• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know at this point, I don't care what anyone says. WIth some reviewers there is a major double standard when they review comic book movies. Maybe it's unintentional with some and intentional with some.

Some of the petty shit that im seeing from these reviews are just outstanding.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The average review is on the swords tip... don't the scores go to rotten once the review posted goes below a 6? (I know the reviewer can change it if they want)

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
You know at this point, I don't care what anyone says. WIth some reviewers there is a major double standard when they review comic book movies. Maybe it's unintentional with some and intentional with some.

Some of the petty shit that im seeing from these reviews are just outstanding.
Like what's already been mentioned, reviewers are human. Some of them are no doubt fed up with the constant attacks by Snyderbots on social media. Some do have bias. If the movie ends up being fresh that's fine imo. But some of these guys are utterly pretentious wankers who are just itching to attack DC.

One thing for certain. WB/DC would do well to minimize any input Zack Snyder has. The critics utterly loathe him, and attack him whenever they can. Dude is critical and commercial poison.

Oct 25, 2017
Like what's already been mentioned, reviewers are human. Some of them are no doubt fed up with the constant attacks by Snyderbots on social media. Some do have bias. If the movie ends up being fresh that's fine imo. But some of these guys are utterly pretentious wankers who are just itching to attack DC.

One thing for certain. WB/DC would do well to minimize any input Zack Snyder has. The critics utterly loathe him, and attack him whenever they can. Dude is critical and commercial poison.

Synderbots are a plague and and terrible. That said. A reviewer shouldn't let a fanbase paint their view on reviewing a movie. Point blank. I don't think they are doing that here though.

But a reviewer pointing out this movie doesn't have a strong eco friendly message and knocking points off for that needs to get on somewhere.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Synderbots are a plague and and terrible. That said. A reviewer shouldn't let a fanbase paint their view on reviewing a movie. Point blank. I don't think they are doing that here though.

But a reviewer pointing out this movie doesn't have a strong eco friendly message and knocking points off for that needs to get on somewhere.
Oh I agree that's pure bullshit. That's someone who is just looking to give DC a bad review.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
BvD7ZuW.png

Wait... This movie isn't a documentary? This Wan guy is a FRAUD. I'm cancelling my tickets for Saturday.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I feel it'll creep up to high 70s.

Was expecting it to review better but I'll form my opinion when i watch it!

Some of the negatives seem really bad, but we'll see.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
People are fairly loose and liberal with the way they interpret generally positive reviews . really makes ya think .

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I swear some people are trying so hard to hate this movie.
In the review thread?

Yeah definitely. Only negative reviews and points have been discussed.

People are always trying to force another BvS review thread and it's tiring.

I hope for better discourse in the OT when people have seen the movie.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear some people are trying so hard to hate this movie.

Well the RT thread is boring because this movie isn't a 27%. RIght now it's at 79% with potential to go up or down. An ok yet enjoyable movie. Unfortunately like you said some want to confirm their bias. People who want to see the movie will see it and those that don't want to will find an excuse not to. Simple.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the RT thread is boring because this movie isn't a 27%. RIght now it's at 79% with potential to go up or down. An ok yet enjoyable movie. Unfortunately like you said some want to confirm their bias. People who want to see the movie will see it and those that don't want to will find an excuse not to. Simple.

Its like that Titans thread. The guy who started the topic posted the few negative reviews and purposely omitted the fact that it was getting good reviews all over the board.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
In the review thread?

Yeah definitely. Only negative reviews and points have been discussed.

People are always trying to force another BvS review thread and it's tiring.

I hope for better discourse in the OT when people have seen the movie.

Yeah, let's only talk about the very negative reviews and Post negative quotes.

Another thing is saying this movie is an exception for the DCEU and forgetting that Wonder Woman exists, that DC can only hope to have fun movies and can't be a cultural land marks. That's what Wonder Woman was lol.

Anyways, I'm happy if this movie stays in the 70s just for the salt. I'm not one for reviews to be my sole basis of quality but I hate if you make an argument for something and stupid RT screen caps get posted.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Yep. But I'll add that some people who don't will still pirate a cam version of it (and some already have while dancing around admitting it).

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Its like that Titans thread. The guy who started the topic posted the few negative reviews and purposely omitted the fact that it was getting good reviews all over the board.
That was the thread that made me scoff at any claim that Era isn't a Marvel fanboy website. People wanted so badly for it to fail so they could feel good about being on the "winning team". Wish some people would own up to it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That was the thread that made me scoff at any claim that Era isn't a Marvel fanboy website. People wanted so badly for it to fail so they could feel good about being on the "winning team". Wish some people would own up to it.
People wanted it to be so bad, from the jump.

It's like the opposite world this year, Sony made the best super hero movie of the year and dc released titans which looked crap but turned out to be awesome and the Netflix marvel shows got canceled. Like what???

Venom making 850 million is king of the shit show tho. Good on China for making that movie an ultra hit.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh... I wanted either glowing reviews or them to trash it.

As i've thought for awhile now, Aquaman looks like your standard fare in today's landscape. Still tired of critics suggesting that the MCU is somehow above it all.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

tbh I think it's a handful of loud fanatical posters rather than an Era wide thing. Asking someone if they prefer Marvel movies and DC movies in 2018, it's not a stretch to imagine them saying Marvel. Can't underestimate how impressive it is for Feige and Marvel Studios to consistently churn out well regarded and successful blockbusters. But those people aren't the ones actively rooting for DC or Sony-Marvel or w/e that's not MCU to fail. Sometimes those dudes don't come off like they enjoy MCU movies as much as thrive on negativity and choose DC, Xbox, Last Jedi, whatever the lately thing is to leech onto is.

It is funny to see some, without a hint of irony, be like this,

"Critics hate Aquaman!"

LWceq8a.gif

bVUGRuX.gif

B8IjcUn.gif

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Shazam also reviews well and maybe we can start dropping this hope for bad DC movies. Glad to see Aquaman reviewing alright, gonna watch it on Thursday.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Ali Wong and the other additions for BoP haven't been given roles yet. Strange they'll announce hot cop from Sharp Objects is playing Zsasz but coy about the rest.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
The Batman movie at this point is an urban myth just like Batman himself lol. WB has been really tight-lipped about it this whole year, at this point I'm really afraid that it's not getting past the script phase. The question mark regarding Affleck is not helping either.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The Batman movie at this point is an urban myth just like Batman himself lol. WB has been really tight-lipped about it this whole year, at this point I'm really afraid that it's not getting past the script phase. The question mark regarding Affleck is not helping either.
They should make a movie about the original vigilante Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow not mythological ones like the Batman.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The takes in the rotten tomatoes thread are coming in fast and hot, bring a pair of good gloves if you want to touch .
Im kind of guilty of poluting that threads with talks about The Spirit and Venom for some reason .

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

To be fair, Affleck's status is a "no" for the solo Batman movie. That's 99.9%. It's the larger question of whether he's kept the contemporary crossovers or not.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Now there are only rotten reviews coming in for Aquaman, getting dangerously close to the under 70% territory. DC can't catch a break, like another poster said :P

Oct 25, 2017
Look at Venom and then look at all the people in that thread and elsewhere saying it's enjoyable despite its shitty RT and average score.

Those people are using an average RT as a negative against Aquaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.