• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And people wonder why he was demanding more control over his films. I would too after the Justice League debacle and his face being the face of that.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Joaquin's Joker being connected to the DCEU was always wishful thinking. Theirs was just no way he'd sign up to do multiple movies of the same character, just not his M.O. I mean wasn't that the main reason he turned down Dr. Strange?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Joaquin's Joker being connected to the DCEU was always wishful thinking. Theirs was just no way he'd sign up to do multiple movies of the same character, just not his M.O. I mean wasn't that the main reason he turned down Dr. Strange?
I would say it was part of it. But wasn't there reports or rumors stating he didn't want to do it because he doesn't want to do green screen acting or is uneasy about doing it? However, I think if he was going to sign up for multiple films, it would be something like the Joker. Grounded and shot on location.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I want it on the record

I am calling JJ will get the Green Lanterns brand.
He'd be a good fit, and he would have to be creative since there's no nostalgia to mine there lol.
I could see it. I could see him doing one and producing the other.

With this type of deal, they likely took a selection of stuff to him and also asked what he was interested in from their catalog of IP.
That's how it worked with Gunn so yeah I expect that's what will go down.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just got out of IT Chapter 2 and yeah...Andy Muschietti can definitely direct The Flash
giphy.gif

Wish it was without Ezra tho *flame shield activates*

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Batman TAS Deluxe Box Set since it was on sale, and damn the outer box got wrecked during shipping

Not a huge deal since I'm only going to keep the inner box on the shelf though. I could probably get a partial refund...

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the Batman TAS Deluxe Box Set since it was on sale, and damn the outer box got wrecked during shipping

Not a huge deal since I'm only going to keep the inner box on the shelf though. I could probably get a partial refund...
Yea that was a big problem when it was released. Amazon for sure will discount you.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
RT still doesn't want to give Joker that certified fresh rating. I guess they expect it to fall below 65%.

Anyways this is a good article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/08/31/why-joker-is-not-toxic-and-how-those-concerns-about-it-are-wrong/#87c1b4d14280

I know that guy is a fanboy but he makes some really good points. Also John Wick 3 is at 90% on RT, rated highly by some of the same critics who think that Joker goes too far even though JW3 is way more violent and senseless "Imma murder all these people cause they killed my dog and stole my car". Both movies are based around fictional characters so it shouldn't matter if one of them seems more realistic. Not saying that JW3 doesn't deserve the high RT score, I haven't seen it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I see JJ doing any DC movie, at least not anytime soon, but anytime he says he wants to do something of his own and not another franchise sequel he ends up getting pulled into another franchise sequel...so who knows.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
So according THR JJ was nearing a deal with Apple for over $500M until Apple tanked a meeting with him. Lol.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
jjfilmdeal.png

"deep bench of IPs"
"set number of guaranteed slots on WB's feature film release calendar"
Hmm...
Like I've said, I'd be down for a JJ Superman or Green Lantern
Apple really looks bad with their TV stuff.
If Apple really are trying to prioritize "prestige, adult-orientated entertainment" I could see them carving out a niche in the whole "streaming war", and people love their Jennifer Aniston/Steve Carell/Reese Witherspoon, so Morning Show could be a surprise hit
Me personally, I'll only be subbing to Disney+/Hulu and maybe HBO Max (parents pay for Netflix and Prime Video), I doubt they'll have IP that interest me, I'm sure they'll have some cute little shows here and there, but nothing that'll make me pay 4.99 a month

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
jjfilmdeal.png

"deep bench of IPs"
"set number of guaranteed slots on WB's feature film release calendar"
Hmm...
Like I've said, I'd be down for a JJ Superman or Green Lantern

If Apple really are trying to prioritize "prestige, adult-orientated entertainment" I could see them carving out a niche in the whole "streaming war", and people love their Jennifer Aniston/Steve Carell/Reese Witherspoon, so Morning Show could be a surprise hit
Me personally, I'll only be subbing to Disney+/Hulu and maybe HBO Max (parents pay for Netflix and Prime Video), I doubt they'll have IP that interest me, I'm sure they'll have some cute little shows here and there, but nothing that'll make me pay 4.99 a month
Like I've said, you're gonna see original to reinvented lesser known properties before he touches DC.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
You can always watch Titans where he is that main villain and will get plenty of screentime and development(probably going to even get all 3 of his children this season at that)
Let's be real. We all want to see crazy action shots of Slade Wilson fucking shit up on the big screen.

The Deathstroke movie by Gareth Evans is off the table, isn't it?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Viola Davis : Amanda Waller
Joel Kinnaman : Rick Flagg
Margot Robbie : Harley Quinn
Jai Courtney : Captain Boomerang
David Dastmalchian : Polka-Dot Man
Daniela Melchior : Ratcatcher
Steve Agee : King Shark

These are the roles we know about for The Suicide Squad so far right?

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was Elba confirmed as Bronze Tiger, or was that just a rumour going around? I assume Reid is playing his daughter in this.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Smith (and his co-host) heard "from a good source" Battinson's movie will be based on The Long Halloween.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So that means they'll have to cast all the major villains right away and hopefully go forward with them for 10 years, lol. Getting that new Joker too huh? Hope they put out the cast list a few weeks after Joker releases.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
David Ehrlich at it again, that guy clearly doesn't have an agenda..
And very good response from David Ayer

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll always love that despite critics hating it, SS resonated with the GA is still looked upon favorably by the GA.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine how much better it would be in the timeline where Ben didn't relapse after BvS, and you had Batfleck with pretty boy up there as Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.