• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like some of the reported roles of the new cast members - including from the reputable sources - are wrong:

Oct 25, 2017
New?
birds-of-prey-black-canary-harley-quinn-huntress-covers.jpg

BIRDSOFPREY-BLACKCANARY-CYMK.jpg
BIRDSOFPREY-HUNTRESS-CYMK.jpg

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People still out here thinking they're gonna put Pattinson on the mega roid cycle? Better be prepared for detective Bats with him and Reeves being involved.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished reading Supergirl: Being Super...

They should totally adapt it for film, and it perfectly sets up a way to reintroduce Superman :D

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
As I said in the other thread... good idea, poor execution. The bird people needed to be more separated out to appear like they're actually flying around her head and not just photoshop cut and paste jobs.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Bad execution yeah, but I like everything else but the floating people.

Just got my ticket for Joker on October 3 as well!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
How do you know if the execution is the intent?
I showed this to some co-workers that have worked on promo material for movies before and they said the same thing. The lack of drop shadows and any sort of separation between Harley and the others is due to contract bullshit. There's rules about what's allowed to happen to certain actors image on posters. They didn't want a bunch of shadows all over Margot's face and they don't take pics of all the actors with a set theme in mind so they grab what they have available. It's really fascinating stuff regarding all the behind the scenes rules.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I like the idea of the poster, but it just looks cheaply made. The birds should be above Harley's head like in a Looney Tunes cartoon

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems that poster is working for pretty much everyone outside of this forum
Are you like surprised? When it comes to DC here, they always make sure they over analyze every little stupid detail so they can say some bullshit. How many people have already said the movie will be bad? Or the dumbass that said that DC hasnt released any good movie in 5 years.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Are you like surprised? When it comes to DC here, they always make sure they over analyze every little stupid detail so they can say some bullshit. How many people have already said the movie will be bad? Or the dumbass that said that DC hasnt released any good movie in 5 years.
I wouldn't go that far. I mean we've ribbed on Marvel posters in the past, but if feels like they've written this off based on the poster/aesthetic so far. We're at the point where people are acting like they didn't like the Suicide Squad marketing and aesthetic just because the movie sucked.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't go that far. I mean we've ribbed on Marvel posters in the past, but if feels like they've written this off based on the poster/aesthetic so far. We're at the point where people are acting like they didn't like the Suicide Squad marketing and aesthetic just because the movie sucked.

The suicide squad marketing was the best by far. Thats why the movie did as well as it did. Thats kind of what im saying. Becasue SS was bad and this is marketing like that so obviously this will be bad too.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Poster looks good to me. Its eye catching and stands out and that's what you want. I guarantee this stands out to people in a good way in theatres as they walk by.

Reminds me of everyone trying to rip apart the aquaman poster that also was good because it used stock images of fish or something.

I like it.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poster looks good to me. Its eye catching and stands out and that's what you want. I guarantee this stands out to people in a good way in theatres as they walk by.

Reminds me of everyone trying to rip apart the aquaman poster that also was good because it used stock images of fish or something.

I like it.

I definitely remember that part too. They probably should have gone to the ocean to take pictures of fish and sharks.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Hell fucking no,this BoP(and rumored GCS) definitely need to interact with Batman and nem. Or what's the fucking point. Might as well have shut it all down.

I hope Reeves left fields this and goes with a non-traditional/artsy vibe for Batman. I hope he isn't a slave to the source material or I may just have to skip the theaters on those.

I'm so excited for the for virtually all the upcoming DC movies. It's really a good time brehs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.