• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
If they are going to replace that many people just reboot the whole thing. Or Flashpoint it or something. I'm the weird one who can't see past it. That was 30% of my problem with Superman Returns. The other 70% being it was just a terrible movie.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Reeves' Batman set in the past has some leeway to that end. We'll see. We're talking a movie likely set 15 years in the past, with characters who age. Then keep the current group for the modern day stuff. Worked for X-Men.

tbh I don't want them to worry too much about making the pieces fit. Let Reeves make the best Batman movie he can. If the timeline is messy, whatever. It's the type of things pedantic folk will argue about.

Assuming Aquaman will be a BO hit.

True. At least Black Manta is in this movie and he doesn't first suit up in the post credits scene or w/e.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
If they are going to replace that many people just reboot the whole thing. Or Flashpoint it or something. I'm the weird one who can't see past it. That was 30% of my problem with Superman Returns. The other 70% being it was just a terrible movie.
I am 100% with you. I fucking hate recasting in the middle of a series. If you're gonna lose Ben, Irons, and Simmons, then just fuck my shit up and have the Flash merge another Earth into the main line DCEU.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. If this many are being recast, it should've been rebooted.

Aug 28, 2018
it would be incredibly uncreative since he already basically played that character on The Crown, but Pip Torrens would be an AMAZING Alfred.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Early tracking out for the Fishboy

https://deadline.com/2018/11/aquama...-christmas-box-office-projections-1202510967/

Aquaman in its five day run from Friday to Christmas Tuesday is expected to bring in between $60M-$70M. Before anyone can scream that's lower than Justice League ($111.9M first five-days), many rival distribs expect this $160M production to leg the holiday out. We're hearing that in regards to the paid tickets for the Dec. 15 Amazon Prime preview of the James Wan-directed movie at major cinema circuits, 65%-70% have already been sold. Also working in this film's favor compared to other DC movies is the fact that Wan brings his Conjuring fanbase. Before the arrival of Disney's Star Wars movies over the last three Christmas, Warner Bros. held the top December opening record with 2012's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey at $84.6M. Aquaman is solid across the board for men and women in unaided awareness, though the latter category with a number around 30 is close to where Captain America: Winter Soldier was ($95M three-day opening).

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
$160M budget for Aquaman is surprising. I don't think it'll blow up like Wonder Woman, Black Panther, or even Deadpool did. I can see it being comparable to something like Doctor Strange's numbers and sufficiently successful.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that $160M number at all. Most of the film looks to be done in front a green screen or VFX entirely. Also, that kind of money across five days seems really week.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Jaime Reyes 'Blue Beetle' Latino Superhero Movie in Development at DC and Warner Bros (Exclusive)
DC and Warner Bros. are developing their first Latino superhero movie about Jaime Reyes, aka the "Blue Beetle," individuals with knowledge of the project exclusively tells TheWrap.

Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal's "Scarface," has been tapped to write the screenplay. Dunnet-Alocer also wrote the upcoming "Miss Bala" remake for Sony.

Zev Foreman is executive producing for Warner Bros.
https://www.thewrap.com/jaime-reyes-blue-beetle-latino-superhero/

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Well, a Blue Beetle movie is bound to look better than this

Or this:
latest

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Nice!

How realistic is 2021 as a release for Blue Beatle.

I'm guessing that year would give us The Batman, Blue Beatle and SS2.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean anything is possible

If wanted could have the movie out next Fall!
I just want it to be good. My ideal story for a movie would be a not so subtle analogy for the current state of xenophobia in the world, having Lex as President against literal aliens and having his agenda promoted by xenophobic internet talking heads (ala Shapiro, Alex Jones) represented by a G. Gordon Godfrey character. Now I doubt we'll get anything that ballsy ... but I hope they touch on something deep or at least come close to what Black Panther did, as opposed to something generic. Also, who the heck will direct this? I legitimately can't think of any candidates that pop up as right for the job.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I can see Beetle getting another up and comer like Shazam and BoP. That seems to be the direction WB is going with these movies. So I would expect whoever gets Beetle, it won't be someone most of us know.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I can see Beetle getting another up and comer like Shazam and BoP. That seems to be the direction WB is going with these movies. So I would expect whoever gets Beetle, it won't be someone most of us know.

It's entirely possible. Then again I could see WB try and lure a Latino filmmaker onto this and Robert Rodriguez could be a good fit for the project. Yes, I know that's a lazy choice but if they want someone with lots of VFX experience coming off Alita who is also a minority himself I could see it.

Warners and Rodriguez have a good relationship too, if memory serves, as he was attached to Jonny Quest among other projects at the studio over the last couple of years.

Beyond that there's Miguel Arteta who has been working in the studio system for years and some Latino talent behind animated films but I'm not sure any of them are ready to make the job to a live action studio feature. Needless to say I don't see Del Toro or Cuaron taking on a gig like this.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Aquaman got a very spoilery trailer for China. Gonna drop it in a box, as even the thumbnail is

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not being funny when I say it's crazy spoilery. What's shown is dope. But boy, they don't care about spoiling huge moments at all lol

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck that was an excellent trailer though. This movie looks to be the most comic booky movie ever

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I like the little snippet we get.

I hope all the movies get origina/coverl songs. "To Be Human" and the cover of "Everybody Knows" were dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.