• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I really want to catch Spiderverse a third time in theatres. Definitely deserves best animated picture.

If ever there is to be an actor to win an Oscar for a CBM performance, it will be Phoenix.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
giphy.gif

No superhero film is winning anything outside of Best Costume, Visual Effects, or something Sound related. Dark Knight pulled a Best Supporting on the power of Ledger's death, his performance, and Nolan being a serious director with clout.

Black Panther being up for anything near Best Picture is based on A) everyone knowing what Black Panther is and B) Disney campaigning hard for it. The Dark Knight was the last time a studio made such a huge push for a Best Picture nom. Dark Knight didn't even get the nomination. BP could get the nom the way the Golden Globe went, but no way it wins. The nomination itself would be a huge breakthrough for genre films.

Birds of Prey likely won't be a visual effects showcase like Aquaman. So you're left with Film Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Production Design, Makeup and Hair, Costume Design, Original Score.

Good times are here, but y'all need to calm down.
You're bad at hot takes. Birds of Prey is going to win an Oscar. Doesn't matter where.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean he has a talent for high budget action, who's gonna give him that except mission impossible or fast and the furious.

He seems to like practical effects and stunts and with the big budget heroes your gonna have to use loads of CG. Oh well, I really do hope they get another Superman movie going soon.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he has a talent for high budget action, who's gonna give him that except mission impossible or fast and the furious.

He seems to like practical effects and stunts and with the big budget heroes your gonna have to use loads of CG. Oh well, I really do hope they get another Superman movie going soon.

Not necessarily. TDK trilogy was mostly practical. Practical effects is definitely possible for a big budget superhero movie.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Fine. I'll direct the next Superman. It'll be in my filmed in the local park with whomever is willing to play him for $7, some chapstick, Trident gum, and a receipt for the chewing gum and chapstick. We'll do it Dogme 95 style. All the flying scenes will be the actor on the swing set, assuming he has the core strength to maintain a firm body as I push their legs. It's gonna be great. Mister Mxyzptlk is gonna be grounded and realistic: a narcotics dealers selling Special M around the Fifth Dimension club in Hob's Bay. Jimmy Olsen is gonna save the day by tossing a molitov cocktail into the building and yelling "taste my heat vision!"

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping for J.A. Bayona. He was mentioned in a tweet as having seen Ready Player One with Patty Jenkins some time ago and that has been the sole basis for me believing, somehow, that his next project will be something DC or even WB-related.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Totally "real" DC leaks from Reddit, but I'm bored so have some fun anyway

• The majority of characters from the first Suicide Squad film won't return.
  • Right now it appears that only Deadshot and Captain Boomerang will 100% return.
  • Harley Quinn won't return. She will have her own arc of films with Birds of Prey, Joker & Harley and a future film with Poison Ivy.
  • Harley Quinn could return for a third Suicide Squad film.
  • It seems that Rick Flagg left the Suicide Squad to live a peaceful life with June Moon.
  • Characters that have been discussed for Suicide Squad 2 are King Shark, Manchester Black, Bane, Killer Frost and Black Spider.
  • Matt Reeves has plans for Catwoman.
  • The Batman will take place around 12-15 years before Man of Steel.
  • The script has Batman in costume for the majority of the film.
  • They want Batman have a leaner and less bulky physique compared to Batman v. Superman.
  • The script focuses on Batman's detective skills but rewrites were made to also focus on his fighting skills.
  • They want an actor that could be both a younger and older Batman.
  • Black Adam director should be announced soon.
  • Henry Cavill and WB did resume contract negotations at the end of 2018.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zero chance of the SS one happening. Harley definitely I can see but no way are they dropping all the others. lol. Obviously they;'ll add new characters too.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
My SS2 team would be Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang, Katana, King Shark (replaces Croc for the muscle), Killer Frost (flip of El Diablo and gives them another meta with elemental powers), Flag, and someone that can die with no one caring.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deadshot should replace Flag as the leader of the group. Makes sense in the story and he was the best in it besides margot. Harley doesn't need them and the rest are easily replaceable but I'd like Boomerang to return... He was good in the role imo. I'd like Clayface in there as the muscle. Also Captain Cold and Heat Wave and maybe we could get a little Flash story in there too.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda liked Flagg, his relationship with chicken legs, and broship with Deadshot.

Originally I expected him to die midway through and for Deadshot to take command. That can always happen in Suicide Squad 2: Down the Road.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Next MoS should be Superman vs the Elite and it could be a great counter balance to MoS

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I updated the OP again with Joker bits :P
Should I start removing stuff? Aquaman? and list it under previous films?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Harley not being in SS2 if she is doing BoP. Also lol at them bring back the only 2 people who worked and livedoutside of Harley. (RIP Rope Guy)

I kinda liked Flagg, his relationship with chicken legs, and broship with Deadshot.

Originally I expected him to die midway through and for Deadshot to take command. That can always happen in Suicide Squad 2: Down the Road.

Who did it better Flagg with the chicken leg or Venom with the lobster?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I could see Harley not being in SS2 if she is doing BoP. Also lol at them bring back the only 2 people who worked and livedoutside of Harley. (RIP Rope Guy)

Who did it better Flagg with the chicken leg or Venom with the lobster?

I believe we've been over this: Venom, hands down.

I'm 100% convinced the scene was written when Hardy was gonna be Flagg. Suicide Squad would've had two Oscars if it had Hardy eating that chicken. Probably would've landed an R rating.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why people shit so much on Aquaman, it wasn't Avant Garde by any means or didn't change my life in any way, but it was an entertaining 2 hour movie that actually made me excited to watch future DC movies like I do with Marvel at times.

It was my first DC movie though, and I feel that I will hate the older DCEU movies

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know why people shit so much on Aquaman, it wasn't Avant Garde by any means or didn't change my life in any way, but it was an entertaining 2 hour movie that actually made me excited to watch future DC movies like I do with Marvel at times.

It was my first DC movie though, and I feel that I will hate the older DCEU movies
Every movie is different.

Man of Steel is a Sci Fi origin for Superman
Batman vs Superman is a dark take on their relationship
Wonder Woman is a war movie
Suicide Squad is a field trip with a bunch of anti heroes
Justice League is... what is Justice League exactly ?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Every movie is different.

Man of Steel is a Sci Fi origin for Superman
Batman vs Superman is a dark take on their relationship
Wonder Woman is a war movie
Suicide Squad is a field trip with a bunch of anti heroes
Justice League is... what is Justice League exactly ?
That's what I find really interesting about the the films. One can really look at them as different genre films that happen to have super heroes in them instead of them being an outright superhero film. I think JL might be the only film that is like that. That might be why it feels like the weakest or is the film that lacks a stronger identity. Man of Steel being Superman's origin as told through the lens of an alien invasion story is something I always thought was great. I always found it weird that people tried to lean away from the crazy scifi nature of Superman. He feels in element when you just embrace that.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
We went from pure cape kino to some brain dead schlock. I don't know what justice league is but as a continuation of BvS and MoS it lacks all the soul.

It's deader than zod after the snap.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
that shazam trailer picked its moment perfectly , after the box office success of aquaman and the trailers of captain marvel and spiderman releasing

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
We went from pure cape kino to some brain dead schlock. I don't know what justice league is but as a continuation of BvS and MoS it lacks all the soul.

It's deader than zod after the snap.
"You're not brave."

"Men are brave."

That delivery. That camera pan. That motif of Batman's theme. Pure kino.

I wonder how they kept the lens dry though. That shit was soaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.