• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I think what Mamoa meant is specifically crossovers. She asked if we would see Aquaman cat woman and Batman together, and he says probably not. "They're gonna do their thing and I'm gonna do my thing". It doesn't mean there's no DCEU.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Shazam was able to have callbacks and references to the prior DCEU movies without having to make it an obvious story or plot point. If that's all we get for a few years, then I'd be happy with that.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and I responded as such. None of these films will cross over again for a long time. The "DCEU" is effectively dead.

giphy.gif

Really? Shazam managed to do it organically. What's a long time to you? 3 years? 5?

Where's this guy? Bring him back:
Hell fucking no,this BoP(and rumored GCS) definitely need to interact with Batman and nem. Or what's the fucking point. Might as well have shut it all down.

I hope Reeves left fields this and goes with a non-traditional/artsy vibe for Batman. I hope he isn't a slave to the source material or I may just have to skip the theaters on those.

I'm so excited for the for virtually all the upcoming DC movies. It's really a good time brehs.

Gal gadot and Zachary Levi recognized the name and even called it that.

I forgot about that. Doesn't matter now according to Mr. Kill My Dreams up there.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Welcome back. Idk if they're gonna let you come back next time lol.
Haha. I'd state my opinion on the matter but I'd probably get in trouble for it. But Thank you.

I'll be try to be on my best behaviour.

Aka dont express opinions that go against the grain of what the majority here think. 😶

Side Note ~

I know it's not DC but Bloodshot looked far better than I thought it would. The trailer was legitimately good for me.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
His chance to be Joker was bastardised by terrible editing and shitty costume choices. He hardly got a chance to show what he was made of. Now everyone shits on him and he didn't really do anything.
Agreed. I will say this though. All of his scenes in SS felt like skits and acting exercises. Like Ayer didnt have a firm grasp on what he wanted from the character in the story other than the design. So its just a random assortment of scenes.

Waste of potential.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I will say this though. All of his scenes in SS felt like skits and acting exercises. Like Ayer didnt have a firm grasp on what he wanted from the character in the story other than the design. So its just a random assortment of scenes.

Waste of potential.
To be fair though, Ayer had like what, 6 weeks to write the script? Meanwhile Batman's been in production for years. I'd say both WB and Ayer deserves blame.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
To be fair though, Ayer had like what, 6 weeks to write the script? Meanwhile Batman's been in production for years. I'd say both WB and Ayer deserves blame.
That and completely butchering whatever Ayer was going for in editing. Not that I think his original version was going to be some masterpiece. Even he admits he screwed up not making Joker the antagonist.

I like Ayer, but he has always been inconsistent. Still, I've always dug his style even if the movies aren't always great. It's funny seeing people pretend they weren't excited about SS, and his style being one of the major reasons. I'm glad BOP is leaning into it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ayer is dicey but his thing with gangsters in all of his movies is getting tired.

I wasn't surprised to see the troll being a gang leader in bright.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Joker last night. It was very good but it had a slow start. It helps that it's so pretty and shot so well and Phoenix acted his ass off. Really good movie.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Should be getting more Batman casting news soon. We're kinda running out of time if this thing starts production in January, especially if you factor in time off over the holiday period.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
How long did it take to get your account verified? I remember mine was verified within a couple of hours I was surprised.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Took me a day or so. I thought verification was only going to take a few hours so I stayed up waiting to get verified but it didn't happen haha

I woke up the next day and noticed I was verified.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome back Draper and welcome Vullein070.

Good to know that there is another insider here, I wonder what happened to Bus-tee

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Im cracking up at all the "remove todd phillips" posts around Joker sequel talk.

Todd Phillips is 100% going to be the new punching bag/Zack Snyder figure for certain types( media and otherwise) and they will actively try to derail his career just watch. Won't be long until we get the Todd is alt right/nazi narrative like Zack gets.

Looking forward to WB giving him carte blanche for whatever he wants to do.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Took me a day or so. I thought verification was only going to take a few hours so I stayed up waiting to get verified but it didn't happen haha

I woke up the next day and noticed I was verified.
Welcome to the site. You'll realize this is the best place to talk about DC topics because the OT is extremely biased towards the mcu and hate everything dc relating to film

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Im cracking up at all the "remove todd phillips" posts around Joker sequel talk.

Todd Phillips is 100% going to be the new punching bag/Zack Snyder figure for certain types( media and otherwise) and they will actively try to derail his career just watch. Won't be long until we get the Todd is alt right/nazi narrative like Zack gets.

Looking forward to WB giving him carte blanche for whatever he wants to do.
Lmao that will never happen. The dudes the reason the movie was so successful. He probably can do whatever project he wants going forward

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Off topic, but I'm starting to think that Netflix original films may need studio interference

Last edited:

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
*fixed

It seems that great directors are doing less than great work outside of the studio system, and the freedom the Netflix offers isn't a good thing.
Ah edit makes more sense.

It is a fair point. Netflix pretty much stripped away the power of the producer in a way.

I'm of the mind that a lot of their projects are just scripts that the film makers liked and are trying to get made but studios know are stinkers and avoid but Netflix is happy to just have a name and so they fund it with no eye for quality assurance.

I dont know if you remember a studio called Franchise Pictures but they are now defunct. Their speciality was making passion/pet projects for actors and directors. Needless to say they blessed us with such films as Battlefield Earth and Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever. Netflix seems to have followed that path on some real stinkers.

To me Netflix was just throwing out cash for names and they didnt give a shit about the actual product. Not to say they havent delivered some great stuff.

But they are a relatively young company so maybe they will be more discerning in the future or will seek a guiding hand.

One part of me likes the unhinged creative freedom they give though for better or worse. I'm also morbidly curious if Snyder goes nuts with no push back.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, my account got verified.

Ayy Ross62, I didn't get my info from Thomas Polito or his "cohorts".
Welcome! We have a discord too but we're a little crazy.
*fixed

It seems that great directors are doing less than great work outside of the studio system, and the freedom the Netflix offers isn't a good thing.
I've noticed their movies have been more miss than hits. I don't know if that's because their producers don't reign them in... or if the creatives don't push themselves as hard because it's Netflix/streaming.

Maybe the Irishman will tip the scales?

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I've been a fan of the last few netflix original movies I've seen. Triple Frontier was pretty good and I just watched the king yesterday which I thought was very good. I'm interested to see 6 Underground and then Army of the Dead next year hopefully

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the King and it was fine, but I agree with someone in the OT who said it felt like a recap of a season long show.

At this point, Netflix needs a serious injection of quality. I feel like a lot of the movies left on the service are the equivalent of SyFy originals. There are some good shows, but they're becoming fewer and further between. Their film output has been average at best. It's only going to get worse with Disney and WB entering the space.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I watched the King and it was fine, but I agree with someone in the OT who said it felt like a recap of a season long show.

At this point, Netflix needs a serious injection of quality. I feel like a lot of the movies left on the service are the equivalent of SyFy originals. There are some good shows, but they're becoming fewer and further between. Their film output has been average at best. It's only going to get worse with Disney and WB entering the space.
I felt like it dragged a bit in some parts but overall I think it was a very well directed film. I agree though Netflix needs to step it up with the quality of their shows and movies with Disney plus and HBO max approaching.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I enjoyed Bright. Sue me.

Also this.
I thought bright was good too, I liked the elves and that the wand was a WMD.

Ayer fucked up by taking away jokers eyebrows and giving him a face tattoo. In a perfect world joker would've been an unpredictable force hunting the squad, enchantress was a wack villain and above captain boomerangs pay grade lol.

Would still like to see leto's joker comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.