• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding passing on DC projects
and yes the person he's replying to is terrible

WHGi867.jpg

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
digital was Tues (and it's pretty good)

Physical is in 2 weeks/29th (also when it will debut on DC Universe)

Neat. I was wondering when it'd hit the app. I don't know what YouTube video I watched earlier that was recommending me clips of the final fight and such.

Regarding passing on DC projects
and yes the person he's replying to is terrible

WHGi867.jpg

Post credits scene of MI7 will be Angela Basset saying "my friends call me AMANDA WALLER AKA THE WALL." and then she gives Ethan a new identity: Hal Jordan, and says the real Hal died in a pool. and then the MI8 logo transforms into Green Lantern Corps, Final Fantasy Versus style. and then in the post post credits scene, we see a portal open and Affleck and Bale jump out. and then Goku jumps out after them. Bale turns to the camera and says "there's no time! Godzilla is almost here."

It'll be epic

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
You guys seeing these rumors of a Birds of Prey vs Gotham City Sirens movie?

My dream movie line-up:
Birds of Prey
Batgirl
Gotham City Sirens
BoP vs GCS

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't care less about a Gotham centric DCEU and I don't believe that's the direction they're going to follow.
Aquaman, Shazam, WW, are exploring other ideas, there's Green Lantern and New Gods also coming

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
You guys seeing these rumors of a Birds of Prey vs Gotham City Sirens movie?

My dream movie line-up:
Birds of Prey
Batgirl
Gotham City Sirens
BoP vs GCS
post em!

EDIT - Never mind, I mis-read your text. Didn't catch the "vs" and thought you meant there were rumors about both movies. Now I see that the rumor is after BoP, they'll do GCS, then a BoP vs GCS movie.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...-the-latest-batman-movie-rumors/#640a89a43628

As Aquaman continues its record-setting run at the box office, attention has started turning toward the status of Warner Bros.' other superhero properties. Shazam! opens on April 5, just 11 weeks from this Friday, and the standalone Joker movie hits theaters October 4. The eagerly awaited super-sequel Wonder Woman 1984 has seen its release date shifted twice, originally penciled in for December of this year before moving up to November, only to wind up pushed back to June 5, 2020. And Birds of Prey is slated for a February 7, 2020 release. As future plans for DC movies continue to evolve while decisions are made and projects clarified, all eyes are on Batman's fate, with multiple rumors spreading online and fans impatiently awaiting an update. So here is what I can tell you about some of the rumors and the situation with Matt Reeves' Batman film project...

Click to read the rest.

EDIT - Don't bother unless you're bored. I posted this before I read the whole article. He just talks a whole lot and gives out no new information.

Last edited:

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/podcast/fire-water-223/
This is a pretty interesting listen around the 1 hour mark with a guy who runs test screenings for WB. He talks about the JL screenings like Whedons involvement and also talks about the aquaman screenings says there wasn't allot of humor in the original script/early screening. WB changed that because they wanted Jason to be more like Iron Man apparently. Also James Wan didn't really feel Black Manta should've been in the film but Geoff John's was adamant about keeping him. Who knows how much of this is true

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...-the-latest-batman-movie-rumors/#640a89a43628

Click to read the rest.

EDIT - Don't bother unless you're bored. I posted this before I read the whole article. He just talks a whole lot and gives out no new information.
Lmfao all of these words to say nothing at all

This is how I would write my essays in high school

This is a pretty interesting listen around the 1 hour mark with a guy who runs test screenings for WB. He talks about the JL screenings like Whedons involvement and also talks about the aquaman screenings says there wasn't allot of humor in the original script/early screening. WB changed that because they wanted Jason to be more like Iron Man apparently. Also James Wan didn't really feel Black Manta should've been in the film but Geoff John's was adamant about keeping him. Who knows how much of this is true
Damn he straight up says Whedon ruined JL lol

He also confirmed Snyder's original six film plan. I wish he would have gone further into BvS production issues that he briefly brought up

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Christ, what fucking sound system to these guys have? This sounds like dogshit. Can't listen to this.

EDIT - Oh, it was just that one guys mic facing the wrong way... The audio of the meat of the conversation sounds good and is really informative. Damn, I wish they would've kept with Zack's vision. Fuck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the person who said Wan was hesitant on including Manta, but Johns insisted? and the humor stuff came from WB?

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Thanks for posting this.

It's good hearing some internal things that was not aware of.

Plus woo, someone else confirms the cyborg vision I mentioned
No problem. I just feel like there's allot of stuff we still don't know about. Do you have any other tidbits to share ultracal? I know you worked on the movie and I appreciated the summary you put out when JL released

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Christ, what fucking sound system to these guys have? This sounds like dogshit. Can't listen to this.

EDIT - Oh, it was just that one guys mic facing the wrong way... The audio of the meat of the conversation sounds good and is really informative. Damn, I wish they would've kept with Zack's vision. Fuck.
There's no way what zack filmed could've been worse than what we got. It all sounds so much better

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Lmfao all of these words to say nothing at all

This is how I would write my essays in high school

Damn he straight up says Whedon ruined JL lol

He also confirmed Snyder's original six film plan. I wish he would have gone further into BvS production issues that he briefly brought up
Funny thing is I guess he was an actor on buffy lol. I really wonder if the timing was an issue but seriously his additions in the film are just baffling. Maybe someday we'll hear about them

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
No problem. I just feel like there's allot of stuff we still don't know about. Do you have any other tidbits to share ultracal? I know you worked on the movie and I appreciated the summary you put out when JL released

Not much else to be honest, the marketing guy mentioned how they knew in the summer time they had a hit in Aquaman and internally I can say that feeling was in the air around that time.

Some reshoots but I am guessing it was the "iron man up Jason" part is coming from as the movies structure (act 1, act 2 and act 3) was the same when we first had it

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Not much else to be honest, the marketing guy mentioned how they knew in the summer time they had a hit in Aquaman and internally I can say that feeling was in the air around that time.

Some reshoots but I am guessing it was the "iron man up Jason" part is coming from as the movies structure (act 1, act 2 and act 3) was the same when we first had it
Thanks for the response. Oh wow so you worked on Aquaman as well? That's awesome.
If I'm reading the last part of your comment correctly you're saying that the reshoots added the humor? that's dumb. It seems like reshoots for all the dc movies have been unnecessary. Also I'm not a big fan of Geoff John's having all this power. The guys a great comic book writer but clearly some of his film decisions aren't the best. He shouldn't have creative power over a filmmaker like James Wan

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
lmao, that dude literally says he loves Joss Whedon but that he ruined Justice League. As if it wasn't obvious.

He also said Snyder wanted all the heroes to have their own individual movies first, but WB was forcing them to rush to Justice League asap

Also, makes Geoff Johns sounds like an idiot, unsurprisingly, vs Wan regards to Black Manta.

Last edited:

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm reading the last part of your comment correctly you're saying that the reshoots added the humor? that's dumb. It seems like reshoots for all the dc movies have been unnecessary

Hard to say exactly what we added in the reshoots as I didn't notice much of the differences in the movie unlike say...venom where the reshoots "saved" that movie when I thought that was a piece of shit

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Did the reshoots added the Eddie Venom romcom angle? Was it true that Hardy was directing those?

The original version had more of the romcom and less venom as the SWAT was a reshoot entirely

This scene was suppose to be like the dawn of morning but color graded to look like night time as a result of changes:

It's why the follow up scene with the lab (and....riot?) is brightly lit as it's suppose to be the morning

Lol so the original dark version of venom was really bad?

The original test footage we had looked like a nickelback music video

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
lmao, that dude literally says he loves Joss Whedon but that he ruined Justice League. As if it wasn't obvious.

He also said Snyder wanted all the heroes to have their own individual movies first, but WB was forcing them to rush to Justice League asap

Also, makes Geoff Johns sounds like an idiot, unsurprisingly, vs Wan regards to Black Manta.
I really don't like John's. Seems like the dude thinks he's always right and if someone else has a different opinion they're automatically wrong.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
The original version had more of the romcom and less venom as the SWAT was a reshoot entirely

This scene was suppose to be like the dawn of morning but color graded to look like night time as a result of changes:

It's why the follow up scene with the lab (and....riot?) is brightly lit as it's suppose to be the morning

Lol that's hilarious. So was the director at fault for this? Wouldn't of Hardy realized it was bad when they filmed initially? The script probably wasn't very good to start. That's why I feel they should take their time with the sequel and hire good writers

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State

I liked the romcom angle :(
Wow, it's incredible how much is being altered in post with these films.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
I mean, yeah was obvious from the start, but still incredible at the mental gymnastics required to think he "saved" that movie considering what was put on screen and what wasn't
There was no way his brand of filmmaking could have saved the film. That's why many peeps are still feeling cheated the Snyder couldn't complete his vision. At the end of the day, WB got a shoddy filmmaker to perform a hachet job in order to secure the bonus of their executives.

newgameplus

Oct 26, 2017
I think Johns was probably right in regards to Black Manta? The earliest and most continuous hype I saw for the movie was people excited for Manta. Aquaman needed a billion dollars more than it needed to be perfect. I'm skeptical that changing anything would have lead to a better outcome than reality.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
On one hand, Manta was dope. On the other, "Black Manta" could've been taken out of the movie, and only suited up in post credits, and it wouldn't have hurt the thrust of the story. It's not unlike Wonder Woman in BvS or Spider-Man in Civil War, and various other examples, but w/e. I'm glad we got what we got. Put it all on the table.

As been said, it's why it's always weird when people act like Snyder was the lone captain of the DCEU ship. Dudes online have a complex about him and it feeds them to use him as the scapegoat for everything that went wrong, in spite of pesky things like reality and facts.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Manta seriously could've been in a sequel. Agreed just a post credit scene of him suiting up would have flowed better.

Status
Not open for further replies.