• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The shit getting traction vs. the shit they can't seem to move forward (core characters at that) is astounding.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
As a fan I'm just not going to support any of these DC properties that don't have any connection to the DCU. Maybe old man Warner Bros. will finally learn their lesson.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It ain't taking the 'spot' of another project, if that's what's making people upset.

I mean, nah. But I'm not at the point in my fandom where every idea sounds great.

So you do the Trench and pull off a great horror film, there's probably no reason to tie it to Aquaman, as it's not like premise is really out there or unique.

As an example, I'm not losing my mind over The Eternals or anything. Just sounds like a bad idea.

Last edited:

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, nah. But I'm not at the point in my fandom where every idea sounds great.

So you do the Trench and pull off a great horror film, there's probably no reason to tie it to Aquaman, as it's not like premise is really out there or unique.

As an example, I'm not losing my mind over The Eternals or anything. Just sounds like a bad idea.

That's fair. Just pointing out that there's no limit to the amount of DC properties per year. In a 12 month span, there will be four DC movies with entirely different production pipelines. For better or worse.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
They can write this in 3 days. A bit like "The Fog", a fishermen town attacked by a pack of these creatures during a big touristic event... Like Gremlins on PCP.
No link needed to Aquaman, use some old lighthouse legend, and cast a group of survivors. A lot of night, a lot of rain, add some gore and... voilà.

The creature could be on a 80's horror movie VHS cover
bMDnXHT.jpg

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'd take that concept and perhaps set it on a boat that went off course. Basically what we got in Aquaman, but way bigger, no superheroes, and expendable characters to wipe out. Like a cruise ship or cargo ship got off course and lost power. Trench get onboard and everyone is trying to survive until day light.

Alternatively, a whaling boat. Post credit scene is Aquaman hearing about the attack and asked is he'll help. He just goes "nah. fuck em."

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I'd take that concept and perhaps set it on a boat that went off course. Basically what we got in Aquaman, but way bigger, no superheroes, and expendable characters to wipe out. Like a cruise ship or cargo ship got off course and lost power. Trench get onboard and everyone is trying to survive until day light.

Alternatively, a whaling boat. Post credit scene is Aquaman hearing about the attack and asked is he'll help. He just goes "nah. fuck em."

How can that movie not end in five minutes lol

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
It's a horror movie in which Wan is involved.

Horror movies are WBs bread and butter.

Chill.

Something new in the CBM genre is always welcome.

Edit:

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
They can write this in 3 days. A bit like "The Fog", a fishermen town attacked by a pack of these creatures during a big touristic event... Like Gremlins on PCP.
No link needed to Aquaman, use some old lighthouse legend, and cast a group of survivors. A lot of night, a lot of rain, add some gore and... voilà.

The creature could be on a 80's horror movie VHS cover
bMDnXHT.jpg

Like I said, it's pretty easy to envision the project, just no reason to really tie it to Aquaman. It's essentially a standard "horde" horror film.

And given the above, it'll likely be a project like the Conjuring Universe, giving Wan a chance to find and test out newer directors. (Shazam's Sandberg was a Wan find.)

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Wan and Hamada can do great things for the DCU and hopefully Sanbderg is successful with Shazam. I also hope they announce a date for Johns Green Lantern movie and of course MoS2 this year.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Wan and Hamada can do great things for the DCU and hopefully Sanbderg is successful with Shazam. I also hope they announce a date for Johns Green Lantern movie and of course MoS2 this year.

Shazam will be successful, folks just need to temper their expectations, I think.

I'm still calling Joker the breakout this year. At least as much as an R-Rated film can breakout.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ya know, I'm all up for trailers not showing the entire movie but jeez they haven't shown any big high budget scene yet. I know wait for the 2nd trailer but they gotta make some moves and make this not feel like a cheap parody.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Every preview and set visit talks about the same things. I'm pretty sure we know all of this information already. Need that new trailer!!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yeeeeah... I'm good with the Blu-Ray box set for the 4 OG movies. My gf just got me the Dark Knight Trilogy 4K box set for my bday so I'm 4k'd out.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'd kinda be interested in a show about Atlantis before it sunk. From the flashbacks, it had this steam punk fantasy thing going on.

Also Wan's coy responses are pretty funny.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
if he plans on building this universe, i would assume he would want as much control on the main movies to ensure it lives on

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda joking when I said Wan made a new Star Wars franchise, but maybe I was on to something...

Status
Not open for further replies.