• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like the deadline article insinuates that a joker sequel is still pretty likely, just no meetings have taken place. So we'll see.

The whole Philips pitching more or getting dc villian movies? That meeting mentioned in the thr article? Deadline was like " that shit didn't happen" lol

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017

Lol. All three of the major trades are contradicting each other about this story.

So weird. Variety essentially backs up deadline with no other dc characters bring talked about or offered to Philips, but that maybe the studio met with Philips and the writer once to talk about a possible sequel? It's all so confusing. I guess it's really reaaaaaally early days on a sequel and thr jumped the gun on their "scoop".

Variety and deadline followed up with "maybe but nah" and "nah and nah but also maybe, but nah" respectively

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way a movie studio drops a billion dollar film without immediately drafting up a sequel

Joker: The Dark World is happening. It's a matter of when.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bale talking about a Batman 4 makes me wonder if those old Nolan/Bale rumors had some truth to them. Remember the 50 million dollar deals to take over the DCEU and/or have Bale continue as Batman.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
armie is gonna have to bulk up, who ever is going toe to toe with the rock has to not be totally dwarfed by him.

Batista as hawkman.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So they are definitely doing the Black Reign storyline.

9e638e18ef7ccc19a0270e0945fdb33e.jpg
763d3a7455440fc22e24efb4b027c3c7a0080ff9_hq.jpg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Was there worry about Stargirl? Seems weird to be airing on the CW for free after having it on DCU...

also wonder what that means to the tone And rating of the show. Doom Patrol wouldn't have worked on the CW

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
$20-40 million to finish the film likely drives more traffic to the platform than some blockbuster show costing $10-20 million/episode.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
^ Yeah it has. I went from hating JL to wishing for a Snyder cut to getting over it. Now they got me wanting it again!

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
$20-40 million to finish the film likely drives more traffic to the platform than some blockbuster show costing $10-20 million/episode.
Without a doubt. Instantly gets you tons of goodwill overnight as well. It's a straight up win win situation for Warner Bros in the end. I can't see any actual downside here for them doing this in the end. Some bloggers and youtubers are going to be super angry they couldn't control and shape this narrative. That's also a win for Warner Bros and everyone else though because it's another way of breaking any kind of influence these people have over anything really.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Was there worry about Stargirl? Seems weird to be airing on the CW for free after having it on DCU...

also wonder what that means to the tone And rating of the show. Doom Patrol wouldn't have worked on the CW
Think it will be a departure from the dcu shows in terms of tone. Because it will be on cw, and seemingly part of that universe.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Without a doubt. Instantly gets you tons of goodwill overnight as well. It's a straight up win win situation for Warner Bros in the end. I can't see any actual downside here for them doing this in the end. Some bloggers and youtubers are going to be super angry they couldn't control and shape this narrative. That's also a win for Warner Bros and everyone else though because it's another way of breaking any kind of influence these people have over anything really.

- Looking like fools because you butchered a version 2 years ago and now, following a movement you're forced to release the original version
- It's not guarantee that the version will be better
- Having two version will be difficult in terms of canon and continuity
- Remind everyone a version of characters WB want to get rid of
- Zack needs to be available and right now he's working for Netflix

I want to see this version but there are lots of reason WB would not want to move forward.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

If it was there, it's not anymore. The WB accounts following Snyder is real though.

I don't think you should generalize everyone using the hashtag. It's like as if Rian Johnson stepped down because of fan backlash.

I mean, if you're part of a group, and you do not use part of your effort to decry the malcontents, then you're pretty much signing off on them. (See, the GOP and Steve King for example.) Pretty much every sizable group has this problem.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
As much as I might have preferred the Snyder version I think it would be a huge mistake to make a formal release not least because of open ended cliff hangers that will never likely be resolved.

Also I would have to abandon Era for about a year to avoid the shitposting.

Let's move on and rebuild.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
As much as I might have preferred the Snyder version I think it would be a huge mistake to make a formal release not least because of open ended cliff hangers that will never likely be resolved.

Also I would have to abandon Era for about a year to avoid the shitposting.

Let's move on and rebuild.
It's been 6 years since man of Steel and people still shit post about it constantly.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It's been 6 years since man of Steel and people still shit post about it constantly.
I thought BvS took most of the heat off MOS. Most people say MOS was an ok to mediocre movie that got a terrible sequel from what I've seen.
And the hits keep coming, DC is on a roll. This more than anything is why they would choose to not give out a Snyder Cut. It means going backwards to appease a fanbase you don't need anymore, to return to character interpretations you're better off just ditching.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
If it was there, it's not anymore. The WB accounts following Snyder is real though.

I mean, if you're part of a group, and you do not use part of your effort to decry the malcontents, then you're pretty much signing off on them. (See, the GOP and Steve King for example.) Pretty much every sizable group has this problem.
Well hold on. I see plenty of people in replies telling others to calm dumb shit down. None of them are prolific users but I do see people being sensible.

None of this erases the stupid harassment people have done, but almost every large fandom online has bad actors.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Well hold on. I see plenty of people in replies telling others to calm dumb shit down. None of them are prolific users but I do see people being sensible.

None of this erases the stupid harassment people have done, but almost every large fandom online has bad actors.
Yes. I acknowledged that directly: "Pretty much every sizable group has this problem."

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
She's gonna be in Crisis but still separate. It's just a cameo. Titans were planned for a cameo but it couldn't be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.