• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
266121723697430528.png

Do you ever get tired of your shtick
tumblr_lspto73PR71qbvn8yo4_250.gif

548961183231639555.png

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
DC TV is fine, the movies need to sort out Batman and Superman before we can really move on. Batman is already on track

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Why are we pretending that AT&T isn't fast tracking more DC properties as well for HBO Max.

We are getting Blue Beetle!

This forum is clapping for she hulk but give me Terry and I'll devolve to an obvious fanboy.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
They get Blue Beetle, Zatanna, and Batman Beyond off the ground and whew.

My whole wallet, brehs.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get some trailers or DC film news soon. Kinda feels as if WB is going out of their way to not step into the disnu spotlight over the last few months.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Comedian Steve Agee Joining James Gunn’s ‘Suicide Squad’ Gang

EXCLUSIVE: Deadline hears that comedian Steve Agee is boarding Warner Bros.’ James Gunn-directed sequel The Suicide Squad. We’re hearing buzz that Agee will provide the voiceover to super-villain King Shark, who is a humanoid. King Shark was created by Karl Kesel and made a brief cameo in...

We're hearing buzz that Agee will provide the voiceover to super-villain King Shark, who is a humanoid.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe at NYCC but right now WB is in no position to compete with the MCU and they know it so they're focused on rebuilding.
I kinda feel like WB should be more aggressive now than ever. This conservative, wait and see approach isn't very promising. Just thinking back to when BvS was announced Marvel was very reactionary. Feige knew that the hype was completely behind DC at the time so he did what he needed to do, announced that Captain America 2 would become CA: Civil War and introduced at least 2 new characters into the MCU in Spider-Man and Black Panther.

But of course BvS gets the criticism for having characters without them appearing in their own movies first. There is seriously competition behind the scenes even if the studios don't acknowledge it. Feige looks closely at what DC is doing and makes adjustments to benefit the MCU. I wish WB would also take the same approach.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I kinda feel like WB should be more aggressive now than ever. This conservative, wait and see approach isn't very promising. Just thinking back to when BvS was announced Marvel was very reactionary. Feige knew that the hype was completely behind DC at the time so he did what he needed to do, announced that Captain America 2 would become CA: Civil War and introduced at least 2 new characters into the MCU in Spider-Man and Black Panther.

But of course BvS gets the criticism for having characters without them appearing in their own movies first. There is seriously competition behind the scenes even if the studios don't acknowledge it. Feige looks closely at what DC is doing and makes adjustments to benefit the MCU. I wish WB would also take the same approach.
They're not ready. Reeves would walk if they tried to push him. Patty would walk too. WB doesn't have the system in place that Marvel Studios does and frankly they never will. That's the downside of being "director driven" it leaves you at the mercy of the directors.

Right now they're slowly rebuilding the brand after the wreckage of the Snyderverse. Frankly they won't be in any position to compete with Marvel until they get the core Leaguers all figured out, and that's not happening any time soon given the status of GLC, Superman, and maybe Flash depending on when that shit actually gets off the ground. Another JL movie isn't coming until 2023 at the earliest.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
They're not ready. Reeves would walk if they tried to push him. Patty would walk too. WB doesn't have the system in place that Marvel Studios does and frankly they never will. That's the downside of being "director driven" it leaves you at the mercy of the directors.

Right now they're slowly rebuilding the brand after the wreckage of the Snyderverse. Frankly they won't be in any position to compete with Marvel until they get the core Leaguers all figured out, and that's not happening any time soon given the status of GLC, Superman, and maybe Flash depending on when that shit actually gets off the ground. Another JL movie isn't coming until 2023 at the earliest.
I think it's time to start throwing money at the problem, it's how Disney does it. Write out checks to everyone. That's what I would do as CEO.

Hire me WB!

Also that's true, we wont be seeing a new JL movie for a while. I think 2023 would be best case scenario.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all spend too much time worrying and being sad.

Here's the deal: WB needs franchises. Regardless of how some DC films faltered, they will keep hammering at that anvil until they have a goddamn sword, because they own it without the need for partnerships. They're on the upswing in cinemas. The CW stuff as fallen off for me, but is still quite popular. And the DC TV stuff will gain more visibility once HBO Max launches.

It'll be okay. You ain't gotta put down other films and shows, or compare the DC stuff negatively. It's all good stuff. Great time to be a comic loving nerd. Hell, The Boys turned out good, and that comics was 90s trash.

And as I said long ago, Joker gonna blow up. Maybe not Venom big, but $500m on its budget is all money, folks.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Here's the deal: WB needs franchises. Regardless of how some DC films faltered, they will keep hammering at that anvil until they have a goddamn sword, because they own it without the need for partnerships. They're on the upswing in cinemas. The CW stuff as fallen off for me, but is still quite popular. And the DC TV stuff will gain more visibility once HBO Max launches.

It'll be okay. You ain't gotta put down other films and shows, or compare the DC stuff negatively. It's all good stuff. Great time to be a comic loving nerd. Hell, The Boys turned out good, and that comics was 90s trash.

And as I said long ago, Joker gonna blow up. Maybe not Venom big, but $500m on its budget is all money, folks.
giphy.gif

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

A much needed dose of wisdom right here

Count me in for thinking Joker will explode. Even my friends who couldn't care less about comic flicks are hyping it up

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
I always took it as a funny thing, but it's getting worse, you really can't discuss anything DC related anymore around here, can't even be excited for a trailer without trolls coming to ruin your fun

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Just keep the DC talk in here, OT is a lost cause until mods do something about DC trolling or wait until the DCEU have been rebuilt.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I dont even go in OT DC threads most of the time.

It's a policy I've maintained since we were on the old forums and one that I've generally stuck to. Lately I bounced out of any and all Joker movie threads after that initial trailer dropped and some people decided for themselves that the film was definitely going to be a 2-hour long incel fantasy that would incite mass shootings.

I swear some people around here just live on Era 24/7 and never go outside.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
A much needed dose of wisdom right here

Count me in for thinking Joker will explode. Even my friends who couldn't care less about comic flicks are hyping it up
Same. I have a few friends who either don't care about superhero movies or watch them casually sometime down the line on Netflix tell me (rather than the other way around lol) that they're really looking forward to Joker.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Joker's superficial similiarity to Taxi driver got the film-bro crowd locked in tight . Cant see it failing really .

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think Watchmen has some interesting themes going on as an alternative history period piece set during the Cold War. There are some gravy iconographic shots that are absent from the graphic novel that encapsulates the ugly side of American history during the 50s, 60s and 70s. Sure, Zack doesn't lay it thick, but it doesn't have to be because it's a comic book movie foremost. I wish more capeflicks have something to say that reflects and perhaps critiques current society.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The birth of dr Manhattan is one of the best scenes in any movie.

"I feel fear for the last time", goddamn yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.