• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
tbh cutting Babs and Onyx makes sense for BoP to keep from juggling too many characters, especially when Babs' role wouldn't have been a significant member of the BoP.

Kristen Stewart-ish actor, though? What's that even mean?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
https://deadline.com/2018/11/spider...face-of-old-hollywood-perceptions-1202485612/

Hmm. The article gets a couple things incorrect, so could be confusing a Zatanna movie movement with renewed movement for JLD, where she was ostensibly the Harley Quinn to that movie's Suicide Squad.
Jesus...Batman and Superman are being treated like DC's ugly step children and no one wants anything to do with them.
How the hell it all end up this way? Truly the worst timeline ever.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
DC has spent the last several decades acting like Batman and Superman are the only characters who matter.

We're long overdue for this current wave of using other DC properties, far as I'm concerned.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
DC has spent the last several decades acting like Batman and Superman are the only characters who matter.

We're long overdue for this current wave of using other DC properties, far as I'm concerned.

Marvel only hit its stride when it couldn't use Spider-Man and the X-Men.

DC has a ton of magic to work with, especially if WB wants to target specific demos.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any DC properties that WB isnt working on lol? Zatana would be awesome though. If they do do it, I hope they can do Justice League Dark after, it would be the perfect movie to set that all up if they wanted to.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I mean I've been a massive Batman fan since I was 4. But he's gotten his time. Let some of the others have a chance. Who would have thought I'd be hyped for a Aquaman movie?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised there's no thread in the OT for the Zatanna movie news.

Hopefully it spins off into JLD and they bring out Del Toro's script.

The ending scene of the recent animated movie would be a great way to end a live action JLD movie. Batman tagging along for everything was hilarious.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
There's nothing to talk about re: Zatanna. It was just offhandedly mentioned in an article about female superheroes.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Aquaman being its own thing
WW2 set in 1984
No Superman cameo in Shazam
Flash in limbo
Likely a younger Batman cast
Ledger likely gone

It's not looking good, Snake.

Aquaman, Shazam, SS and WW are still in the same Universe though. That's what I mean, they can be stand alone movies but I hope they don't move away from sharing the universe. So once they all have had their own movies we can start getting proper JL movies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they're probably gonna retcon so much shit it might as well be a reboot starting with WW84. Aquaman is standalone so could work either way. Shazam won't have Henry lol

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Aquaman is getting a good push here in the UK.

I've seen the ad played in the half time break, and before and after, every football game i've watched on TV lately.

That final trailer theme is good, its very good. Hope there's a way for it to stick as Aquaman's theme.

I'd love for all of the DC heroes to have their own distinct themes.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DCEU is in bad shape, we've heard nothing concrete about an over plan and they just keeping jumping on bandwagons.

Batman and Superman are dead in the water
Flash is being delayed for a stupid Harry Potter movie
Suicide Squad which was the biggest win for the universe still hasn't gotten a sequel.
No Superman in Shazam
No Barbra Gordan in Birds of Prey
Nightwing is dead
Wasting money on a lame AU Joker movie

There has been no doubling down on what actually worked in Justice League

As someone who's optimistic I'm general at this point I wish Snyder was back.

At least the arrowverse is worth watching

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
DCEU is in bad shape, we've heard nothing concrete about an over plan and they just keeping jumping on bandwagons.

Suicide Squad which was the biggest win for the universe still hasn't gotten a sequel.
No Superman in Shazam
Nightwing is dead

This obsession with needing to know THE PLAN is confusing to me. Why does it matter, ultimately? Especially in a world where everything they do announce gets shit on.

The fact is the critical and audience reception to the current crop of DC films forced WB back to the drawing board. Whatever plan they had is likely dead and all these "announcements" we're getting are the result of Hamada and crew course correcting based on what is working for DC in other media. That said, there are four movies still set in this universe coming out over the next two years, and another five (New Gods, SS2, Supergirl, Batgirl, Blue Beetle) were announced to be in early development this year. Keyword being "early" as in shit ain't greenlit yet. Give it some time.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

No Superman in Shazam
Nightwing is dead

Sorry man, this just ain't right. DCEU isn't in great shape but these are not the reasons why. It doesn't have to be a Marvel type setup. They don't need a huge plan with a story build up.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Some of these projects are not much different than Kevin Feige offhand mentioning plans for Kamala Khan, and I get why there's a greater confidence in the efficiency of Marvel Studios, but this panicking is odd. For one, a hypothetical Zatanna movie isn't taking away a nonexistent Superman movie.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I can see where the frustration is coming from when there is like only one dceu movie each year.
This right here is my #1 issue with their plan. I realize it's due to having the setbacks of the past 3 years, but god damn. 13 months between JL and Aquaman. 4 months between Aquaman and Shazam, then 9 months between that and BoP. Starting with BoP, we should be getting 3 a movies a year. They need something for the fall of 2020, which I hope is Batman.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm more frustrated with the lack of anything tangible after Aquaman. WB only has WW and Joker filming and that seems like it'll be awhile before we see anything. Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he had movies coming down the pipeline and he put in the work to make them happen in a timely manner. Shit we could have had JL2 and Flash if WB hadn't gotten greedy.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Shit is prolly gonna start filming in 2019. Birds of Prey is starting real soon too. I'm glad for the disarray tbh. Mcu has their well oiled machine and fans of that are satisfied with it.

Why does this have to have the exact same God damn roadmap as that. Its tiring just thinking about it.

Superman is dead in the water it seems like. But in the case of Batman they got a great director and finally have the foresight to give him time to develop it. The frustration on that end is just the rumor mill because nobody knows if Affleck is staying or not

And as for suicide squad 2. Somehow that movie got a huge upgrade with Gunn replacing ayer

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Let Batman and Superman chill until, the latter until WB can figure out how to really do it right.

I'm cool with the current roadmap. WW missing next year is a frustration but in the space of 12 month's we'll have Aquaman, Shazam and Joker (and the Kitchen).

This will be quickly followed by BoP and WW84 in the space of a few months. Hopefully something is in the work for late 2020 (Blue beatle or SS2 I can see fitting in here).

2021 I can see The Batman, Flash (hopefully), one of SS2 or Blue Beatle.

Depending on the reception of BoP and Shazam, we could see Batgirl and Black Adam pushed as a priority.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm more frustrated with the lack of anything tangible after Aquaman. WB only has WW and Joker filming and that seems like it'll be awhile before we see anything. Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he had movies coming down the pipeline and he put in the work to make them happen in a timely manner. Shit we could have had JL2 and Flash if WB hadn't gotten greedy.
Birds of Prey films in Jan

How long do you think it takes to film a movie?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
For a point of comparison, we got the earliest word on Birds of Prey on 2016.

Y'all gonna have to wait. lol

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

No Superman in Shazam
Nightwing is dead

At least Titans is good and we have Arrowverse.

Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.