• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
As for the toxic masculinity, that's something I would like to hear more about. From where I stand, I see BvS as a repudiation of it but this is more emphasized in the UC.

It absolutely is meant to put the lens on toxic masculinity and criticize it. The movie even reframes Frank Miller's ideas from TDKR, down to Thomas Wayne trying to punch the mugger, as negatives and wrong lessons for Bruce.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Has Been Warned For: Rude and dismissive posts.
Your posts are indeed.
9b30x9j.gif

Dudes on message boards with their try-hard feminism.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hey everyone, you can disagree without personally going in on each other.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, reported. Thought it would've been for the last one instead.

We're cool, Royalan. Just another day in the DCEU OT.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
So, are we rebooting this thread when they reboot the DC cinematic universe?

brb gonna contact Jake Gyllenhaal's agent to see if he can be the new broncobuster.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I took a look at his discography, I completely forgot Hunnam was in Children of Men

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
In 26 years when Mr. Snyder releases his cut, I doubt he's gonna use Joss' footage to connect the scenes. He'll instead insert his storyboards as a Tank Girl homage.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I think you're gonna be disappointed when all everybody has to say was that they did they're job.

There's no juicy behind the scenes drama.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to believe it is. Pretty much everything that happened has been reported during production and after release.
You mean the part where they said Snyder thought he could find escape in post production and Warner Bros continued to crawl further and further up his ass over the tone? I don't think that situation transpired the way Warner Bros and the Snyders portrayed it when the news broke.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the part where they said Snyder thought he could find escape in post production and Warner Bros continued to crawl further and further up his ass over the tone? I don't think that situation transpired the way Warner Bros and the Snyders portrayed it when the news broke.
You're gonna be disappointed fam. It's nothing juicy here.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to hear about all the backlash from the actors about how Whedon was on set. Stop being a negative nancy Ross lol

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll want some behind the scene drama but I'm the negative nancy??????

I think everybody just wants to move on to next thing.

We on Aquamane and Shazam and Wonder Womane 2 and Suicide Squad 2 now.

Last edited:

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
People in certain circles have hinted they know a lot more about the behind-the-scenes drama than what we've heard from The Hollywood Reporter and other related articles, and at this point it's just a matter of time before it all comes out. As much as I love Justice League (mainly cause I had never expected a dark, introspective philosophical drama like BvS was), I can definitely feel like the studio had meddled with the film to the detriment of the original filmmaker and his vision, and while I had serious reservations about what Joss apparently brought to the table, I do feel like he deserves some credit for writing a lot of the intrapersonal communication and dialogue between members of the League.

It's just unfortunate that instead of being talked about, loved, or hated by the communities the prior films had fostered on the Internet, whether for better or for worse, Justice League seems doomed to be forgotten. At the same time it definitely seems like people who do love the movie (of which I would include myself) seem to be drowned out in the discussion of how the film was improperly handled and how it may or may not have resulted in its disappointing box office numbers. All in all, it's going to be a long wait until December next year for Aquaman's release, and hopefully WB and DC Films (if it still exists) can figure out a direction and plan for where to go from here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt I'd be disappointed.
I'm certain you will.

People in certain circles have hinted they know a lot more about the behind-the-scenes drama than what we've heard from The Hollywood Reporter and other related articles, and at this point it's just a matter of time before it all comes out. As much as I love Justice League (mainly cause I had never expected a dark, introspective philosophical drama like BvS was), I can definitely feel like the studio had meddled with the film to the detriment of the original filmmaker and his vision, and while I had serious reservations about what Joss apparently brought to the table, I do feel like he deserves some credit for writing a lot of the intrapersonal communication and dialogue between members of the League.

It's just unfortunate that instead of being talked about, loved, or hated by the communities the prior films had fostered on the Internet, whether for better or for worse, Justice League seems doomed to be forgotten. At the same time it definitely seems like people who do love the movie (of which I would include myself) seem to be drowned out in the discussion of how the film was improperly handled and how it may or may not have resulted in its disappointing box office numbers. All in all, it's going to be a long wait until December next year for Aquaman's release, and hopefully WB and DC Films (if it still exists) can figure out a direction and plan for where to go from here.

They full of shit. If there was more it would've been reported at this point.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm certain you will.

There is literally a report that said Snyder thought post would be an escape from the tragedy, but Warner Bros kept crawling up his ass until he couldn't handle the situation anymore. Junkie confirmed he wrote some music for the film when people tried to link that one theme to him.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certain you will.

I'm not saying I believe personally that there is any more drama that we haven't heard about already, only that certain people who I've listened to and follow on Twitter have claimed such drama exists. Personally, I'm more surprised Snyder hasn't been fed up with the way WB's treated his films and simply jumped ship with his whole production company he founded with Deb out of the WB lot. Either there was some mutual agreement that's kept him there (because I do believe his short film on Vero was filmed in WB's studio lot, indicating he still had a working relationship with the studio after leaving Justice League's production) or we haven't heard about it yet. But we also have heard that he's still going to be a producer with the upcoming DC films, including Wonder Woman 2, and I'm wondering if any of those plans have changed since Justice League's release and reception?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying I believe personally that there is any more drama that we haven't heard about already, only that certain people who I've listened to and follow on Twitter have claimed such drama exists. Personally, I'm more surprised Snyder hasn't been fed up with the way WB's treated his films and simply jumped ship with his whole production company he founded with Deb out of the WB lot. Either there was some mutual agreement that's kept him there (because I do believe his short film on Vero was filmed in WB's studio lot, indicating he still had a working relationship with the studio after leaving Justice League's production) or we haven't heard about it yet. But we also have heard that he's still going to be a producer with the upcoming DC films, including Wonder Woman 2, and I'm wondering if any of those plans have changed since Justice League's release and reception?
With Snyder's recent reputation and output, who else is gonna take a chance on him? The only studio I could think of is Fox and we all know that ain't happening anymore?

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Ya'll want some behind the scene drama but I'm the negative nancy??????

I think everybody just wants to move on to next thing.

We on Aquamane and Shazam and Wonder Womane 2 and Suicide Squad 2 now.

I think you want to move on to the next thing. A lot of these guys clearly still have JL on the mind.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
With Snyder's recent reputation and output, who else is gonna take a chance on him? The only studio I could think of is Fox and we all know that ain't happening anymore?

I'd love to see him work on a Netflix or Amazon Studios production. If anything those distributors would be up for anything to get their name known among the big Hollywood hotshots and I think they could give Snyder a lot of leeway on (most likely) mid-budget film projects.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
If she wasn't carried by David Oyelowo in Selma her career would be over.

I disagree because she made a pretty good documentary shortly after. But yeah, Selma was just an above average civil rights flick. Carried mostly by Oyelowo's performance as MLK. And maaan Wrinkle of Time looks like ass lmao, but maybe it ends up being good I dunno.

RupertM

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I think the glamorized gold dust classification of the "Snyder cut" is wishful thinking and a made-up fan concept whereas a person who worked on the film, who was confirmed and did a Reddit ama said that there was no Snyder cut, that's not how movies are made. The production was troubled with many overlapping versions, and specially due to the nature of how VFX are produced - there was never that elusive Snyder Cut ever assembled and simply does not exist.

But even beyond that - the sense that the suits compromised the vision of a grand suffering artist like Snyder is bogus.

I like Snyder. I think 300 is a CBM masterpiece. But the evidence of all his later films suggest he's simply not a good director. MOS is not a good film and BVS is absolute garbage. Watchmen is an ill-thought movie with no sense of storytelling though it is good at image making. With all the overwhelming evidence we have, I find it impossible to classify Snyder as a grand visionary artist. For starters he simply cannot direct actors and has no sense of what constitutes a good screenplay.

So to think that poor Snyder was going to deliver The Magnificent Ambersons or something like that is misguided and something the fans created out of wishful thinking.

Let's put it this way. This movie with Snyder only ever had a prayer of being about 3/10. So the suits both due to that and unfortunate family circumstances got Whedon and he tried to bump it to 4/10 but Whedon literally couldn't do anything. Whedon has delivered a widely celebrated CBM (Avengers) and we have evidence that he's a fantastic writer and great with actors. But as the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

What we have is the most watchable version that could be assembled in a short time. This movie was never going to be great nor did it have a chance. It's very DNA was polluted with the horribly conceived DCEU. So Whedon could do little to save it. But he tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.