• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Black Zero is what Justice League wanted to pitch as a global threat. Outside of a couple dozen people who were first hand witnesses, the world likely never knew about the events of Justice League.

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if they're going to:

A) Stick with pink and blue with the pigtails for Harley
B) Change her to look more like her original jester costume
C) Change her to the roller derby inspired look

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The shazam trailer might as well be the fabled Nintendo direct at this point

You gotta stop hyping shit up weeks before it lands

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The shazam trailer might as well be the fabled Nintendo direct at this point

You gotta stop hyping shit up weeks before it lands
I'm still hurt over prime 4 and the VGAs.

Haven't really gone into Nintendo hype threads since.

Few people have mentioned the trailer being complete for a while. Guess they want Aquaman to have its time in the sun before dropping.

It'll come when it comes and I'm excited for it.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully we get the costumes soon!

Word on road is that Cathy Yan didn't want the costumes to be overly flashy. Excited to see what we get!

I'm not really expecting superhero uniforms in so far as huntress having a mask and cape. Canary's getup wouldn't be out of the ordinary on the street and Harley's got a bunch of looks.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they're locked away on the Warner Bros lot, don't expect anything soon. Hell, wasn't Shazam photos being taken all over Toronto and Warner Bros didn't release an official picture for awhile? I seem to remember that, but I could be wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that wants to see DCEU movies take place on other planets? I really want Warner Bros to start exploring the DC universe that doesn't involve planet earth.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's be nuts if aquaman can pass civil war. It's like the reverse dr strange making more than JL lol.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

This is very cool.

Also has people talking about Snyder's original 5 movie plan for Superman. Sounds cool. A shame it was scrapped in favour of chasing the MCU.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It's be nuts if aquaman can pass civil war. It's like the reverse dr strange making more than JL lol.

It's possible actually.

Again, context is everything. The next movie to take the blockbuster film slot would be Glass. That's currently sitting with a 39% on RT, so it's opening weekend is likely depressed. After that, the next competition is Alita. The Upside could push it out of #1, but there's not much in terms of 4Q films.

Much like Venom, which had a relatively open October, having no competition is basically an open road of walk up business.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Something about having a pop song like this is so perfect for Aquaman

BvS is so dim and gloomy that I had to question if my TV is broken. It's like HDR doesn't even exist

Last edited:

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
It's possible actually.

Again, context is everything. The next movie to take the blockbuster film slot would be Glass. That's currently sitting with a 39% on RT, so it's opening weekend is likely depressed. After that, the next competition is Alita. The Upside could push it out of #1, but there's not much in terms of 4Q films.

Much like Venom, which had a relatively open October, having no competition is basically an open road of walk up business.
Glass is reviewing badly? I had a feeling it would for some reason. I still don't get how Split reviewed so well. While I liked it, it still felt like schlocky ass Shyamalan to me.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Glass is reviewing badly? I had a feeling it would for some reason. I still don't get how Split reviewed so well. While I liked it, it still felt like schlocky ass Shyamalan to me.
Split was a solid movie with great acting and directing. Nothing too crazy with the story. From what I read the third act in Glass is crazy stupid

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Split was dumb and offensive. The whole psychology/mental illness angle was just utterly stupid.
Yeah, I can definitely see someone coming away with that take watching Split. I don't watch his movies for the stories tho if that makes any sense. His aesthetic draws me in more than anything else. It's weird and it doesn't make any sense most of the time but I get hooked anyway.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Still happy how my thread title played out!

Anyhow officially crossed #WanBillion at the box office, usurping the Dark Knight in the process. Will probably end up WB's 2nd highest grossing film of all-time.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
James Wan made me what I am. A king of the box office. I am the savoir of DC Films. I am....Aquaman.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
So hard to judge the performance of Aquaman against something like TDK or any CBM older than a few years because of the explosion of the foreign market. But regardless it's a job well done by all. Funny that it didn't even need to review well all that well...just average was good enough

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Batman, Aquaman, Black Panther and Iron Man are the only solos with billion dollars.... Civil War is technically an Avengers movie so I dont count it. Nice. Really happy for Wan and Momoa.

I need Aqualad to be in Aquaman 2.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
We all said the same thing about Aquaman.
The difference is that we know what the foreign markets reception to Wonder Woman is. Her box office was pretty much split down the middle between foreign (409) and domestic (412). Now, sequels tend to do bigger numbers, especially if they're reviewed well, so it does have a chance for sure. I think the foreign bump would have to be another 150 mil or so and they have to hope the US hold is there.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Wonder Woman did $821 million, so a billion for WW 1984 is definitely possible. Not necessarily guaranteed though, as foreign markets didn't take to it the first like the US did and I doubt WW 1984 is going to have the same kind of visual spectacle as Aquaman.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The good thing is, WW84 opening weekend could see a massive spike now that we know what to expect. Her 104 mil opening weekend should go up to like 130 which gives the movie a quick 25 mil bump to get that billy.

Status
Not open for further replies.