• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Aquaman |OT| Namor's Alpha Test

Hopefully Flash can join them... in 2021

Dammit, Fantastic Beasts.
The ironic part is WB likely made the call to delay Flash because they saw Fantastic Beasts as a sure thing whereas they aren't as confident in DC right now.

Now they're looking at FB2 doing disappointing numbers and DC potentially on an upswing. Gotta be sitting in that boardroom like
martin3.png

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Folks in that Aquaman impressions thread are actually going and digging up positive Justice League tweets from people who are praising Aquaman, in some bizarre way of discrediting them.

DC movies just bring out something weird in people 'round here, I swear.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Wait
Why is it up almost a month early?

Comes out in China on the 7th I believe. Then other countries then the US on the 21st. US is one of the last places it releases. WB very likely wants that overseas money. The last several big films they've had I believe the gross was very heavy in the direction of the international market. Certainly the case with Fantastic Beasts (both films).

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Comes out in China on the 7th I believe. Then other countries then the US on the 21st. US is one of the last places it releases. WB very likely wants that overseas money. The last several big films they've had I believe the gross was very heavy in the direction of the international market. Certainly the case with Fantastic Beasts (both films).
With regards to China, if WB didn't release it this early they'd have to wait till January due to restriction on releasing foreign films during some times over here. That's what always happened to star wars as well.

I wonder how Aquaman will do in China. WB doesn't have the best track record here.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
I keep forget that is a thing that is happening.
Yeah, it's that sneaky technically 3rd DC movie next year. I mean I think dc entertainment or productions is name checked in the press releases for that. Maybe they'll do the dc and vertigo logos before the movie?

It's a period piece mob movie or something, so not the usual comic book movie adaptation lol.

At least I don't think it will feature eye lasers.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
hey remember when people kept hammering away at the whole grimdark "no jokes" thing for BvS?

That "no jokes" thing was made up and people believed it because they wanted to. Same case with the whole Aunt May is getting a spin-off thing. You'd think in recent years people would try to be less susceptible to bogus stories, all things considered.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Don't get me wrong here I think Heard looks beautiful always and especially here, but I wish her suit wasn't so chesty. It looks almost overly sexual the way it pushes her breasts up

I never thought I'd complain about someone being too chesty.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
so is the music in the aquaman trailer his theme or just stock music. because it seriously might be the best superhero theme in a minute, surprisingly ravey. plz include it.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
That "no jokes" thing was made up and people believed it because they wanted to. Same case with the whole Aunt May is getting a spin-off thing. You'd think in recent years people would try to be less susceptible to bogus stories, all things considered.
Speaking of people believing things because they want to, we haven't gotten the customary "Aquaman is a mess" rumors from 4chan.

That's my favorite part of the cycle!

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Not even close. Man of Steel soundtrack is still godtier. The Aquaman trailer music is great but let's not forget "You die or I do".

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yas, 2D tickets for Aquaman finally went on sale here. Was the first one to book one, so got my usual best seat right in the middle. Can't wait for this experience!

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Not even close. Man of Steel soundtrack is still godtier. The Aquaman trailer music is great but let's not forget "You die or I do".

Not all of you are lost.

It goes:

MoS theme
WW theme
Bruce Wayne theme

Honourable mention is the Steven Price Harley & Joker theme which got replaced by that gangsta song.

Also a mention for Elfmans trash JL and Flash 'themes'.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
WW theme is distinct but divisive, but her overall score is the best. Melody and motifs, lacking in most superhero scores, are at the front here.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
We need an orchestral version of Wonder Woman's theme. The melody itself is good but I still maintain the electric cello is offputting to some.

The little bit that played with Diana's intro in JL was great.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
The priority is to reajust the ship, and it's not with the supporting cast I agree. Even if I loved them, especially Irons but he had the most screentime.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
If Aquaman gets a sequel, I wouldn't mind it being based on the current "Drowned Earth" story from the comics.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If Aquaman gets a sequel, I wouldn't mind it being based on the current "Drowned Earth" story from the comics.

Is that good?
And isn't it more of a League story?

(Also guess makes two possible Justice League movies can make if it does well)

And I no longer work in Manhattan (much better commute), but I do miss being able to run to WB Corner during a big movie launch

kRLw0gq.jpg

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I've never been deep into Aquaman solo lore, but have to assume Manta ain't one and done here and he'll be back for a sequel. Whether it's the main antagonist or not.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
https://pridesource.com/article/qa-margot-robbie-talks-queen-elizabeth-drag-harley-quinns-queerness-in-birds-of-prey/ said:
In August, DC Comics confirmed that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are married, and in 2020, you will play Harley in her own movie. For "Birds of Prey," are you mindful of the way Harley is portrayed when it comes to her sexuality?

Robbie
Yeah. If you read the comics you know that Poison Ivy and Harley have an intimate relationship. In some comics they convey it as a friendship; in other comics you can see that they're actually sexually involved as a couple. I've been trying to – I would love to have Poison Ivy thrown into the universe, because the Harley and Poison Ivy relationship is one of my favorite aspects of the comics, so I'm looking to explore that on screen.

Have you considered who you'd want as Poison Ivy?

Robbie
You know what? I've thought about it a lot and there's no one person who springs to mind. I'm pretty open-minded.

Make it happen, Margot.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Is that good?
And isn't it more of a League story?

(Also guess makes two possible Justice League movies can make if it does well)
The League is in it, but like Throne of Atlantis, it's really an Aquaman story. Wonder Woman and Batman are the only ones who have any real affect on the plot, and in Batman's case, it's mostly in service of continuing the rivalry with the Legion of Doom. You could take the League out and still keep most of the story in tact. Or "Civil War" it and have Aquaman's sequel do double duty as a Justice League movie.

As for the story itself, I really dug it. If Aquaman is going to be the big weird section of the DC films the way the impressions say it is, I think Drowned Earth is a story that fits right in line with that. It's big and properly "cinematic" with some really good character beats for Arthur, Manta, and Mera. My biggest complaint is the same one I have with most Scott Synder events: the conclusion feels rushed because he always waits till the very last issue to have the heroes start turning the tables. I always want there to be one more issue before the last one with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.