• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017

He's not wrong.

Marvel vs DC used to be some shit we talked about on the playground and was mostly stuff like "Wonder Woman could totally beat Storm in a fight!" Now people are taking this stuff entirely too seriously.

When you have so many people openly rooting for these films to fail, you can't help but feel we've lost the plot.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Generally speaking, fanatics are kinda just insecure assholes who found something to channel their ugliness into. I don't think these things are specifically about Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Nintendo, Sony, or whatever. They're all whatever these people used to fill that hole in their lives.

The people who're actually making these movies are adults doing their jobs. They're not tying their entire personality to liking brands. Dude directing Shazam can be making a Marvel movie next and the duo directing Captain Marvel could move on to make a DC movie for WB. Fanatics getting upset about a lighthearted banter made between them can't understand because they don't have a sense of humor about these things. So much of their identity is about liking a brand, they treat it as a personal attack. It's weird but what're you gonna do.

For most people, if you took any of these movies and swapped Disney and Marvel logos with WB and DC ones, and vice versa, they'd like or dislike them just the same. It's not that serious and most aren't about that life.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
lol

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/james-wan-interview-aquaman/2/ said:
Is it weird looking back that there was literally an entire season of Entourage devoted to this movie? In an ironic, this will never actually be a movie, type way?

To make fun of it.

Directed by James Cameron.

Cameron, I know. Like two James' make the Aquaman movie!

You're officially the new James Cameron.

It's very appropriate. I don't know what to say other than the fact that I think it's fucking funny. The irony isn't lost on me. And I hope the movie does as well as the fake Aquaman.

vnOHjLI.jpg

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oddly doesn't seem the actual movie will do as well in the box office.

I hope this is the actual Shazam movie poster

DtslZQ1X4AAp-72.jpg

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Real Aquaman doing as good as Fake Aquaman, even if it weren't up against Mary Poppins, Bumblebee, and Spider-Verse, would be very impressive. It most certainly won't hit that on the 21st weekend.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly, I thought Mary Poppins would reign over the rest. How it's shaping up, Aquaman will be number one that weekend, followed by Poppins, and the early projections for Bumblebee have me bummed about it being a distant third. Or, who knows if Spider-verse stays strong, possibly Bumblebee will be fourth. They all look great. I want them all to win.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I thought Mary Poppins would reign over the rest. How it's shaping up, Aquaman will be number one that weekend, followed by Poppins, and the early projections for Bumblebee have me bummed about it being a distant third. Or, who knows if Spider-verse stays strong, possibly Bumblebee will be fourth. They all look great. I want them all to win.
The first good Transformers movie is probably going to gross the lowest out of all of them and that would be damn shame.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
And John Cena needs a win!

On that, in one of these Aquaman interviews, someone told Momoa that he looks like Roman Reigns. Momoa said he's been told that lol

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
People are hyped about 3D Spider-Man? I suppose it isn't too dissimilar from Lego movies except looking even better.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The real secret good cut is Venom with 40 more minutes of Tom Hardy being weird edited back in .

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
If someone told be to choose between the Snyder Cut or that, I'm gotta go Venom. Hardy goes all in on the physical comedy.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, both being 3D animation films. I don't rate them at all, but it's great that people love them.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not surprising, but in THR write-up on Heard mentioned WB is already considering an Aquaman sequel

Squid Lord

Nov 28, 2017
Darn. I was hoping the rumor that the next Shazam! trailer dropping next week was true and attached to Aquaman. Oh well.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.