• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Aquaman has the best overall action scenes in a comic book movie. James Wan da god

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
You think Superman has time to fire his heat vision and make the gun hot enough before the guy can (accidentally) fire it? There are enough examples in movies without superheroes where people are used as a shield and held at gun point that it's too risky to go for a snipe. Lois means the world to him. You think he wants to risk that?

It's a comic book movie, people would let it slide. That's how they expect Superman to act.

He starts the same way, and stops when he chestbumps the guy ? Maybe just slides his hand between the gun and Lois head ?
If he's able to reach the guy before he fires, as it is shown, then he just chose to pulverize him

Snyder could have done this, as well. Snyder could have spent days figuring out the logistics for this to work or be comic book plausible but he didn't because he wanted Superman to kill people.

If they wanted to explain this away, they could just show the dictator and assume Superman broke the wall with his fist or something or arms as he pushed him through.

People assume he's dead because it fits their narrative that Snyder doesn't get Superman and Superman is wreckless.

Why would Superman go through a wall, let alone two, if he wasn't trying to kill the dictator? He knows how fragile humans are. Why didn't he stop before he got to the first wall? What purpose other than murder is there for him to do that? As a first action this is a terrible example to get audiences who are skeptical of his Superman to win them over.

People assume that because that's how Snyder frames his Superman in that fashion. Snyder did not set up his Superman with that credibility in MOS, making that his first scene was not trying to win them over that they could trust this guy. There are moments in the films where he does good rescues and had he done that all the time it'd be less of an issue but that is never focused on as a primary insight into how this Superman acts. Snyder's Superman is reckless.

This is not the Superman who is from MOS or B vs S.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
With Birds of Prey so soon, the actors staring to sport their new looks, I'm expecting some costumes soon of Canary, Huntress, and the new Harley.

Nov 13, 2017
With Birds of Prey so soon, the actors staring to sport their new looks, I'm expecting some costumes soon of Canary, Huntress, and the new Harley.
I'm so excited for this. The Suicide Squad set photos and teasers were A+ and executed perfectly.

Question for everyone: if I use a VPN to change my country to Canada, and log in to Netflix, will Titans show up for streaming?

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
Hi there, my first contribution here after being a reader for some time...

2426hpi.jpg

Dwd-6GpW0AAOBMW.jpg

n49942n54e921.jpg

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Welcome !
Aquaman's action sequences have set the bar very high, I hope that Shazam will have great fights

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Sandberg lying about leaks again.

Someone then leaked the audio from that part in the trailer (until Twitter removes it):

EDIT. Twitter removed it.

Edit: Back for now:

Last edited:

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
It's a comic book movie, people would let it slide. That's how they expect Superman to act.

Snyder could have done this, as well. Snyder could have spent days figuring out the logistics for this to work or be comic book plausible but he didn't because he wanted Superman to kill people.

Why would Superman go through a wall, let alone two, if he wasn't trying to kill the dictator? He knows how fragile humans are. Why didn't he stop before he got to the first wall? What purpose other than murder is there for him to do that? As a first action this is a terrible example to get audiences who are skeptical of his Superman to win them over.

People assume that because that's how Snyder frames his Superman in that fashion. Snyder did not set up his Superman with that credibility in MOS, making that his first scene was not trying to win them over that they could trust this guy. There are moments in the films where he does good rescues and had he done that all the time it'd be less of an issue but that is never focused on as a primary insight into how this Superman acts. Snyder's Superman is reckless.

This is not the Superman who is from MOS or B vs S.

Doesn't Clark pretty clearly say he didn't kill anyone? You are assuming Superman killed someone when the movie tells you directly he didn't.

This is getting weird my guy. Not liking the movie is one thing, hell tons of people don't dig it. But like it's spelled out in dialogue he didn't kill anyone.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
may have wanted it to be a surprise but of course people want attention more

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Out of all the movies, it had to be fucking Aquaman to break 1 billion. Everything about this universe is weird.

Most of all you people.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Well, technically since that theme was used in JL it's a valid theme for someone to hum even if it makes no sense within the world.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the movies, it had to be fucking Aquaman to break 1 billion. Everything about this universe is weird.

Most of all you people.

It was a weird year. Black Panther hit $1.3 billion. Infinity hit $2 billion. China helped push Venom to $855 million. Aquaman hitting a billy is right in line, and makes sense in context after the fact. (See: Jumanji last year.) Hell, Bohemian Rhapsody is sitting at $743 million.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Doesn't Clark pretty clearly say he didn't kill anyone? You are assuming Superman killed someone when the movie tells you directly he didn't.

This is getting weird my guy. Not liking the movie is one thing, hell tons of people don't dig it. But like it's spelled out in dialogue he didn't kill anyone.

Can you show me a scene of what you're referred to that he didn't kill anyone? I don't recall seeing that in the movie and I saw it three times.

edit: Are you talking about the director's cut? I didn't see that.

Because it goes against the narrative people are trying to push, but ignoring other countless examples, in this movie and others.

What other examples? The only movies this Superman appeared in are MOS and Justice League, and he didn't kill anybody in Justice League.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Can you show me a scene of what you're referred to that he didn't kill anyone? I don't recall seeing that in the movie and I saw it three times.

edit: Are you talking about the director's cut? I didn't see that.

What other examples? The only movies this Superman appeared in are MOS and Justice League, and he didn't kill anybody in Justice League.
As far as I'm aware this is from the theatrical cut, feel free to correct me if this wasn't in the version you saw but I only saw bvs the one time.

1:49 is where he mentions not having killed anyone during the africa incident.

From what I remember the discussions the government has about Superman don't paint him as a killer. Just that he acted in a potentially irresponsible way in a geopolitical conflict. There is lots of confusion in the media converge about the event (caused in no small part by lex and his plans) and it leads to the government wanting to question Superman.

bvs is like 3 hours long and I really don't feel like watching it all again lmao.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
As far as I'm aware this is from the theatrical cut, feel free to correct me if this wasn't in the version you saw but I only saw bvs the one time.

1:49 is where he mentions not having killed anyone during the africa incident.

From what I remember the discussions the government has about Superman don't paint him as a killer. Just that he acted in a potentially irresponsible way in a geopolitical conflict. There is lots of confusion in the media converge about the event (caused in no small part by lex and his plans) and it leads to the government wanting to question Superman.

I saw the theatrical version. I view this as them speaking about the men Luthor framed him for killing, maybe I'm wrong but I didn't include the dictator in that since he's not specifically bought up again. Agreed on that interpretation, as everyone was reacting to Luthor's group's actions.

If this was Snyder's intent that Superman doesn't kill people I thought he did a bad job communicating this to the audience, as the language he tells it ignores the people in the audience who had a bad reaction to MOS, and he didn't provide sufficient scenes on screen to confirm clearly enough to those skeptics that's not how he operates. Trust needed to be earned with these critics and I felt he didn't bother trying to sooth their worries in B vs S. The movie never dealt with the repercussions of him killing Zod, and if you need to see something to prove he no longer goes that route I don't think the movie did that. It's not just me, either, this Superman has a bad reputation for a lot of people who saw these movies for the same reasons. Maybe its unfair to Snyder but this was what he needed to do to win us over, which he could have done after MOS. How Superman acted through B vs S didn't help his cause, I saw him as a wrathful god who didn't like humanity and acted more like a thug intimidating people than traditional Superman. That characterisation didn't get me to trust him, it made me assume the worst since killing people wouldn't that much of a stretch for a super-human with that personality.

With Snyder's movies how people view him shouldn't be up for debate, everyone should be on the same page and in that guy's corner. I got a better picture of Batman, while he was a jerk and a killer in his own right I was able to view his thought process and knew where he stood and I think everybody else did, too. So I know Snyder can do this, it's just odd why he didn't want to do that with Superman in the same movie.

I'm glad you are able to enjoy this Superman. I didn't get that until Justice League.

bvs is like 3 hours long and I really don't feel like watching it all again lmao.

Don't blame you lol

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
If the Shazam trailer is as hype as Twitter people are saying I predict it doing well.

I'm certain all it needs is 1 good trailer and a money shot to have people in. The concept alone is resonating with people.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure the point was to have Superman's intentions up for debate. That thread was started in Man of Steel and was supposed to be partially continued in Justice League and fully concluded in JL Part 2 following an MoS sequel. Plans were nixed after BvS was slammed by critics so his redemption was basically turned into "Well, if we bring him back from the dead maybe he'll be good maybe he'll be bad! 50/50!" Then he comes back and effortlessly beats Steppenwolf alone within roughly a minute. Just after stomping the rest of the League. In a movie that's tagline is You Cant Save the World Alone.

I hate Justice League if that wasn't obvious.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the theatrical version. I view this as them speaking about the men Luthor framed him for killing, maybe I'm wrong but I didn't include the dictator in that since he's not specifically bought up again. Agreed on that interpretation, as everyone was reacting to Luthor's group's actions.

If this was Snyder's intent that Superman doesn't kill people I thought he did a bad job communicating this to the audience, as the language he tells it ignores the people in the audience who had a bad reaction to MOS, and he didn't provide sufficient scenes on screen to confirm clearly enough to those skeptics that's not how he operates. Trust needed to be earned with these critics and I felt he didn't bother trying to sooth their worries in B vs S. The movie never dealt with the repercussions of him killing Zod, and if you need to see something to prove he no longer goes that route I don't think the movie did that. It's not just me, either, this Superman has a bad reputation for a lot of people who saw these movies for the same reasons. Maybe its unfair to Snyder but this was what he needed to do to win us over, which he could have done after MOS. How Superman acted through B vs S didn't help his cause, I saw him as a wrathful god who didn't like humanity and acted more like a thug intimidating people than traditional Superman. That characterisation didn't get me to trust him, it made me assume the worst since killing people wouldn't that much of a stretch for a super-human with that personality.

With Snyder's movies how people view him shouldn't be up for debate, everyone should be on the same page and in that guy's corner. I got a better picture of Batman, while he was a jerk and a killer in his own right I was able to view his thought process and knew where he stood and I think everybody else did, too. So I know Snyder can do this, it's just odd why he didn't want to do that with Superman in the same movie.

I'm glad you are able to enjoy this Superman. I didn't get that until Justice League.

Don't blame you lol

Watch the Ultimate Cut. A huge number of the issues you're having with Superman's characterization and portrayal is all rectified in the longer cut. If it helps, I think the film flows better with more fluid transitions so it really doesn't feel like a longer movie than the theatrical.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017

Don't blame you lol

I liked mos for what it was but I had problems with it. I didn't necessarily enjoy Superman in mos and bvs, I just thought he was understandable. Just a regular person trying to figure crazy shit out. I do agree with some of your larger points tho. Snyder at times leaves too much unsaid and taken for granted that the audience is on his side. Other times he explains too much. he doesn't always communicate his ideas well, to put it lightly.

If he just did mos and then did batman with a better writter I would have been fine. Bvs has some high highs and some low lows.

People can think however they want and we can have all these discussions, I mean they are just movies.

People (not you) just dog on Snyder tho. I really get wanting something else from his Superman, I really do. but discussions about Zack Snyder online make it sound like he took away their health care. He's just a dude.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe you guys have been arguing with someone for pages and pages and he hadn't even seen the UC

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I liked mos for what it was but I had problems with it. I didn't necessarily enjoy Superman in mos and bvs, I just thought he was understandable. Just a regular person trying to figure crazy shit out. I do agree with some of your larger points tho. Snyder at times leaves too much unsaid and taken for granted that the audience is on his side. Other times he explains too much. he doesn't always communicate his ideas well, to put it lightly.

If he just did mos and then did batman with a better writter I would have been fine. Bvs has some high highs and some low lows.

People can think however they want and we can have all these discussions, I mean they are just movies.

People (not you) just dog on Snyder tho. I really get wanting something else from his Superman, I really do. but discussions about Zack Snyder online make it sound like he took away their health care. He's just a dude.

I agree. You're right, it's important not to get too emotionally invested with entertainment.

I can't believe you guys have been arguing with someone for pages and pages and he hadn't even seen the UC

lmao

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
For future reference, when talking about anything BvS, it's always UC related. It's 30 minutes longer and the film is better for it. Watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.