• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Zilla tanked because it was terrible. A rotten script and a cast that clearly was only there for a check

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla King of the Monsters was very true to its Japanese roots as a monster action film with other Kaiju being there as an excuse for battling and epic moments of scale and scope in the same way the Showa and Heisei eras excited Japanese fans back in 60's to the late 90's. And as such, I think it didn't capture the western audience as strongly. And the marketing was pretty good, it just happened to be out during a very packed summer blockbuster month where it couldn't stand out the way it could and should have.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla kino of the monsters was great stupid fun .
I think people just having a hard time to handle a movie thats not ashamed of its B-movie roots . Plus monster movies didnt really break out from their niche into mainstream like other nerdy shit like superheroes or fantasy movies .

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some really interesting stuff in here

According to what I was told, J.J. Abrams has big plans for the DCEU which includes tackling Green Lantern and Superman.

There are also major plans for the upcoming Crisis On Infinite Earthsevent series which looks to connect everything, from the DC films to television to their streaming services.

It's my understanding there will be some sort of soft reboot for the DCEU where Robert Pattinson will be Batman with a younger Superman, meaning Cavill is out.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Godzilla kino of the monsters was great stupid fun .
I think people just having a hard time to handle a movie thats not ashamed of its B-movie roots . Plus monster movies didnt really break out from their niche into mainstream like other nerdy shit like superheroes or fantasy movies .
The monsters need to start quipping constantly to let the audience know they're supposed to be having fun. That's how they will break through.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Wow, Season 3 of Young Justice is pretty crazy now that they don't have to keep it PG. Also just saw the Doom Patrol GO! scene and I loved it.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Batman and Superman are getting purged, Leto's Joker needs to be right beside them. Same thing with Eisenberg's Lex.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
If Batman and Superman are getting purged, Leto's Joker needs to be right beside them. Same thing with Eisenberg's Lex.
I'd be fine with Leto being out, and I absolutely refuse to see another movie with Eisenberg Luthor in it. But really both Joker and Lex should be benched for a while.
What if no Joker at all bc there are countless other villains?
What's the point of having the best Rogues Gallery if everyone just wants to rehash TKJ bullshit? I want to see Riddler, and I would like a movie where Scarecrow is the main villain. Still pissed at how Arkham Knight shafted Scarecrow for more Joker bullshit.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I still think WB will try and wrangle Phoenix into The Batman's sequel

Hmmm...

The-Batman-Details-Young-Bruce-Wayne-Ben-Affleck.jpg
\\

vs

Dark_Phoenix_X_Men_Sophie_Turner_Jean_Grey.jpg

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Why is there still no Batman casting news? WB has lost their mind when it comes to building up hype for these films.

266121723697430528.png

Im 523.4% 7th highest (85.5%) certain that Vanessa Kirby will be cast as Catwoman.

15ee48b7b51cbf8943d9f0fe4090b5ce.jpg

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Im 523.4% 7th highest (85.5%) certain that Vanessa Kirby will be cast as Catwoman.

15ee48b7b51cbf8943d9f0fe4090b5ce.jpg

I was literally thinking the same thing just the other day as I happened across the Hobbs and Shaw trailer on TV. Based off of nothing I have to imagine that WB will want to exploit this Catwoman as much as possible, probably in her own spin-off film given how well known the character and/or 'brand' is among general audiences. Assuming that she clicks with audiences in The Batman or course.

I think WB wants actors who may not be big names and many not have fronted big films before but know what the pressure of being the 'face' of a big franchise and the pressure that brings. Kirby didn't headline either the Mission:Impossible film she in or the F&F spin-off but was featured prominently in both and seemed to handle the circus that both brought well. Though he was well known already this was part of my reasoning for saying Pattinson was going to be cast as the next Batman.

If it's not her I could see Eiza González in the role given that diversity for role such as Catwoman would be another 'win-win' for all concerned. Both women are in the same age range (28 to 30) and could headline the role for the next decade. Margot Robbie was coming off of Wolf Of Wall Street and Focus (was Tarzan around the same time????) opposite Wall Smith before she was cast as Harley Quinn.

I could absolutely see this.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Still cant believe what Whedon and John's did to him in Justice League. Went from the most intimidating Batman on screen ever to a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.