• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gunn gonna magically have creative differences regarding SS2.

I don't see why, the article says Disney and Gunn came to an agreement allowing him to do Squad 2 and then GOTG3 after.

Besides, no way in hell he'd be crazy enough to turn down the massive truckload of money WB likely dumped on his front door in order to nab him. Getting paid to do a big DC and Marvel movie is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Though hopefully it turns out better for Gunn than it did for Whedon :P

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
And again...

This is why all the Marvel vs. DC fanboy nonsense is nonsense.

This is Hollywood. These folks aren't fighting a war. Why should we?

---

Also, who's got their Shazam tickets for next Saturday?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
did we ever decide on a new title?

still time to drop out!
giphy.gif

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Early stages? THR article says Squad 2 is planned for the fall.

Given this and the Flash stuff, it looks like both will be shot in Q3-Q4. The Suicide Squad is August 6, 2021, so this means Flash could fit in either of the other two "WB Event Film" slots: October 1, 2021 or November 12, 2021. October feels a bit better, as there's currently nothing there except an unnamed Disney live-action film. And Untitled Marvel Film comes in November 5, 2021, so Flash would have room to breathe. The Nov slot would put it in-between The Marvel Film and Avatar 3.

And The Batman is still technically June 25, 2021.

Three DC films in 2021. Four if you count Super Pets.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Given this and the Flash stuff, it looks like both will be shot in Q3-Q4. The Suicide Squad is August 6, 2021, so this means Flash could fit in either of the other two "WB Event Film" slots: October 1, 2021 or November 12, 2021. October feels a bit better, as there's currently nothing there except an unnamed Disney live-action film. And Untitled Marvel Film comes in November 5, 2021, so Flash would have room to breathe. The Nov slot would put it in-between The Marvel Film and Avatar 3.

Wish it was better spaced out within the year. Do one every four months or so you bastards

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

Reeves said late this year.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading through the Super Sons omnibus and man, this needs to be either an animated movie or DC Universe show pronto.

a8X09pV.jpg

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
It is kind of ironic Gunn is on squad2 duty, seeing as how one of the reason the first squad was the way it was is WB shocked by how well the first GoTG doing and leaned hard an Ayer to get a piece of that particular flavor .

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
What the fuck is going on with Flash??? This shit isn't hard. God damn. Just make a fucking movie already. Rogues + Barry + tease of Eobard. Done. Pay me WB.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell. I love Ezra as Flash and want him to stay on, but him helping out write the script and wanting a darker take is... hmm.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This is just an embarrassment. WB is so dysfunctional that the actor himself has to pen the script. Unheard of really, WB is still just as incompetent as it has ever been when it comes to DC films.

It's also pretty clear that they want to get rid of him and are just waiting for his contract for the film to run out, which is what they are doing with Cavill as well.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah they about to bush Ezra. Wouldn't be surprised to learn they already have a list of actors they want to replace him.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Where the hell did you pull that from?
"Miller is taking a stab at writing the script for the Warner Bros. project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. He has teamed up with Grant Morrison, the acclaimed comics author, to pen a draft that could determine if he stays on as star, playing crimefighter Barry Allen."

I know if comes down to a supposed "creative differences" because Ezra wants a darker take but this is not a good look on WB to have the actor pen the script.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
"Miller is taking a stab at writing the script for the Warner Bros. project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. He has teamed up with Grant Morrison, the acclaimed comics author, to pen a draft that could determine if he stays on as star, playing crimefighter Barry Allen."

I know if comes down to a supposed "creative differences" because Ezra wants a darker take but this is not a good look on WB to have the actor pen the script.
Blame Ezra then. Not WB

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The movie already has a script ready to go. This is likely more, "WB wants Miller out because of creative differences, but likes him enough to give him a last shot to keep the gig." They're hearing him out, but I sure the role is already gone.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Ezra really should've just played ball. Now he's facing an uphill battle against a version the studio already likes.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
This is just an embarrassment. WB is so dysfunctional that the actor himself has to pen the script. Unheard of really, WB is still just as incompetent as it has ever been when it comes to DC films.

It's also pretty clear that they want to get rid of him and are just waiting for his contract for the film to run out, which is what they are doing with Cavill as well.
I mean, it's only in this one film. Not really indicative of dysfunction at WB.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

He hates the current script and their options are "give him a chance at what he might like" or "lose him in 2 months and recast yet another role in your universe, and for this film you made it clear you want to be releasing in 2020"

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Blame Ezra then. Not WB
The movie already has a script ready to go. This is likely more, "WB wants Miller out because of creative differences, but likes him enough to give him a last shot to keep the gig." They're hearing him out, but I sure the role is already gone.
Exactly, as I have stated previously it's clear that WB want him gone from the role. But this just makes it look like a circus. WB should just be flank with Ezra and tell him that he is no longer in their plans for the Flash, as unfortunate as that may be, and just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.