• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Try hard
Pretentious
Yikes
Edgy
Oof

I feel like you can easily set up a bingo card for posters in Resetera on what they will say.

Oct 25, 2017
Joker being a success was expected, the real surprise for me is Joaquin being down for a sequel apparently. Never thought a Joker trilogy would be a possibility

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I love how so many people are criticising Joker for "not being as smart as it thinks it is". It just comes across as so pretentious and insecure lol.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds terrible

Lois Lane married to lex. Seemingly no clark

I'll still see it but shouldn't we get Superman right before anything like that

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Grain of salt, but exactly the kind of project you should expect when they do more.

God I've wanted President Lex on the big screen for so long and right now is the perfect time for it (although Lex is supposed to be intelligent unlike Trump so I hope they'd give him a little more nuance).
That sounds terrible

Lois Lane married to lex. Seemingly no clark

I'll still see it but shouldn't we get Superman right before anything like that
What if the twist is it takes place in the Red Son universe?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God I've wanted President Lex on the big screen for so long and right now is the perfect time for it (although Lex is supposed to be intelligent unlike Trump so I hope they'd give him a little more nuance).

What if the twist is it takes place in the Red Son universe?

I actually thought that since there were rumors of a red son film.

President could be intresting, but a lot of the appeal is the lex becomes president in a universe with Superheroes.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Grain of salt, but exactly the kind of project you should expect when they do more.

They keep mentioning the DCEU but none of that would fit. Would work better as a stand-alone film like Joker.

I mean, I see the value but I'm not keen on series or movies that take place in superhero properties but don't contain the superhero. Things like Gotham, Alfred, Krypton and even Joker. All of these are well produced and I like what I've seen of them so far... but I don't like being cock teased. Enough is enough. They even tried launching a series about insurance employees in the DC universe.

Would love an actual Batman series a la Titans.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They keep mentioning the DCEU but none of that would fit. Would work better as a stand-alone film like Joker.

I mean, I see the value but I'm not keen on series or movies that take place in superhero properties but don't contain the superhero. Things like Gotham, Alfred, Krypton and even Joker. All of these are well produced and I like what I've seen of them so far... but I don't like being cock teased. Enough is enough. They even tried launching a series about insurance employees in the DC universe.

Would love an actual Batman series a la Titans.

I give Krypton a pass, but even Gotham and Smallville essentially became superhero shows by the end of their run.

Anywho I'm expecting WB to learn the wrong lessons from Joker

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I give Krypton a pass, but even Gotham and Smallville essentially became superhero shows by the end of their run.

Anywho I'm expecting WB to learn the wrong lessons from Joker
Don't get me started on Smallville. Hated that series with a passion.

As for Gotham, I hated waiting to see Batman. Series had plenty of action and there's lots of pulpy stories to tell before Batman arrives but then they end the series right after he shows up on the scene. With how perfectly they captured Gotham, they should have just done a damn Batman series.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me started on Smallville. Hated that series with a passion.

As for Gotham, I hated waiting to see Batman. Series had plenty of action and there's lots of pulpy stories to tell before Batman arrives but then they end the series right after he shows up on the scene. With how perfectly they captured Gotham, they should have just done a damn Batman series.

smallville was my jam growing up, but the last three seasons being a superhero show but he's the Blur instead of Superman was dumb

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so my date for the evening got up and left before the movie even started and i still have 0 clue why

But

Jesus christ, what a movie.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Every day another Joker thread with a new angle. Shit is comical.

It's happening! People are smoking!

Last edited:

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Every day another Joker thread with a new angle. Shit is comical.
Beyond so lol.

I wonder what the next "bombshell" will be. Maybe a new think piece?

"Actually the joker movie is pro 1%/Republican and here's why"

"The joker movie could have cured cancer patients but instead turns people into dinosaurs"

"Actually the joker movie, actually. Actually. Actually"

"Todd Philips cheated off my test in college and no one seems to care. Some society we live in *takes drag of cigarette*"

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say as an ex-smoker this flick gave me cravings in the theater. Happens sometimes even after 10+ years. I think I quit around the time Mad Men first started airing. That was rough lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.