• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Daddy Luthor aka real Lex is still alive and has his son killed on the way to the newest hipster vegans ramen shop

Nov 13, 2017
Excluding the "damaged" tattoo and the bad acting, I love Leto's Joker.

The metal teeth from Batman kicking him in the mouth; the drug lord inspired look; a Joker that's young and handsome instead of lanky and old – I think the design is so bad ass.

I really hope Reeves doesn't do some prequel in the 90s. Just retcon the timeline and let us see Batman meeting Tim Drake. Give us Nightwing and Batgirl and Red Hood.

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
EDd8D4tUEAYC-Zn

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's short and hard to tell... but my gut reaction is that it looks closer to Titans style (not budget obviously) and not AM/WW/Shazam...

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
No one had an issue with SS aesthetics till the movie came out and sucked. It's funny to see the heel turn from some of the same members lol. Now any movie sharing some of the visual identity gets written off.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Every time in a DC thread, people act so damn cynical. It's getting frustrating to enjoy anything DC related on this site.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
No one had an issue with SS aesthetics till the movie came out and sucked. It's funny to see the heel turn from some of the same members lol. Now any movie sharing some of the visual identity gets written off.
Everything but the gotdamn tat on the forehead. I loved the fake grill in his mouth, I liked the general direction they were taking... although I would have loved to see his transition from classic looking Joker to pimped out Joker. Otherwise, he was fine in the flick but he didn't have good material to work with.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
At least it's better than Suicide Squad and Venom.

259946417097801729.png

The Gears 5 review thread gives me flashbacks to 2016/2017 DCEU review threads.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
And it's the top critics that are giving the rotten reviews. Interesting.

It's fine. Top critics are also thinking about the messaging andd impact of a film, something I figured would be a bit muddy with Joker. Redoing the King of Comedy in 2019 was an interesting idea though and I think the audience will tune it for it.

Been telling y'all:
I'll go on record as saying the "Shazam breakouts" are overpredictions. In terms of standalone CBMs, a Fandango poll had it behind Dark Phoenix, which I think is going to underperform X-Men Apocalypse.

I think audiences will treat Shazam as a comedy with some action, as opposed to an action film with some comedy. That lowers the audience potential, similar to how Spider-Verse had lowered expectations because it was animated. Looking at the 2017 or 2018 worldwide charts, you have comedies like Pitch Perfect 3, Daddy's Home 2, The Hitman's Bodyguard, Game Night, or Blockers with the top-end at $185 million. Throw a more light-hearted family feel—something that been relegated to animated films these days—and It could surprise a bit. I think that and the DC Universe ties will push it higher, but only into the $400-500 million range at best.

Mark my words. Joker is the breakout, even if it hits that R rating.
Shazam will be successful, folks just need to temper their expectations, I think.

I'm still calling Joker the breakout this year. At least as much as an R-Rated film can breakout.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think WB will lock down Joaquin for more movies if Joker blows up (well, they'll probably try lol but he'll almost certainly say no). I think, if WB does anything big coming off that movie, it'll be to start putting more standalone 'DC Black' films in the pipeline.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the painted body vest with the engraved R.

To be fair, Batman looks silly most of the time too.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the painted body vest with the engraved R.

To be fair, Batman looks silly most of the time too.
Only when he's in well lit scenes not doing anything... which is rare. They can fix that by having his cape overhang his shoulders. Kinda like how Timm did it in BTAS:
tumblr_ofizz76FLE1r37wr2o1_1280.jpg

MV5BZTE4NGNmN2MtNWJhNS00MGJjLThkYzUtOGFiMTI2MDA5M2JlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxODYyODI@._V1_.jpg

I think Burton's Batman suit came the closest:
113b5990535e749988c84511471a3713.jpg

Batman-Returns-630x420.jpg

It doesn't look goofy when it's well lit.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly for The Batman im hoping for either an Arkham Origins looking suit,
or thinner Justice League but with gold trim around the emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.