• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
When Superman comes back to the big screen, and he will, it won't be for a long while.

By the time it happens, I'm sure this new project will be over at the CW

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My second waifu. Raptor took Milana Vayntrub from me
500495544536530945.png
so I divorced her and waifud Pom Klementieff. Sometimes known as mantis in the marvu universe.
She forced me to do it said your 15 incher wasnt enough!!

259746711323279360.png

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If anything, Superman is gonna come back soon. Billion dollar aquaman and billion dollar joker is gonna renew interest in all the big heroes.

I want cavill back so bad, JJ abrams better announce something when Star Wars is done. It'll break my geeky heart if cavill never dons the suit again.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
BTW, that DC leaker on Reddit called all of this 10 days ago. I'm reading the post now and it looks like a Blue Beetle movie was gonna happen but now it'll be a TV show.

DC Universe

• Jaime Blue Beetle
  • Red Hood Titans spin-off (is 100000% going to happen, just not right now)
  • Superboy Titans spin-off (an idea they have right now)
  • Hawk and Dove spin-off (was supposed to happen back in S1 but didn't, its still on the table).
CW

• Tyler Hoechlin Superman (family show with Lois and baby Jon)
  • Metal Men (being shopped around networks, CW placement is temporary)
  • Martian Manhunter Supergirl spin-off
HBO Max

• Vic The Question (I think it's Vic but not sure)
  • Green Lantern (I had it in DCU first, I heard some stuff & moved it)
  • Strange Adventures (Anthology)
  • Lobo (it's the Krypton spinoff show that got announced right before Krypton got canceled. Krypton connection up in the air now)

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
He's not all that legit seeing as how he stepped back out of the scoop game after the was completely wrong on that Catwoman casting.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
HBO Max will be $14.99 a month.

EIFY2DXXUAAmBz8

By the by, the Snyder Cut folks were absolutely annoying during the presentation. Pick a tweet here and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Snydercut fans spent days spamming the HBO Max social media page in hopes for an announcement only to be met with TWO Berlanti projects and no Snydercut.

ResponsibleCompetentAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
VERY interested in both Green Lantern and Strange Adventures. $15 a month is way too much for me since I don't watch HBO shows, so I will subscribe for a month when one or both series' seasons are completed and watch them all together.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
As I said elsewhere, Geoff Johns has been working on the DC TV side, executive producing Titans, Doom Patrol, and Stargirl.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Green Lantern series is the result of the Green Lantern Corps film Johns was writing. Which means that's probably dead in terms of a theatrical film. Be interested to see the budget for the Max shows.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno how to feel about this.

Green Lantern deserves a good movie :(

But I'll still hope the show is as good as it can possibly be with an absolute wealth of source material to work with.

Hope the budget is there too.

Oct 25, 2017
As I said elsewhere, Geoff Johns has been working on the DC TV side, executive producing Titans, Doom Patrol, and Stargirl.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Green Lantern series is the result of the Green Lantern Corps film Johns was writing. Which means that's probably dead in terms of a theatrical film. Be interested to see the budget for the Max shows.

He's also EP-ing that new Supes + Lois show w/ Berlanti and Sarah Schecter.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not happy about it at all. i"m just tired of the fucking TV shows. Superman deserves a movie but nope another CW tV show. Green Lantern especially with what the could do with it deserves a movie but nope, a tv show.

At the end of the day I won't jump to conclusions but whatever, it is what it is.

Also fuck the OT as always.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would have loved to see that announcement just to see the reaction.

I also don't understand the need to dunk on people who want to see something. So many get so bent out of shape getting dunked on by Marvel fans, you'd think they would be above it. Yet, here we are.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

I also don't understand the need to dunk on people who want to see something. So many get so bent out of shape getting dunked on by Marvel fans, you'd think they would be above it. Yet, here we are.
If they didn't harass everyone who didn't love the Snyder Era movies then I would agree, but they do it constantly.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Probably got something to do with them harassing people over it and being toxic.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
It's cool that more DC stuff are coming, but I'm kind of disappointed that it's not a good old movie.
It's getting really hard to follow every DC Tv show (at least in france), Netflix has some rights, Scifi has some rights, Amazon Prime has some rights, OCS has some rights... It's a real pain, and it's way easier when it's a movie.
Everything about HBO is available on OCS in France, so at least there's hope that HBO Max will be the same, we'll see.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
At least DCU lives another day. On the other hand it will likely end up losing a lot of content when HBO Max is out. I'll still pay $5 a month for the comics even if they were to remove all the shows and movies.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm one of the few that prefers tv shows over movies at times. More likely to get massive arcs with tv rather than waiting years for it in the movies.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
You get massive arcs but the overall quality of the CW shows has been pretty shit. I don't mind me some DCU shows though.
I don't watch the CW stuff, basically everything but them. But I do come back for the crossovers. If the quality of the DCU is intact for these new max shows. I don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.