• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I thought bright was good too, I liked the elves and that the wand was a WMD.

Ayer fucked up by taking away jokers eyebrows and giving him a face tattoo. In a perfect world joker would've been an unpredictable force hunting the squad, enchantress was a wack villain and above captain boomerangs pay grade lol.

Would still like to see leto's joker comeback.
Joker as the antagonist makes much more sense for the level the squad was. You could have had him being unpredictable and playing the squad against each other the whole film playing mind games. Testing Harley the whole film with her choosing them over him at the end and being instrumental in his defeat.

Have it take place at roughly the same time as Justice League to explain why Batman was busy. Joker being a test run for their capabilities for Waller.

Sigh.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Joker and his gang basically going to war with the prison where Harley was being held woulda been neat, she wasn't in the squad but she helps out shows she's useful and is drafted for the next mission.

the squads mission was basically acting as security and they could interacted with even more villains in Prison.

Oct 25, 2017
Im cracking up at all the "remove todd phillips" posts around Joker sequel talk.

Todd Phillips is 100% going to be the new punching bag/Zack Snyder figure for certain types( media and otherwise) and they will actively try to derail his career just watch. Won't be long until we get the Todd is alt right/nazi narrative like Zack gets.

Looking forward to WB giving him carte blanche for whatever he wants to do.

Yeah, he's not going anywhere. Even if they wanted to get rid of him - WB's not jettisoning a director who's likely just delivered their second billion dollar DC movie within a calendar year. If/when DC Black Label gets rolling, he's going to be a part of that.

Nov 13, 2017
New, unreleased still from Suicide Squad. The original movie is far more interesting to me than what the Snyder Cut could be.

Free idea: When WB announces that HBO Max will absorb DC Universe, also announce that they are recutting Suicide Squad and Justice League as "What If..." movies, with their original intended cuts. It would be cheaper than producing a new movie from scratch for the platform and would go a long way to getting fan support back up.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Free idea: When WB announces that HBO Max will absorb DC Universe, also announce that they are recutting Suicide Squad and Justice League as "What If..." movies, with their original intended cuts. It would be cheaper than producing a new movie from scratch for the platform and would go a long way to getting fan support back up.
But... Jason Momoa saw the cut and said it's finished...

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
New, unreleased still from Suicide Squad. The original movie is far more interesting to me than what the Snyder Cut could be.

So is he confirming what we already know: the core of the movie was changed after the fact? If so, it's a very nice way of saying it lol.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Jared and Margot pretty much did say there's enough footage they shot together alone to make a movie lol https://youtu.be/z1zFAsgLz9Y

I thought it was a tad exaggerated but I guess not based off Ayer's take on the studio changing his vision after the fact.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think any amount of cutting could save Justice League.
Suicide Squard could maybe be improved. But again I don't think its worth improving a terrible movie into a medicocre one.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not, also ezra ain't even old!
With Fantastic Beast set to film in spring, a Flash film likely wouldn't even begin filming until early 2021. With the way they are doing post with most of these films, it'd likely be a 2023 release. It'd be six years since he was last seen as The Flash. It's not even worth the effort now to continue with him.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Ezra Miller was announced as the Flash in 2014. Since then the climate around that movie has changed more times than I can count. It might be time to stop trying and go back to the start.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No reason why he cant work on both. At best Flash is being written now. I'd rather they keep him as he's fantastic.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
They could shoot Flash next summer/fall and Ezra would be fine. At most, he's on set for FB3 for 3 months with time slotted in for reshoots and pickups later in the year which they would work out with his Flash commitment. A Flash movie could come out in 2021 if they really wanted it to, but it won't cause of Batman and SS2 in June and August.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i think they will either recast or change the tone of the Flash movie, time moves too fast and movie production slow

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Have to resist all urge not to post in that Lindsay Ellis thread.

Since bringing up the fact she was gross for "joking" that Zack Snyder hates his dead mother got me banned.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Because both Flash and Fantastic Beasts are WB movies I figured there should be a way for the management and production teams to work around Ezra's filming schedule. At this point I'm expecting him not to require too many shooting days for the latter, though we'll see how Andre decides to go through the steps of pre-production.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Ezra at it again... He must be blackmailing WB with something. It's clear that he doesnt give a shit about making a flash movie so he might as well just call it quits and let someone else take over the role.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know Ezra controls when FB3 shoots. That's some power, maybe he can give us the Snyder Cur.
584059208899756078.png

But he does dammit.

He probably the one that runs WB and has dirt on the AT&T CEO. He's pulling all those strings.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, as it's been for the last few years it stands to reason WB would want to prioritize the greenlighting and quick production of DC films, if their domestic and international box office leaders are any indication.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, as it's been for the last few years it stands to reason WB would want to prioritize the greenlighting and quick production of DC films, if their domestic and international box office leaders are any indication.
It's why I'm still kinda side eyeing them. Yes, I believe DC movies are in a better spot than three years ago. The audience obviously likes DC movies when done right. They are either box office hits (Aquaman), critical hits (Shazam) or both (Joker).

Seeing how people liked them and responded by buying tickets, why is it taking so long to pump out more? Why is it that we get next to no news from WB? Are they still trying to figure shit out or do they have a plan?

Any fucking communication would be nice.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Because one brand can't be the only money maker for one the biggest film studio in the world, and the last time they pumped more out like a machine we got in the situation we're in now.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
If there aren't 3 DC movies in 2022, then they have failed. We know we're getting Aquaman and that's it. So give us Superman, Flash, and Batgirl as well.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
They should be pumping out singe movies for a few years and build up to a real justice league but also make stuff like joker or red son and build a multiverse

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I think 2-3 "DCEU" movies a year should do it. Yes, I agree Ooopsklo, single character focused movies are a must. They've started that and have found success in it. But these movies need to make it known, subtlety and/or organically, that these movies are apart of the same world. Batman included. I can deal with not having a Justice League for a while if they can make that happen. The question is, can they make that happen?

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I think 2-3 "DCEU" movies a year should do it. Yes, I agree Ooopsklo, single character focused movies are a must. They've started that and have found success in it. But these movies need to make it known, subtlety and/or organically, that these movies are apart of the same world. Batman included. I can deal with not having a Justice League for a while if they can make that happen. The question is, can they make that happen?
Hopefully they do even if it's just like how Shazam did it with Superman barely being there. They need to beat Disney to the punch on the multiverse stuff. Disney got to the team up first with avengers now dc can one up them. Though it will need to takes its time to organically work which is why I feel Disney might do it first. I think dc is tipping its toes in the pool with the cw crisis on infinite earths to see if it could work. But any who I just want more movies. Dc could be swimming in all that mcu cash.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
With New Line helping to produce, I do think WB could start bringing out a few more superhero films starting in 2022 since Shazam 2 and Black Adam will be under the former's purview. They could even produce more lower budget unconnected DC movies like the rumored Zatanna or Blue Beetle projects. Personally, I still think the best plan is to set up different silos of film universes under different production companies (like Legendary and the aforementioned New Line) and have them cross over in some sort of Crisis event.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It's why I'm still kinda side eyeing them. Yes, I believe DC movies are in a better spot than three years ago. The audience obviously likes DC movies when done right. They are either box office hits (Aquaman), critical hits (Shazam) or both (Joker).

Seeing how people liked them and responded by buying tickets, why is it taking so long to pump out more? Why is it that we get next to no news from WB? Are they still trying to figure shit out or do they have a plan?

Any fucking communication would be nice.
Their plan is pretty much "let the directors we trust do what they want." There's no Feige figure at WB setting up a 5 year plan for the DCEU.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
With New Line helping to produce, I do think WB could start bringing out a few more superhero films starting in 2022 since Shazam 2 and Black Adam will be under the former's purview. They could even produce more lower budget unconnected DC movies like the rumored Zatanna or Blue Beetle projects. Personally, I still think the best plan is to set up different silos of film universes under different production companies (like Legendary and the aforementioned New Line) and have them cross over in some sort of Crisis event.
This is what they should aim for but who the hell knows with wb. Even Zach Snyder had a plan they just need to make another one and this time a little smarter

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The rock and jason momoa are boys with cavill, I know they'll fight to keep him around.

enter a hopeful yet delusional sad emoji here.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So the rumors that Scorsese was on Joker were true, but he passed because of Fleck becoming the Joker, which is comic booky.

Scorsese added another reason he was turned off by "Joker" was the film's inevitable narrative arc. The "Joker" script finds a downtrodden clown-for-hire and failed stand-up comedian named Arthur Fleck transforming into the Joker super-villain after embracing violent acts and upending authority. Scorsese appears to be interested in Arthur's life but not Joker's.

"For me, ultimately, I don't know if I make the next step into this character developing into a comic book character," Scorsese said. "You follow? He develops into an abstraction. It doesn't mean it's bad art, it's just not for me…The superhero films, as I've said, are another art form. They are not easy to make. There's a lot of very talented people doing good work and a lot of young people really, really enjoy them."

Status
Not open for further replies.