• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Snyder cut improves steppenwolf at all
So much of this film seems to have been outright cut out or reshot. What was left was action and even that I think was altered. Basically the heart and core story of the film was ripped out and changed. Steppenwolf and Cyborg being big parts of that it seems.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
So much of this film seems to have outright cut out or reshot. What was left was action and even that I think was altered. Basically the heart and core story of the film was ripped out and changed. Steppenwolf and Cyborg being big parts of that it seems.
I'm fine with more cyborg. I actually liked him

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently watching Succession and the reports of Jeremy Strong passing on Dent sucks.

I'm interested to see if Warner Bros tries to bury the Snyder Cut rumblings with some big DC news to start the week.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I just want to know if the alien invasion to destroy Earth happened in the middle of nowhere and nobody on Earth knew about it in Snyder's version. Because that was the dumbest shit. Villains meant to be more dangerous than Zod and they just come and go without being noticed.
I think Superman was going to kill some people in Snyder's Cut when he revived but otherwise nah, this cut isn't pure Snyder. He still had to tone down stuff after BvS, so no destroying entire cities.

Leunamus

May 18, 2019
HBOmax exclusive. Calling it now.
WB saw some very dedicated people and has apparently decided it can make money off of them. Will it pay off? We'll see.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, because there are some still doubting the existence of anything and it's still just a meme.
With all the actors getting involved, obviously there's something going on. Even if it is just a meme, this doesn't happen without the fans acting up the way they did.

At the end of the day, their action actually got something done despite so many people shitting on them. They just kept trundling along and here we are.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Greatest case scenario:

Snyder Cut drops

It's well received and leaves that era of DC films on a good note

Public interest generates

Aquaman 2 becomes Justice League: Thrones of Atlantis

Ben is Back

We all win

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Imma be so happy if the Snyder cut is good

Maybe David Ayer will get his cut too though I doubt it.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Greatest case scenario:

Snyder Cut drops

Ben is Back

We all win
That's like the worst case lmao. And we would we want a redux of Thrones of Atlantis when it was already used in Aquaman?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Greatest case scenario:

Snyder Cut drops

Ben is Back

We all win
If you think a JL movie that ends with Supes, Aquaman and Wondy beheading the bad guy was going to be received well... I don't know what to tell you.
You know it won't be received well. Only we will like it
This. Only Snyder fans will enjoy this.

Also Ben is not coming back. This is why WB is probably hesitant to release the Snyder Cut. It will only embolden more demands that they will not be willing at all to meet. They want to focus on Battison now.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even care if the Snyder cut is good. At this point I'll take a bad Snyder JL movie over whatever that abomination that released was.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
If you think a JL movie that ends with Supes, Aquaman and Wondy beheading the bad guy was going to be received well... I don't know what to tell you.
That's totally not a problem tho. No one would care if the movie is good. Well besides the odd nerd here or there, similar to the Nolan batman killing. rarely is it brought up cause the movies are well received. Similarly if the Reeves Batman kills, no one will care if the movie is good.

I think the scene with stepenwolf dieing has Aquaman stab him with his trident or w/e, launch him into the air, supes punches him across the battlefield, ww chops his head off.

All fine.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
WB just release it on HBO Max so the Snyder fans can move on with their lives and the rest of us don't have to hear from it anymore.

It's getting nauseating.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the cut is super fucking long. Like, it's not in theaters or anything, be 3-4 hours long please. Don't hold back. Give us EVERYTHING. What's the longest cut of a Snyder movie? I think one of the Watchmen cuts is like 3.5 hours isnt it?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
OH HELL YEAH

source.gif

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in comics:
I have no problem seeing the Snyder version of Justice League.

But I also don't want to give that insufferable contingent their win. Pick any Warner Bros-related tweet of the past months and you'll find the same thing.

Motherless Brooklyn: https://twitter.com/MotherlessBKLYN/status/1192849263920705536
Doctor Sleep: https://twitter.com/DoctorSleepFilm/status/1192962506861318144
Spirit Day: https://twitter.com/warnerbros/status/1184952988051230721
Diversity and inclusion programs: https://twitter.com/WarnerMediaGrp/status/1177275903308640256

Alas, it is what it is.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
The fanbase has spoken and to be quite honest, it's only gotten so crazy because WB tried to keep it all quiet and keep the fanbase hungry for answers and resolution. I can't believe I missed all the craziness this whole afternoon, but all I'm gonna say is that while I still do enjoy the theatrical version we got in 2017, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the original version of Justice League is %1000 better and will probably cement MoS and BvS as part of my favourite film trilogy ever.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
There is no good cut of JL that is good, only one that is longer . And honestly its time to move on . People really clamoring getting back to the days of BvS Skwad and JL when it was downright humiliating being a DC fan ? We are out of that hole with movies that are popular and critically acclaimed, why go crawling back in .
Anyway , bring back JL but replace Stevenwolf VFX model with Sonic's early design, thats how you sell HBOmax .

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the southern hemisphere so all this has happened during Sunday evening/Monday the first working day of the week.

I am really confused about the situation here I might be better off going on Twitter at this rate.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
There is no good cut of JL that is good, only one that is longer . And honestly its time to move on . People really clamoring getting back to the days of BvS Skwad and JL when it was downright humiliating being a DC fan ? We are out of that hole with movies that are popular and critically acclaimed, why go crawling back in.
Ignoring speculating whether the cut will be good or not, which doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, people thinking a potential release will somehow damage and change the course of the DCEU is an incorrect mindset. That ship has long sailed. Some people just want a version where his artistic integrity isn't heavily compromised and bring closure to these characters. It's that simple.

Believe it or not, I've read comments from people, often with an immigrant background, that his take on Superman resonated with them. That it inspired them or helped with their depressions. Same thing with Batman's road to redemption. Some prefer an idealized version of these characters, as you might have noticed in this forum bubble, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you have to realize this is just a small contingent of vocal, mostly white people. The rest has moved on already.

Shoddily produced original content gets released on streaming services all the time and are forgotten as time goes on. Why would this be any different?

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
For several reasons i'm interested in the Snyder Cut ; the aesthetic of the movie was butchered with the Joss version, the music, the scenarios, the actors also were not rewarded for their performances.
But most important is that this version should be useful for the DCEU, and that's where it's complicated.
I don't think a release on HBO Max would be useful, WB would need to go all in with this version and plan a re-release in theater with a big event. Chances that it will occur ? 0% but they would need to invest and polish the movie and make sure that it connects with the futur movies. Use it to launch the next batman, a new Superman futur, plan it as a new release for end of next year where there is nothing.

But is the Zack version really anchored in the vision of the futur of the DCEU ? We know it's not.
So even if they would release it on HBO Max, the message would be really strange and offsetted with the new direction.

But for sure, i'd love to see it, and i'm sure I would love it. MoS and BvS UC, are masterpieces for me. But if i'm a high WB executive planning for a real long term, why would I release something that would remind everyone the old plans, the old actors I want to replace.
I'm sure there are a lot of actors yesterday that tweeted their support because they want to see the "final" product, but more importantly just because it was the 2 year anniversary.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
But for sure, i'd love to see it, and i'm sure I would love it. MoS and BvS UC, are masterpieces for me. But if i'm a high WB executive planning for a real long term, why would I release something that would remind everyone the old plans, the old actors I want to replace.
WB is a division of WarnerMedia which is owned by AT&T. It's not a farfetched idea to assume the higher-ups at AT&T want to boost HBO Max after seeing the social media reactions. I mean, Amazon paid more than $200 million to get Top Gear on their streaming service. This by comparison is just a drop in the bucket.

Oct 25, 2017
Really weird to see my post as the one that gets dragged along in quotes hahah.

I stand by that position, by the way. Where else can a guy talk about potential DC movies?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I am bracing for my ban.

My only previous ban was for calling out manabyte for his shitty off site behaviour. Only for him to be banned for his offsite behaviour a few weeks later 😂

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
No to HBOMax exclusive. I want a 4K disc release day one if it happens. Maybe a limited theatre run first.
Ir they did release it I'm sure it would get a physical release even if it did get releasedon HBOMax. Looking at the sales of Man of Steel and BvS:UE they'd be crazy not to. I think those few days BvS: UE was in theaters it did very well too.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The top left poster is really nice.

say what you will about suicide squad but the marketing and posters for that movie were really cool. Kinda want that motif brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.