• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You know what's nice tho, I don't think I've seen a LLTP MoS or BvS thread in a long ass time. I haven't argued the merits of MOS in awhile. No Chris Evans hurricane gif either 👀

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
One of the usual insiders is teasing a Shazam trailer on Twitter.

Maybe it'll release to play infront of Aquaman in the US?

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
One of the usual insiders is teasing a Shazam trailer on Twitter.

Maybe it'll release to play infront of Aquaman in the US?
It would be dope but Sandburg said don't expect it until after New Years IIRC.

Missed opportunity with all the eyes on aquaman its the biggest blockbuster until captain marvel comes out ironically.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
What the actual fuck

My gf just returned from a business trip in China and she tells me she already saw fishman

Top 10 anime betrayals

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
1544794577427.jpg

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
According to Twitter Snyder and Nolan get shout outs in the Spiderverse credits.

Greatness recognises greatness.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Armie Hammer talking about Batman in George Miller's Justice League,

I wanted this Batman character to be so dark. I was like look, no one – and this was George's idea as well, this was really in the script – but no one ever really shows how truly psychotic this man has to be. Like this is a guy who chooses to put on a costume, in all black, and sneak around at night and beat the shit out of people.

In our story, the Batman was the true personification of this guy. Bruce Wayne was the mask. So even in times when he would be sitting around, like let's say he had his Batsuit off and all that, he would be sitting down with the thing, looking at the thing with the cowl on, because that's where he felt the most comfortable in his own weird, twisted way. He was a neurotic, like borderline schizophrenic dude who didn't trust a single person, including anyone in the Justice League, and had all the dirt on every single one of them, and was ready to take all of them down at the snap of a finger. It was dark.

D2Oh6f6.gif

DUrEsBn.gif

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, why do we even still care about it?

We like what we like. Suicide Squad had 27% and it had legs for days.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, why do we even still care about it?

We like what we like. Suicide Squad had 27% and it had legs for days.

Exactly. At this point no one is even talking about the RT score. Not even in the thread. The movie will probably do well and justify a sequel.

If anyone is tracking to see if the RT score goes below 70 just to post it in that thread it just shows how invested some people get in that nonsense.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Exactly. At this point no one is even talking about the RT score. Not even in the thread. The movie will probably do well and justify a sequel.

If anyone is tracking to see if the RT score goes below 70 just to post it in that thread it just shows how invested some people get in that nonsense.
In th review thread someone is saying that parents are more likely to take their child to see into the spiderverse over aquaman because of the rt score lol

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE this.

But in the modern age of CBMs the general audience would probably hate it.
Not just modern. I just don't like the whole, "let's take a comic superhero from a fictional universe and see what he would be like in the real world." News flash, EVERY superhero would seem like a psychopath in the real world.

I don't know. I mean, I get that there's a place for every type of story, but it's certainly not my thing.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect WB is going to do overseas releases first now with these films and save the US for last. Get as much as they can from audiences internationally, let them build the buzz and word of mouth. That way when critics get their chance they have a harder time or have no impact on how the film potentially does in the US.

That said I'm going to miss tonight. Did a lot of driving today to try and do more shopping with family. That on top of traveling an hour each way to the theater where Aquaman is showing. I won't be getting home until around or after 11pm tonight. Nope. Glad I was able to cancel my ticket though. Going to try for Thursday after work when it finally releases along with the Saturday showing.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just seen it. I liked it and was great watching it at the imax. Black Manta looked great and was total badazz.

The jokes were lame. Didn't get any laughs at all in the viewing I went too. Not great but certainly not a disaster of a film.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Aquaman is legit.

They crammed a lot in here, as a result they didn't get to focus on some cool stuff as much as they could have.

But PHEW this film is a stunner. There are some great shots here.

The final third is intense. My father and brother loved the trench sequence.

Off first viewing it may be my favourite DCEU film to date. Need to rewatch it as soon as I can.

It starts off as your standard CBM, becomes an Indiana Jones film for a bit, there's a bit of Jurassic Park here and it ends as a LoTR movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.