• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So the Michael B Jordan rumors were real
And the JJ Abrams rumors as well. Looks like they're back to where they were before Man of Steel taking on a bunch of pitches. No mention of Cavill, guess we can take this is as reconfirmation he's done? Also no mention of that Supergirl movie, looks like that might have gotten cancelled.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
You should ashamed of your self

Jordan is clearly Val Zod
Nah he said he wanted to play this guy.
latest

Anything from Morrison's run showing up on the big screen would get me in the theater Day 1. Should make it a Black Label movie.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The big thing about the article is it kinda confrims WB is laxer about having the same character on both film and televsion

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
He can even be Lightning Lad, or play all of them at once, just get Cavill back
Looks like they're talking to Abrams right now, since Jordan wasn't ready to commit and insiders don't think there will even be a Superman script ready until 2023, so it's all still up in the air. It will probably come down to whether Abrams takes the job and what he wants to do, just like Reeves. Maybe if Witcher does well that will make them consider bringing Cavill back? I doubt it though, they didn't want him back even after Fallout was a success.

I really hope Abrams gets the job.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Interesting article. At this point I could see Michael B Jordan joining the DCU at some point but I don't see him as Superman, given the level of toxicity in some areas it would feel like too much of a kick in the balls for all concerned to really double down on. Besides it feels like Jordan's Superman pitch wasn't from any serious interest but probably from a conversation with the studio (where he has his first look deal) to identify properties that he can fashion into starring vehicles for himself.

Ultimately I still think Warners will hand over Superman (and I'm assuming Supergirl) to Abrams (which I speculated about in the summer), to at least produce if not direct, and then it will be his call who gets cast as his Clark. But, as the article says, I still think that all these CW interpretations of Superman will do more to dissuade Abrams potentially taking on Superman than any possible casting backlashes etc.

The Green Lantern Corps news was interesting. It was starting to feel like WBtv and Warner Bros Pictures just weren't talking to one another about what projects they were moving forward with hence some odd situations where they seemed to be stepping on each others toes. I think that the studio already have some major talent interested, if not actually attached, in this project hence why it's still moving albeit slowly.

And while I appreciate that this article came from THR and their sources are usually impeccable, I still maintain that I have more chance of playing The Flash in the eventual film than Ezra Miller does at this point. There's no way that they want a new Superman but they're willing to given Miller's Flash another go. I just don't see it.

Also no mention of that Supergirl movie, looks like that might have gotten cancelled.

I wouldn't take that as a sign of anything regarding Supergirl to be honest. It's worth remembering that New Goods wasn't mentioned either and there have been recent rumours that it might shoot as soon as end of next year at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta. It's possible that New Gods could get a 2022 release.

EDIT - I have a feeling that Bad Robot might board New Gods as co-producers. For such a potentially huge genre project it's odd that it doesn't really have any heavyweight producers attached.

Last edited:

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl is in development but is put on the back burner until they know what's up with the Superman franchise.

Same thing with Batgirl

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting article. At this point I could see Michael B Jordan joining the DCU at some point but I don't see him as Superman, given the level of toxicity in some areas it would feel like too much of a kick in the balls for all concerned to really double down on. Besides it feels like Jordan's Superman pitch wasn't from any serious interest but probably from a conversation with the studio (where he has his first look deal) to identify properties that he can fashion into starring vehicles for himself.

Ultimately I still think Warners will hand over Superman (and I'm assuming Supergirl) to Abrams (which I speculated about in the summer), to at least produce if not direct, and then it will be his call who gets cast as his Clark. But, as the article says, I still think that all these CW interpretations of Superman will do more to dissuade Abrams potentially taking on Superman than any possible casting backlashes etc.

The Green Lantern Corps news was interesting. It was starting to feel like WBtv and Warner Bros Pictures just weren't talking to one another about what projects they were moving forward with hence some odd situations where they seemed to be stepping on each others toes. I think that the studio already have some major talent interested, if not actually attached, in this project hence why it's still moving albeit slowly.

And while I appreciate that this article came from THR and their sources are usually impeccable, I still maintain that I have more chance of playing The Flash in the eventual film than Ezra Miller does at this point. There's no way that they want a new Superman but they're willing to given Miller's Flash another go. I just see it.

I wouldn't take that as a sign of anything regarding Supergirl to be honest. It's worth remembering that New Goods wasn't mentioned either and there have been recent rumours that it might shoot as soon as end of next year at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta. It's possible that New Gods could get a 2022 release.

EDIT - I have a feeling that Bad Robot might board New Gods as co-producers. For such a potentially huge genre project it's odd that it doesn't really have any heavyweight producers attached.
WB are definitely more high on Ezra Miller than they are on Cavill. They're definitely gonna keep him happy by doing what they can to get him to play Flash.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
WB are definitely more high on Ezra Miller than they are on Cavill. They're definitely gonna keep him happy by doing what they can to get him to play Flash.

Absolutely. i just don't see why Warners would basically retcon the entire Snyder Justice League set up (save for Gadot and Momoa for obvious reasons) only to bring back Miller's Flash who, by all accounts, didn't make much of an impression in either of the performances he gave.

Let's say this Flash film does star Miller and does shoot in 2021 for a 2023 release. That would be a full six years since Justice League was released. I think, based on nothing but speculation, that WB cite Miller's busy schedule as reason for him dropping out of the role and they recast the titular role with a shoot scheduled for sooner than that.

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Posted this on my Twitter already but just my opinion:
Positive: DC still trying to get big budget Green Lantern and Superman movies made for the big screen, with JJ being courted for the latter (but will WB give the GL show a huge budget if they're just gonna go ahead and make a movie 3 years later?)
Indifferent: Snyder Cut (WB shouldn't waste their money) and DC making more R-rated movies (couldn't care less about ratings)
Negative: Ezra still on Flash
Wait and see: Spinoff movies for Batman and Birds of Prey characters, HBO Max movies

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest thing about Miller is it feels they've dropped 2-3 directors who were ready to shoot to appease him.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Is Ezra really that big a star? I get that WB is loyal to their talent, Snyder getting three chances is proof of that, but I'm just not seeing this huge Ezra Flash fanbase that would make him such a must have for WB. Didn't the last Fantastic Beasts film flop?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ezra really that big a star? I get that WB is loyal to their talent, Snyder getting three chances is proof of that, but I'm just not seeing this huge Ezra Flash fanbase that would make him such a must have for WB. Didn't the last Fantastic Beasts film flop?

He's not a huge star, but it's more that WB will continue to work over and over with certain talent. It's about trust and minimizing risk. Most of the time, it's behind the camera though. Affleck was trusted until Live by Night, but now he's getting another shot with The Way Back. James Wan and his entire horror cohort (David Sandberg, Michael Chaves, Gary Dauberman). Andy Muschietti. Clint Eastwood. David Yates.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Remmeber when last monday things were defintly happening , and not just people cruely jerking about some hapless fans ? those were good times .

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I never expected anything to be announced those days or even that week. It just seemed like it was to show support that things were in motion and not just a pipe dream. I still think we're getting something, but they won't announce it for quite a while until other more important things are shown/announced... Most notably after the Brazil Comic Con where we'll get the WW84 trailer, BoP info, probable Batman and SS info as well.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it will be available to those who are interested in it, but i still think its a bit cruel to not be honest with the fans about the actual odds of seeing actual release materializing .

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I never expected anything to be announced those days or even that week. It just seemed like it was to show support that things were in motion and not just a pipe dream. I still think we're getting something, but they won't announce it for quite a while until other more important things are shown/announced... Most notably after the Brazil Comic Con where we'll get the WW84 trailer, BoP info, probable Batman and SS info as well.
Are things in motion though? Both THR and Variety have said it's flat out not happening.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As I said like three weeks ago, Miller as Flash wouldn't happen until 2023 at the earliest and there is no point in keeping him around. He's not that damn talented.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Superman was a mass murderer in man of steel? This is news to me. Man some ppl are fucking delusional and makes you wonder if they've ever even read a superman comic in their life

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Yeah, I don't get why WB is sticking by Erza.
I'm wracking my brains trying to figure it out myself. Was Fantastic Beasts such a huge hit that they became enamored with him? Ugh well I guess we'll just have to hope he delivers. Isn't the woman who wrote the BoP script writing the Flash script now? That could be good if BoP is a banger.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
At this point quicksilver might get a film first rather than flash. Erza is easily replaceable. Fuck just use grant nobody will care

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I dont care who they get to play supes as long as they make a good film and have it set in the DCEU.
Superman was a mass murderer in man of steel? This is news to me. Man some ppl are fucking delusional and makes you wonder if they've ever even read a superman comic in their life
It's been like that for a while on certain places of the internet.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Honestly, the longer these projects take the better it is for me. It could all take 10 years, I don't care. It just means Reeves gets to make his Batman films in peace.
He was going to get that anyway. No fucking way does his deal not contain a "if I don't want other people to use my Batman they can't" clause.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the fact that Snyder keeps on posting these stills, makes me think the snyder cut won't be coming out, at least not any time soon.

The most you can hope for is something like the Superman 2 donner cut, 26 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.