• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Colin Farrell is probably one of the actors I like the most, he steals all the scenes he is in, so they just made me excited about Penguin who I haven't been feeling.

And as much as I love Andy Serkis, I just can't picture him as Alfred.

Honestly I see Andy more in the Penguin role, than Colin.

Last edited:

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
So how is Andy going to have time to direct venom 2 and star in the batman at the same time? Because Venom is supposed to come out next October but it hasnt started shooting yet

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The Batman really punching high with these high caliber castings, you love to see it .
I also hope its a sign of a strong script that helps people to commit to such project.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Serkis is a really interesting choice. I think it's really inspired, he's a genuinely great actor that I feel is somewhat understimated and underrated. Same goes for Farrell; I wonder if they're going to make him have the overall Penguin look at all or if they'll play it straight.

In any case, I really, really need this Gotham to be a dark place filled to the brim with different gangs and crime families beyond the usual villains. Make nights in Gotham to be incredibly rich in terms of the characters you find.

Are we expecting WB to show off the Batsuit come January? It's always better to have it look as good as you can outside of a trailer than having people base their first impressions on leaked pictures during filming.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Given the casting of Colin Farell, I wonder if they're doing something closer to the Telltale Batman version. A criminal from a family that had old money and lost it.

UnnaturalOldfashionedEquine-size_restricted.gif

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Thats pretty nice. It was hard for me to picture him as the Penguin but I can see it now.

Andy as Alfred is a surprisingly good pick. I hadn't thought of him in that role. I wonder how much make up they'll use if any at all.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yeah, I don't think his work is the best thing ever, but he's fast and can give a good first impression of what these actors can look like in costume... hence this.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Both good choices, especially since Serkis has the potential to be in multiple Batman movies for obvious reasons. Farrell I really like, and I hope he's able to portray a blend of the various Penguin incarnations we've gotten as of late.

Nov 13, 2017
I really like the idea of Farrell being a hot Penguin. He doesn't need to look deformed or ugly to make it work. He needs to Iceberg lounge/nightclub and penguin motifs (whether it be a pin he wears, actual penguin decor in the club, or ideally, interior design to match BTAS).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Serkis is a walking meme. Would be a massive downgrade from Irons. Don't understand why Reeves couldn't just recast Affleck.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Have a question, are guys a fan Tim Burton's version of Penguin? I thought it was universally liked but now seeing it's quite divided.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really give a shit about the Snyder cut but damn that would be a good draw for HBO Max.

Have a question, are guys a fan Tim Burton's version of Penguin? I thought it was universally liked but now seeing it's quite divided.

I like it a lot. He scared the hell out of me when I was a kid with the black bile and biting that dude's nose off.

Status
Not open for further replies.