• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

DCEU Era |OT2| Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!

Oct 25, 2017
Let’s wait and see if that’s the case. BoP doesn’t look that way at all. And neither does Aquaman from what I hear.

I think WB May have learned that DC offers a wide variety of tones and varying degrees of fun, dark, grit, and color. There’s no one size fits all for dc.
I do like everything i've heard of BoP. Although it might not seem seem necessary without knowing the details, I hope they go with the R rating.

I'm worried about the mainline. Patty has control of Wonder Woman, but everything else might stick to formula. Aquaman looks okay, but appears to be hitting the usual bullet points.

Nov 15, 2017
Idk. Most early reactions to Aquaman point to a movie that anything but the standard. Plotwise it probably walks a few worn paths like every superhero origin, but everything we've seen and heard suggest a movie with its own identity.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a problem with this thread not showing up in Watched threads? It disappeared since the update and after removing and adding back and forth it will not show up. Watching another thread in gaming side works though.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a problem with this thread not showing up in Watched threads? It disappeared since the update and after removing and adding back and forth it will not show up. Watching another thread in gaming side works though.
deltaplus in the 2.0 thread
This is a weird bug that we're looking into right now. A quick workaround is to go to Trending, ensure that on the right sidebar (expand it if you have it collapsed) that there are no forums selected. Then return to your watched threads. We're working on a permanent fix.

Nov 15, 2017
He's not wrong.

Marvel vs DC used to be some shit we talked about on the playground and was mostly stuff like "Wonder Woman could totally beat Storm in a fight!" Now people are taking this stuff entirely too seriously.

When you have so many people openly rooting for these films to fail, you can't help but feel we've lost the plot.

Oct 26, 2017
Generally speaking, fanatics are kinda just insecure assholes who found something to channel their ugliness into. I don't think these things are specifically about Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Nintendo, Sony, or whatever. They're all whatever these people used to fill that hole in their lives.

The people who're actually making these movies are adults doing their jobs. They're not tying their entire personality to liking brands. Dude directing Shazam can be making a Marvel movie next and the duo directing Captain Marvel could move on to make a DC movie for WB. Fanatics getting upset about a lighthearted banter made between them can't understand because they don't have a sense of humor about these things. So much of their identity is about liking a brand, they treat it as a personal attack. It's weird but what're you gonna do.

For most people, if you took any of these movies and swapped Disney and Marvel logos with WB and DC ones, and vice versa, they'd like or dislike them just the same. It's not that serious and most aren't about that life.

Oct 26, 2017
lol

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/james-wan-interview-aquaman/2/ said:
Is it weird looking back that there was literally an entire season of Entourage devoted to this movie? In an ironic, this will never actually be a movie, type way?

To make fun of it.

Directed by James Cameron.

Cameron, I know. Like two James’ make the Aquaman movie!

You’re officially the new James Cameron.

It’s very appropriate. I don’t know what to say other than the fact that I think it’s fucking funny. The irony isn’t lost on me. And I hope the movie does as well as the fake Aquaman.