• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The Batman finally has momentum and is shooting this year, the DCEU is no longer a mess.

The sooner they can officially boot Ezra and Cavill the better, even though I desperately wanted MoS2.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Elgort has way too much of a baby-face for me to ever take him seriously as Batman.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Who's making the Shazam OT?

With the embargo up soon and some of us seeing the movie this weekend, we'll be needing one soon.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I don't know why people have to be so stubborn. It's "transitioning" out of a mess. It's not done transitioning and is still a bit of a mess. That's a fact. Nobody is saying it's some shit show and won't recover, Jesus. It's not self deprecation, its more like self awareness. I doubt there are any of us in here who aren't hopeful overall (except maybe badass).
Pretty much my thoughts. They're doing a good job so far of climbing out of the hole they were in, but there's still climbing left to do

Shazam looks like another good effort

It takes a while to regain trust. No shame in that, just keep going with what's finally starting to work

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people have to be so stubborn. It's "transitioning" out of a mess. It's not done transitioning and is still a bit of a mess. That's a fact. Nobody is saying it's some shit show and won't recover, Jesus. It's not self deprecation, its more like self awareness. I doubt there are any of us in here who aren't hopeful overall (except maybe badass).
I liked the 'mess' it was before better than the bonafide mess it is now. Before, the DCEU at least had a vision. One of more ambition than overreacting from film to film, course-correcting its way into an MCU clone the more it goes along. The only thing they needed to transition from and make a total bastard of was Justice League. Everything before that was worth preserving.

The cast was perfection. If there's one thing they should've fought to keep, it was this. I'd feel a lot better if Affleck, Irons, Cavill, Leto, and Will Smith were still dedicated to their roles. Rayborg was cool too, another good actor going to waste out of mismanagement... The thought of recasting so many key characters really is nothing short of a mess. I want more Big Willie Deadshot. I want more Cavill since he's the best damn Superman you're going to get. I wanted to see Batfleck and his Alfred up against Leto's Joker more than anything (more in tone to BvS than SS.) After the unadulterated cape kino i'd seen in the Bat portions of BvS, resetting to some new babyface in the cowl just isn't going to cut it for me now. It's going to take A LOT, Reeves...

I hope Ezra gets to do his Flash.... And for the love of god, court Gareth Evans to do Deathstroke. That's a pitch Snyder probably would've jumped on and gotten us had he still been running things. Instead we're dicking around with James Gunn trying to make another GOTG.

Oh, and press F to pay respects to our old friend guek.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I liked the 'mess' it was before better than the bonafide mess it is now. Before, the DCEU at least had a vision. One of more ambition than overreacting from film to film, course-correcting its way into an MCU clone the more it goes along. The only thing they needed to transition from and make a total bastard of was Justice League. Everything before that was worth preserving.

The DCEU was always and constantly reacting to the MCU before this. Whatever Marvel did they had to do the opposite, to the point of being spitefully contrarian - source material, be damned. Ironically Snyder's Darkseid storyline looked like it was copying the Infinite Saga, building up to Thanos Darkseid lol I don't get why DC fans complain about copying the MCU when the two universes have a large history of copying each other in comics, which in turn is reflected in their productions in there media. Watch Justice League/Unlimited then Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, basically the same show. Netflix Daredevil was a more grounded Arrow.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Armie hammer did a interview with Fallon and said nobody at WB asked him to be Batman but he would if they did.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, what ambition? As far as I am concerned, these movies were just copies of mediocre material.
Probably the best way to notice the loss of ambition is to look at what BvS was going for, and then watch the cookie-cutter garbage that was Justice League. If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you.

In terms of ambition... For now and the foreseeable future, we're settling closer to Justice League than we ever will be to BvS.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man of steel and Batman V Superman absolutely were ambitious. You'll not see anything that goes hard with the cape kino at those budgets again.

The last thing I wanted was everything to feel safe and formulaic, that's how you end up with your average MCU flick that's just average and inoffensive.

Last edited:

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man of steel and Batman V Superman absolutely we're ambitious. You'll not see anything that goes hard with the cape kino at those budgets again.

The last thing I wanted was everything to feel safe and formulaic, that's how you end up with your average MCU flick that's just average and inoffensive.
Exactly.

To be honest, i'm getting close to being as disinterested in the DCEU as I am to the MCU. I didn't go see Aquaman (happy for Momoa though), and I won't see Shazam either. The only movie in the works that has my interest at the moment is Birds of Prey.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the ambition just as much as you guys. BUT, if they aren't going to do that, I'm glad that they are at least making decent "marvel clones" over nothing or something shittier. I mainly just want to see these awesome characters on the big screen. Would I like some capekino? Sure. Am I happy enough with where we're headed? I think so

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

The cast was perfection. If there's one thing they should've fought to keep, it was this. I'd feel a lot better if Affleck, Irons, Cavill, Leto, and Will Smith were still dedicated to their roles. Rayborg was cool too, another good actor going to waste out of mismanagement... The thought of recasting so many key characters really is nothing short of a mess. I want more Big Willie Deadshot. I want more Cavill since he's the best damn Superman you're going to get. I wanted to see Batfleck and his Alfred up against Leto's Joker more than anything (more in tone to BvS than SS.) After the unadulterated cape kino i'd seen in the Bat portions of BvS, resetting to some new babyface in the cowl just isn't going to cut it for me now. It's going to take A LOT, Reeves...

I hope Ezra gets to do his Flash.... And for the love of god, court Gareth Evans to do Deathstroke. That's a pitch Snyder probably would've jumped on and gotten us had he still been running things. Instead we're dicking around with James Gunn trying to make another GOTG.

Oh, and press F to pay respects to our old friend guek.
DCEU Era OTA 2 We demand to be taken seriously

See! Perfect name change.

Oct 25, 2017
See! Perfect name change.

Timed to perfection. Hell, shop Badass' avatar onto Arnett's face and you've got the banner.

eipugIu.jpg

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly.

To be honest, i'm getting close to being as disinterested in the DCEU as I am to the MCU. I didn't go see Aquaman (happy for Momoa though), and I won't see Shazam either. The only movie in the works that has my interest at the moment is Birds of Prey.

But shazam is amazing. While i haven't watched all of the mcu. I wouldn't call it an MCU formula.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I've got my tickets for the french premiere of Shazam, it's not on the 23, but it's the 26. So pumped.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Update no one cares for

But the original actor of Shazam was just replaced and he isn't nearly as good, IMO as the original dude.
The original guy had an air about him.
ALAS

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The best way I can describe it is a live-action animated series a decade too early and too late?

Like it's cute and different, but it's one of those every episode has a moral type shows, which is strange. And hardly really ever need the Captain for.
Got it, captain marvel has to take on bad guys as situations created because the tech and Budget were not there for super hero shows yet. Also morals because after school specials lol.

This is why it's not a "mess" in the real sense y'all, a billion off of aquaman and a movie that's getting critical acclaim. From an outside perspective Superman and flash are what we want but it's not needed right now to rebuild the verse.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hate the whole "mess" talk, but imagine the only way the universe is a mess to an outside force is just how... uneven the release schedule is

A year between Justice League and Aquaman, then just 4 months between Aquaman and Shazam, but we won't see another "in-universe" movie until next Feb (10 months lateR)

And release windows?

We've had March, April, June, August and December now. And only 7 movies!

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
So the two movies John's and Berg were in charge of greenlighting have turned out to be very successful. Maybe they should've never removed them from running DC films?

Status
Not open for further replies.