• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
What do you guys think of the Watchmen film? Is it worth my time? I think I've only seen about half of it on TV once...felt kind of long and I don't remember much at all.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Yesterday, I gave one of my students an Aquaman coloring sheet. Kid gave him brown hair and dark skin.

That put a bit of a smile on my face.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
What do you guys think of the Watchmen film? Is it worth my time? I think I've only seen about half of it on TV once...felt kind of long and I don't remember much at all.
Great film. Ahead of its time.

Beautiful cinematography throughout.

Definitely a long one to get through, though.

Also that Summer 2021 is more likely than Winter 2020

From Revenge of the Fans

Every movie featuring Batman must have a warehouse sequence.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If you can't remember that ace opening scene then I wouldn't bother, really. That scene alone made me want Snyder to direct a Batman solo film. It's also full of pop culture references and social commentary but it's definitely not for everyone.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the point was to have Superman's intentions up for debate. That thread was started in Man of Steel and was supposed to be partially continued in Justice League and fully concluded in JL Part 2 following an MoS sequel. Plans were nixed after BvS was slammed by critics so his redemption was basically turned into "Well, if we bring him back from the dead maybe he'll be good maybe he'll be bad! 50/50!" Then he comes back and effortlessly beats Steppenwolf alone within roughly a minute. Just after stomping the rest of the League. In a movie that's tagline is You Cant Save the World Alone.

I hate Justice League if that wasn't obvious.
While smiling.

XD

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This movie will make billions, you just watch.
e50.gif

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it. I think it's gotten better with age as more and more superhero movies come out. I really want to sit down and check out the director's cut, but like you said it's long. Snyder my dude loves his longer movies. If you only watched half and you were starting to not feel it or lose interest idk if you'll really like the flick. But I do recommend trying again.

I've had a few friends that were so so on the movie when it came out. After revisiting it in the last couple years its felt like it got much more well received. Like I went over to a friend's house and saw a watchmen Blu-ray. I thought he wasn't really a fan but he said after seeing all these different kinds of superheros and kinds of capeflicks that watchmen grew on him.

Plus dat blue dong tho 👌

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't found time to watch it myself and we're reaching the point where it'll be released on-demand in another month or so. I might try to get out to the theater next Tuesday, weather dependent.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
It's only gotten better with age. I remember at the time of its released, some people were calling this generation's Blade Runner and I think the comparison isn't too far off. There's really nothing else like it especially when it comes to this sub genre. BvS is the only one that feels similar and that's cuz they share the same DNA.

Watch it again. It's worth anyone's time.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
And to imagine how things would have gone if Dawn of Justice was a Batman/Superman/WW team up film that led right into JL

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I know we all say you don't NEED individual movies before a team up and I agree with that, BUT, It would definitely make it more epic. What if we had a Batman and WW solo movie giving us a good feel for the character. Then comes Dawn of Justice where we wait for the holy Trinity to meet for the first time. Amazing.

I love MoS and BvS but damn, Snyder really did the comic fans dirty.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
MoS and BvS feels more epic to me than something like Avengers. I have no doubt that if Snyder had his way he would have found a way to make JL feel like something special.

For all the flax Zack gets, you can't really deny that his movies have excellent world building making them feel bigger than they are.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
And to imagine how things would have gone if Dawn of Justice was a Batman/Superman/WW team up film that led right into JL
This could have worked.

You could still have had the Batman and Superman conflict but with Wonder Woman being the resolving factor.

Ofcourse I still love what i got.

The final battle had so many great moments. "Is she with you", Superman carrying doomsday into space, Wonder Woman vs Doomsday as Batman watches, Superman x Doomsday eye laser, "this is my world".

I'm rewatching the ultimate cut this weekend.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
MoS and BvS feels more epic to me than something like Avengers. I have no doubt that if Snyder had his way he would have found a way to make JL feel like something special.

For all the flax Zack gets, you can't really deny that his movies have excellent world building making them feel bigger than they are.
Yeah, something about his movies just have an epic scope about them. Metropolis felt like a massive city getting wrecked too.

Avengers battle in NYC felt really small in scope I guess, because they stuck so close to a couple streets, JL had that feeling too if you might be going around the world but it feels just like a location with nobody actually there.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

I don't mean epic in the sense of scale. I meant epic as in just seeing the three team up like that. It was ok as is, but could have been better.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Infinity War is the first movie to truly capture the feel of a "big dumb comic event." Well, in a positive way. Age of Ultron did too, but it was more annoying than anything.

Both Avengers and Justice League felt small. Which I get you don't want to go all out in the first try, but I can't help wanting a little more spectacle.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
JL went backwards in scale. Really, Man of Steel still seems like it had the highest threat level. More people died in the World Engine attack than every following DCEU movie combined.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
JL went backwards in scale. Really, Man of Steel still seems like it had the highest threat level. More people died in the World Engine attack than every following DCEU movie combined.

Yeah. MoS' arrival of the kryptonians and black zero felt like a global paradigm shift. Even Doomsday, we saw how the military attempted to intervene with the threat.

In Justice League, it felt like no one among the average humankind would've been aware of what happened at any point. Originally the Superman vs League fight was gonna have people, police, and military... instead of no one. It'd be like visiting the liberty bell and not a single person was around for blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.