• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
In case anyone cares what happened to Sofie in Joker

www.indiewire.com

Todd Phillips Cut Zazie Beetz ‘Joker’ Scene That Confirmed Her Fate — Exclusive Video

Phillips knows Arthur didn't kill Sophie, because the filmmaker there was originally one more scene with Zazie Beetz confirmed her fate.

Todd Phillips said

"He doesn't kill her, definitively," Phillips said. "As the filmmaker and the writer I am saying he doesn't kill her. We like the idea that it's almost like a litmus test for the audience to say, 'how crazy is he?' Most people that I've spoken to think he didn't kill her because they understand the idea that he only kills people that did him wrong. She had nothing to do with it. Most people understood that, even as a villain, he was living by a certain code. Of course he didn't kill this woman down the hall."

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Have a question, are guys a fan Tim Burton's version of Penguin? I thought it was universally liked but now seeing it's quite divided.

DeVito is my favourite portrayal of the Penguin, and I watched Returns at a very impressionable age where I distinctly remember having nightmares about him. I've been really glad that Oswald has had so many interesting interpretations over the years, but I think only from the mind of Tim Burton would we see one that was a Penguin.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Not till Matt Reeves tweets out another confirmation gif, haha.

I'm guessing we won't hear anything until a few weeks before Xmas when WB puts out the official synopsis and cast list. It would also be nice if they put out a nice image of the batsuit so we can get the tone they're going for.

Last edited:

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Not till Matt Reeves tweets out another confirmation gif, haha.

I'm guessing we won't hear anything until a few weeks before Xmas when WB puts out the official synopsis and cast list. It would also be nice if they put out a nice image of the batsuit so we can get the tone they're going for.
Yeah you're probably right lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like we still have a Dent casting to go. So I would expect that next.

Yeah, I think we'll get Dent cast within the next two weeks. Maybe Carmine Falcone too, if the rumors are to be believed. Then after that, the secondary characters and other minor villains will all probably be announced in December or something.

We probably won't get our first look at the new Batsuit until they're about to start filming early-ish next year.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
David F Sandberg will direct a movie for Netflix, hope that it doesn' change his involvement with Shazam 2 or the status of Shazam 2.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello my loves, I know I've been MIA but I'm back 😁

Just caught up with everything:

Serkis as Alfred
Colin as Penguin

What's WBs checking/routing #? I want them to take my money now!

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they want Black Adam out first before Shazam 2. Shazam needs help and maybe this will help them bring him on as a cameo villain or something.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Hello my loves, I know I've been MIA but I'm back 😁

Just caught up with everything:

Serkis as Alfred
Colin as Penguin

What's WBs checking/routing #? I want them to take my money now!
Where've you been?

Yeah I'm getting more excited as well but I'm still a bet tepid about being apart of a larger universe. Hope it still is.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck is that trending??? Urrgh.

The only way I see that movie ever being released is if they make another JL that is received well and does well.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
BrokenMeagerCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I can't believe it's already been 2 years since JL even came out, lol. How crazy would it be for Zack to just drop a black and white cut on Vimeo or something on the 2 year anniversary?

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I wonder if Snyder has been working on it in his free time. He strikes me as someone that would do exactly that even if it was just for himself.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I have to admire how such a mediocre director managed to cultivate such a fanatical fanbase. But it really doesn't mean anything, Twitter amplifies the vocal minority. And Good God does what Snyder revealed about his plans suck.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, people acting like there is nothing to his cut are just as delusional as fans expecting it to be released.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Snyder is the anti-Kojima. Unlike Kojima who gets critical praise Snyder is quite the opposite but both have very loyal fans who worship them. The world isn't ready for a collaboration between the two. #ReleaseTheSnyderNut

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I have to admire how such a mediocre director managed to cultivate such a fanatical fanbase. But it really doesn't mean anything, Twitter amplifies the vocal minority. And Good God does what Snyder revealed about his plans suck.
Mediocre would imply he is a run of the mill journeyman. To me anyway. Which he isnt.

Snyder has a very distinct style, which is pretty rare among directors. The majority of directors are a point and shoot workman. He is very talented visually and his story telling is hate it or love it. He's extremely polarizing, which is the exact type of director to have a hardcore fan base.

The people that hate Snyder are just as obsessed as the people that love him, for whatever reason.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Snyder isn't mediocre, thats such a throw away nothing insult.

I hope we do get the snyder cut in all its glory, been said a number of times but MoS, BvS and watchmen are some of my favorite films, comic or not.

272062609090412545.png

I have a feeling that Shazam 2 will end up being an HBO Max exclusive film.
I really wonder how they'll elevate shazam 2 to actual block buster numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
Have a question, are guys a fan Tim Burton's version of Penguin? I thought it was universally liked but now seeing it's quite divided.
No. I didn't like Batman sleeping hanging upside down, I didn't like Willy Wonka being the son of a dentist with perfect teeth, and I don't like Penguin having webbed hands and feet. I don't like Tim Burton.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
272062609090412545.png

I have a feeling that Shazam 2 will end up being an HBO Max exclusive film.
Can't agree there. I think Black Adam will probably be big and have shazam cameo/after credit scene/tie ins and Shazam 2 will benefit from how good shazam is.

They just need to hurry up before their kids look like Lucas black and edward furlong.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Whether you like Snyder or not he's far from a mediocre director. Ppl can't deny he had a major impact in the action department with 300 due to his unique style. Watchmen is also a damn great adaptation as well which has led to the hbo show homaging it. Did he take DC in the wrong direction? Probably but at least he had a certain vision for it and it definitely wasn't generic.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Can't agree there. I think Black Adam will probably be big and have shazam cameo/after credit scene/tie ins and Shazam 2 will benefit from how good shazam is.

They just need to hurry up before their kids look like Lucas black and edward furlong.
Hoping Billy cameos at the end of Black Adam to build up hype for the two to crossover. But I also want a follow up to Mister Mind so I'm not sure if Black Adam vs. Shazam should be Shazam 2 or 3.
Whether you like Snyder or not he's far from a mediocre director. Ppl can't deny he had a major impact in the action department with 300 due to his unique style. Watchmen is also a damn great adaptation as well which has led to the hbo show homaging it. Did he take DC in the wrong direction? Probably but at least he had a certain vision for it and it definitely wasn't generic.
No he's definitely mediocre. Having cool action scenes is not what directing is all about. He's terrible at storytelling and at getting the best out of his actors. Adams is a phenomenal actress but you sure as hell wouldn't know it from these movies where Cavill and her have all the chemistry of a wet log. His washed out desaturated colors reminds me of all the generic military shooters of the 2000s. His edginess is reminiscent of the worst Dark Age of Comics storytelling, with big hulking brutes shuffling around murdering people and pseudo intellectual ramblings about man's inhumanity. He's only ever had success with remakes or with copying better storyteller via recreating panels shot for shot.

I get that he's popular here but his attempts at depth don't hold up at all. Compare Joker to Snyder's movies and you'll see the gap in talent between the two.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Other than what you said about the storytelling, none of those things are negatives in any way. Just because YOU don't like "edginess" or "desaturated" colors don't make them bad things. Hell, his films have been some of the best looking and one of the few that accurately captures what it would feel to be a superhero.

Making me defend Zack Snyder in my last few hours before work, I can't believe this shit.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Hoping Billy cameos at the end of Black Adam to build up hype for the two to crossover. But I also want a follow up to Mister Mind so I'm not sure if Black Adam vs. Shazam should be Shazam 2 or 3.

No he's definitely mediocre. Having cool action scenes is not what directing is all about. He's terrible at storytelling and at getting the best out of his actors. Adams is a phenomenal actress but you sure as hell wouldn't know it from these movies where Cavill and her have all the chemistry of a wet log. His washed out desaturated colors reminds me of all the generic military shooters of the 2000s. His edginess is reminiscent of the worst Dark Age of Comics storytelling, with big hulking brutes shuffling around murdering people and pseudo intellectual ramblings about man's inhumanity. He's only ever had success with remakes or with copying better storyteller via recreating panels shot for shot.

I get that he's popular here but his attempts at depth don't hold up at all. Compare Joker to Snyder's movies and you'll see the gap in talent between the two.
Can't agree with the actors. Gerard Butler gave the best performance of his career in 300. Watchmen had great acting across the board with a couple exceptions that just arent good actors but others giving career highlights. Cavill and Adams dont have chemistry true, but you cant really fake chemistry with two people. Its either their or it isn't. Ben gave a great performance in BVS and I thought him and Gal had great chemistry in the short time they shared on screen in it. So while I agree about Cavill and Adams, I think it's also a larger problem in CBM in general. The amount of on screen couples that were well done is a very small list. Garfield/Stone and Gadit/Pine stand out but most of them feel perfunctory at best.

I think Snyder films have mostly good acting performances. Even Dawn of the dead has good performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.