• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I reiterate we're getting the fucking Eternals and Shang Chi, but yes how about more Batman.

Give me a fucking Sword of the Atom film

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
You joke about Gaslight but man I would be fucking down for that.

I watched Bloodlines earlier, not bad. Not a patch on that Wonder Woman Animated flick from a few years back.
I thought it was alright myself. I was hoping that WB would give the animation team a higher budget after Spider-Verse so they could make better products for DC Universe. Doesn't look like that's happening.
The way things are going the next JL will be Batman: Justice League
Wasn't that already pretty much the DCEU JL? He was the founder, the one recruiting everyone.
It isn't Batmans fault he is so much better than Superman as a character with much better supporting characters, villains and stories.
Yet the DCEU was saved by Aquaman and Wonder Woman while Batman had to get totally rebooted. Makes you think. Also the DCAMU was the Batman Animated Universe until relatively recently and it sucked ass. It took a good Superman animated movie to get people interested again and Reign of the Supermen apparently has a higher amount of viewers than Hush. Batman isn't a magic band-aid you can slap on shit product to magically make better. I would agree with you that Batman has the best Rogues Gallery and a higher amount of quality stories than any other hero (although Supes is right behind him). Can't agree about the supporting cast though, because I don't count the immediate Batfamily (same way I don't see Miles or Kara as supporting cast) as supporting characters, and outside of them only Alfred really impresses me. Spidey and Supes have the best supporting casts imo.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was alright myself. I was hoping that WB would give the animation team a higher budget after Spider-Verse so they could make better products for DC Universe. Doesn't look like that's happening.

Wasn't that already pretty much the DCEU JL? He was the founder, the one recruiting everyone.

Yet the DCEU was saved by Aquaman and Wonder Woman while Batman had to get totally rebooted. Makes you think. Also the DCAMU was the Batman Animated Universe until relatively recently and it sucked ass. It took a good Superman animated movie to get people interested again and Reign of the Supermen apparently has a higher amount of viewers than Hush. Batman isn't a magic band-aid you can slap on shit product to magically make better.
Who gives a DTV team a higher budget in this economy?!

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
That's what the actual film animation division is for. Not DTV movies lmao
Man I'm not asking for 10 million $ budgets, I just want WB to raise the budget back to what it was for stuff like UTRH. What's the film animation division even up to these days, feels like the last high profile release we got from them was LEGO Batman.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm not asking for 10 million $ budgets, I just want WB to raise the budget back to what it was for stuff like UTRH. What's the film animation division even up to these days, feels like the last high profile release we got from them was LEGO Batman.
The profits don't justify a "budget" increase. And Lego Movie 2 just came out this year.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
That latest Joker thread went straight to the ignore pile
Oh my God lmaooooo. Those quoted sections of the article are like, mostly assumptions. How dare a movie that is set in a fictional universe not address all the modern politicial points that the author wanted it to. That ending paragraph had me rolling 😂

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Like, opening up the article with the central park five. That is genuinely absurd.

Just grasping for straws, this fucking movie is driving people nuts lmao

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The profits don't justify a "budget" increase. And Lego Movie 2 just came out this year.
Oh damn that's right. I forgot about that with all the CBM coming out. I know the DTV's don't bring in a lot of money, but I was hoping that WB would adopt the mindset of MS where even if the movie/game itself isn't a huge seller, it adds value to the subscription service by expanding the catalog.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This movie has made the people talking so much shit about it double down instead of saying "hey, I was wrong, my bad" I feel like the OT will stay afloat in the first page for quite a while. Joker is making people go nuts and say crazy shit lol

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This movie has made the people talking so much shit about it double down instead of saying "hey, I was wrong, my bad" I feel like the OT will stay afloat in the first page for quite a while. Joker is making people go nuts and say crazy shit lol
It's beyond absurd how much this film has brought out so much irrational hatred for it's existence. The media was all but hoping for a public tragedy to occur this weekend to justify the narrative that they continued to push for weeks. Absolutely disgusting.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
It's beyond absurd how much this film has brought out so much irrational hatred for it's existence. The media was all but hoping for a public tragedy to occur this weekend to justify the narrative that they continued to push for weeks. Absolutely disgusting.
Time will tell where this movie stands in history. It will either be accepted or be a problematic piece of media, like Fight Club. Personally, I don't think this movie will be looked back on with fondness once the DCEU gets enough good movies under it's belt.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Fight club was always destined to be a cult film and still stands that way. Adore that film personally. Rare time where a film blows the book away.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joker was a high quality masterpiece. Every millisecond was a classy art. The greatest thing from DC since The Dark Knight. We need more Black Label type of shits, thats the true quality of the DC. Todd Phillips and fucking Joaquin Phoenix gave a nice lesson and opened awesome way.

I'm dying for Reeves' Batman now.

Last edited:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
did we know before joker came out that were paying a pedo for use of the song rock and roll part 2?

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
They should have used a led zeppelin song. There's no way any of those guys were pedos....oh....oh wait.

But nah that musical choice came out of nowhere but I think it worked for what's intentions were. Gary Glitter is gross though and maybe they should have used something else. The cynic in me think they probably got it cheap or maybe Todd was clumsily using it because of story reasons.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed intentional imo considering when it played.

Anyway I really want a hard r-rated John Constantine movie. Loved Keanu's but want a comic accurate actor.

Last edited:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Who would have guessed that the guy who did the hangover would get the joker.

Why not have more villain movies, DC has such a rich cast of characters, heroes and villains. Now I'm not clamoring for a Dent movie, but shit, I didn't want a joker movie and it was brilliant, so maybe going in that direction wouldn't be a bad thing.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love more stuff like Joker but I also want more goofy stuff like Aquaman and Shazam. That Trench horror spin-off sounded awesome but haven't heard anything about it for a while.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Yes variety is the spice of life. Like I said, the DC animated blue print is what they need to follow. Two canon films and 2 else worlds per year.

Start thinking about cross over in 3 or 4 years once the dust has settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.