see that many did use the same style/animation we get now. I think what kept it fresh was there were less in a year and they sprinkled in enough with a different look that you didn't notice.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Really? It's the opposite for me.

The recent "Nu52" movies looked cheap as hell.

The older pre-flashpoint stuff looked great
I think they look fine. They aren't cinema level, but I don't expect them to be.
OH IDEA!
Since some of these movies are now on Hulu (For now), we should totally do like a watch of one and just post thoughts/impressions in here.

I'm actually going through the series now and it's fascinating to see that many did use the same style/animation we get now. I think what kept it fresh was there were less in a year and they sprinkled in enough with a different look that you didn't notice.
I'll start with Justice League - Cosmic Clash.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
OH IDEA!

Yeah, the main series of DC animated movies are designed by Phil Bourassa who designed YJ and now does the New 52 movie designs. But Warner Bros always keeps that same rotation of Korean animation studios: Lotto Animation, Dong Woo Animation, Yeson Entertainment, Digital eMation, and MOI Animation. Though Death Of Superman used Studio Mir, which is why it looked a little better.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I just do not like the current artstyle. It has improved though, I think Justice League War was the zenith of caca.

Plus the VA for Batman is just... bleh. Downgrade from Bruce Greenwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.