• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The systematic takedown of Wonder Woman around here has been fun to watch. Some folks on here and beyond truly HATE that general consensus says the movie is great. Like it really bothers them for some reason. I'm not gonna it's all fanboy bullshit because people are entitled to like what they like, but there's definitely some of that going on.
I'd agree there's a case to be made that it's overrated, but that case would be rich coming from any big MCU fans.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ETC comic book movie fandom lacks serious self awareness. Don't expect anything really. Just ignore and move on. the good thing is its usually the same gang of people who make the same topics. They also frequent the box office topics so they can kiss their own asses.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
EtcetEra's comic book movie tribalism is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on this forum alongside the police state moderation.
The saddest part is it wasn't always like this. Back on Gaf, I remember it started out as gentle ribbing but everyone being genuinely excited for all these movies. Then, I think around the year between the first Avengers and Man of Steel, it started to get really ugly. Now we're here where it's honestly impossible to have a decent conversation about these films outside of the dedicated Hangout threads.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The saddest part is it wasn't always like this. Back on Gaf, I remember it started out as gentle ribbing but everyone being genuinely excited for all these movies. Then, I think around the year between the first Avengers and Man of Steel, it started to get really ugly. Now we're here where it's honestly impossible to have a decent conversation about these films outside of the dedicated Hangout threads.
The BvS review thread was just pure toxicity. Worst of all, it was encouraged by the moderators.

Any chance of decent discussion of DCEU movies on this site died with that one thread, imho.

It's to the extent certain posters (I could even name drop a few) try and force another BvS level meltdown, most recently seen with Aquaman.

Shit SUCKS.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
What year is this?

I've been desensitized to this a long time ago. I just laugh at the absurd hyperbole to be honest and then the replies to the absurd hyperbole that adds nothing but a period to replicate an echo chamber.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
EtcetEra's comic book movie tribalism is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on this forum alongside the police state moderation.
Its always been odd to me that comic book films arent moderated the same way consoles are. Because at its core the same thing.

I just can't imagine people would freely be allowed to attack a creator over their work with such personal venom on gaming side that they are on that side.

And people use the mods as a weapon by goading people by being as passive aggressive as they can be so that they get a response that they can slam the report button with. All because they disagree with them over comic book films.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the people that have avenger under their username are easy ignores really. They always fill up those topics.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The BvS review thread was just pure toxicity. Worst of all, it was encouraged by the moderators.

Any chance of decent discussion of DCEU movies on this site died with that one thread, imho.

It's to the extent certain posters (I could even name drop a few) try and force another BvS level meltdown, most recently seen with Aquaman.

Shit SUCKS.
I remember the night Wonder Woman's embargo was lifting. There were people in the review thread waiting with baited breath for a low RT rating. Literally salivating at the thought of another BvS and Suicide Squad. Mind you, this was after early screenings for general audiences where many posters - myself included - were raving about how good the movie was.

Then that 97% hit on RT and refused to go down. A lot of those folks flat out left the thread. Others stayed and tried to start conspiracies about people taking it easy on the film because it was the first major female superhero flick or some other shit. Of course, there were also those who were just excited for the movie.

Those first two groups though? They populate every superhero movie thread and they are exhausting. It's not even a DCEU thing either. They make MCU threads a chore to read as well. Hell, I prefer talking about MCU movies in here over those threads. lol

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Holy shit, I've never even noticed the "Avenger" thing under usernames. How did people get those? Was that part of the Thanos bet?

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Well Vid Diesel's Bloodshot is coming next year, and thats bound to be good enough to heal this devided fandom and bring peace to the land .

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It's odd WB isn't giving much attention to The Kitchen. With three power house actresses, I'd think they'd let everyone know?

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
What is it that you feel is lacking?

Just... feels like no one knows this movie is coming. I would think they'd do a promo spree with Melissa, Tiffany and Elisabeth being everywhere. I've only seen Melissa on Jimmy Kimmel and that's it. The box office predictions have it at 11 million debut but I'm hoping it will succeed those numbers.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I got dusted in that bet.

tenor.gif

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Just... feels like no one knows this movie is coming. I would think they'd do a promo spree with Melissa, Tiffany and Elisabeth being everywhere. I've only seen Melissa on Jimmy Kimmel and that's it. The box office predictions have it at 11 million debut but I'm hoping it will succeed those numbers.
I mean. It's not a movie to set the boxoffice on fire. I imagine it will be well reviewed, but have at best decent numbers.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I'm hoping I can catch the kitchen In theatres. But i still need to see Hobbs and Shaw and I will be seeing scary stories to tell in the dark. And it really depends on what plays near me and for how long.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The systematic takedown of Wonder Woman around here has been fun to watch. Some folks on here and beyond truly HATE that general consensus says the movie is great. Like it really bothers them for some reason. I'm not gonna it's all fanboy bullshit because people are entitled to like what they like, but there's definitely some of that going on.
It's not "some reason" it's MCU fanboys who get all mad because DC managed to put out a good movie Post-Nolan lol. Really makes them seethe.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
No Catwoman in The Batman, she will just get in the way, WonderBat needs to come to the big screen, then they can revive JL Unlimited at the same time
Hot take: DCAU WW was fucking awful. Dini and Timm didn't get her at all and it really showed. I found their romance incredibly cringey most of the time, and the DCEU wasn't much better. Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most DCAU interpretations of the characters outside of the Batverse and street level heroes like Green Arrow and Question.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Trinity shipping is bad and y'all should feel bad.

Clark + Lois
Diana + Steve (or Etta if DC ever grows some balls)
Bruce + Gotham City

So it was written. So shall it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.