• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
pou_7153.png

Pouring one out for Swole-Bat

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the possible delay in shooting is to accommodate for Rob's schedule.

It seems like he'll be going from NOLAN right into Batman

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you will all support me and my petition to have Pattinson replaced with the rat from the end of the Departed.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the possible delay in shooting is to accommodate for Rob's schedule.

It seems like he'll be going from NOLAN right into Batman
I was just about to come post this. The possible delay to early next year is now likely due to Pattinson being chosen and Nolan shooting his film this summer rather than continued tweaking of the script. I'm sure they'll keep looking at the script, but it now feels like it's to accommodate Rob.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there a site that said we would get casting news right now? Maybe it was just dumb luck but who was it?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I can't believe that Joker thread is still arguing over a 4Chan post THAT IS COMPLETELY FAKE. It doesn't represent the real script at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Confirmation bias. They read a few impressions that said the film would be problematic and would ignite incels around the world and believed a 4chan leak

It's amazing isn't it? After the first trailer tons of people said it looked interesting. Of course some people on twitter at the time started talking like it was an incels wet dream and how the movie shouldn't be made.

Then some posts a fake script off 4chan and you had people waiting in the wings to use it to confirm their bs

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
If Josh Gad really is penguin, I'm not sure how I feel. I've admittedly only seen him in comedies. Does he have any serious roles that I can check out?

If nothing else, DC casting is always interesting and outside the box.

Oct 25, 2017

So that's it huh? We're some kind of Batman Returns?

Not quite. Word on the street for awhile now has been that the Penguin is a side-villain in The Batman. They've been pretty secretive about who the lead villain is, possibly since the film is about Bruce trying to solve a new case. My guess is the lead villain is either Riddler or Hush.

Plus we're apparently going to see around six different Batman villains in this film to some degree. That's very exciting, provided the film can pull it off.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The talk about Pattinson needing to bulk up made me look up past actors, and it's funny how our standards have changed since the 90's.
kilmershl.jpg

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Not quite. Word on the street for awhile now has been that the Penguin is a side-villain in The Batman. They've been pretty secretive about who the lead villain is, possibly since the film is about Bruce trying to solve a new case. My guess is the lead villain is either Riddler or Hush.

Plus we're apparently going to see around six different Batman villains in this film to some degree. That's very exciting, provided the film can pull it off.

Penguin might be like Scarecrow or someone for Batman to interrogate for intel on the real big bad.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Back from my slumber, talking bad about Applu will get you banned bois so don't do eet. Whatever you do never say that applu sells overpriced products or that anyone constantly creating threads about applu being great is a shill, just don't do eet.

Back on topic. Every other potential Batman actor on the shortlist other than Robert and Armie are a big step down. Will be very disappointed if it isn't one of those two.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really really hope that if this movie is a prequel, Reeves tries to tie in things to the BvS/JL Batman look and feel. Stuff like the voice modulator in the cowl, the logo (probably slightly tweaked but still clear that it's a precursor to the fat bat logo), and his suit in general. No trunks, grey base, not all armored up. That's my biggest problem when they have different directors take over, they just change everything to set their "vision" apart. The Batcave will probably look completely different when that makes no sense for it to like in the Burton/Schumaker films.

It's the double edged sword of Director driven vs the MCU approach.

You get more interesting movies, but the lack of uniformity irks me.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Daniel RPK tweeted some stuff out that I'm pretty sure was about Suicide Squad then deleted it. Sounds like the squad is either hunting down an experiment that escaped or is going after the people doing the experiments.
Edit: Added a screen cap.

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Daniel RPK tweeted some stuff out that I'm pretty sure was about Suicide Squad then deleted it. Sounds like the squad is either hunting down an experiment that escaped or is going after the people doing the experiments.
Edit: Added a screen cap.

Assuming that this is really from The Suicide Squad and assuming that this from the original draft of Gunn's script, when Idris Elba was playing the (recast) Deadshot, could it be that the "Aurora family" are in fact Slade Wilson and his kids? Aurora Family isn't a name that jumps out at me in terms of DC's history and having Googled it there seems to be a Teen Titans character called Aurora but that's it.

Big films like this use codenames all the time for characters when it comes to casting etc (Gunn's Suicide Squad already identifies the villains as simply 'Major' and 'General' I believe) so it might very well be that Aurora is being used to hide the fact.

If this proves true could it mean that Deathstroke will indeed be in the film after all but played by Joe Manganiello and not Idris Elba. I wouldn't be surprised if Idris ends up as Bronze Tiger instead..., unless Warners already have plans for that character.

Also..., if this 'creature' that the Tweet refers to is indeed King Shark (born out of Nazis experiments) could this mean that King Shark might also be the antagonist in The Trench spin-off if he/it escapes at the end of the film?

Hmmmmmm.

gFymW4BHast-_BzhkfwNO7PVu1M=.gif

Curiouser and curiouser.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy and predictable how stupid people can be over a casting choice. These people are actors. The whole point is their performance is to make you belief they're the character along with the costumes and make up their wear. It legit doesn't matter what they look like in their every day life.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Patty sounds pretty thrilled with WW 84

Also, more fan edits!

Rhu08JO.jpg

BONUS Suicide Squad 2 sides that were sent out to agencies...

https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-su...le-scene-possibly-reveals-first-plot-details/

Unknown: Hey, is that the prison?
The General: The Nazis came here after World War II, seeking asylum. They built the prison as a way to continue their unorthodox experiments. That was until the Lloreta family accepted a bounty on the Nazis' heads and killed them all.
Unknown: Wowza.
The General: The prison endured as a haven for these nefarious experiments outside the grasp of international laws. Many many years ago, rumors began of a beast living within its bowls. These dark rumors helped the Lloreta family maintain power. They would send their political enemies and their families to the fortress never to return. I've recently learned that these rumors are not rumors; they murdered thousands of people in bizarre experiments with this creature.
Unknown: Holy cow. I mean, that must be a big relief to get your hands on it now, huh?
The General: Absolutely. Now it is our enemies who shall be fearful. And anyone who has anything negative to say about their new General, they, their parents, their children, and anyone they ever loved can be sent to that prison to feed the beast​

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Ahh, I didn't realise that this was the origin of that DanielRPK stuff I speculated about. Is this is indeed from a casting aside then it's definitely some bait and switch to throw people off the film's story.

While there might be some truth to it (an old prison or something features in the film) I imagine that this is very unlikely to be a page from Gunn's script.

In saying that if Manganiello doesn't appear as Deathstroke in either The Batman or The Suicide Squad I think it's safe to assume that he's being recast along with mostly everyone else from Justice League.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I like all the designs in Tell-tale's Batman . It's take on Harley for example is probably the best I saw . Probably the best Riddler to .

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get into Telltale's Bats because I found Troy's portrayal to be way to boring

They should have been with Roger Smith instead

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
We could have a great universe with Bale as Batman, Keanu as Constantine if they branched on the Nolan-verse after Dark Knight Rises with Man of Steel. Could have worked.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I hear WW84 goes into some unexpected directions.
D6-QGF7U0AANNyR.jpg

Can you say " the most ambitious cross over in history " ?

Status
Not open for further replies.