• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Love the Joker salt, especially after all the pearl clutching

I didn't even think that highly of the film, but they deserve it after the mental hoops people were jumping through.

That's really the hilarious thing about the response to the movie. Damning the movie after it won the golden lion because of the company it was in because of Polanski also being nominated. Then it would emboldened incels, mass shooters, and Republican's in general I guess? Then it won't be received well because it was too dark and depressing for a comic book movie. And then, and then, and then, and then.

Now it's a massive hit/critical success nominated with the other best movies of the year lmao.

The people that hated the movie the most helped it succeed. All the articles, tweets, hot takes, warning about the "dangerous" and "the movie we don't need right now."

They blew up the movies spot repeatedly and then were surprised it was huge and continues to get accolades. Don't give the movie free advertising over and over and over for like 6 months lol.

If you hate something don't keep it in the public consciousness during the entirety of awards season.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hate to break the circle-jerk, but some people , like famed sexy contrarian forum poster " admataY " , just didnt think the Joker movie was paticulary good .
Here's the rub, you don't have to like it
You don't even need to think it's award worthy
That's fine
That's opinions
The line starts getting crossed when people insult those who do and are so vocal about their hatred of it being acknowledged
Which is why I'm having fun with it

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I don't think the Oscars are worth shit but damn joker generated more salt than black panther with these noms

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's especially hilarious how much salt and anger goes into those Oscar threads. Every single one is filled with people saying how irrelevant they are. And then when their movies don't get nominated, or even if their movies win, suddenly it's the holy grail. I have always stood with the thought that any awards like the Oscars or Grammys are important. The people that win it care, and that's all that should really matter.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Busy writing my angry post/dissertation as we speak.

584059208899756078.png
you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hmm, wonder what the diamond means then? "If he gets the diamond, he'll be unstoppable". Either two takes spliced together or something is up with it.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
That's really the hilarious thing about the response to the movie. Damning the movie after it won the golden lion because of the company it was in because of Polanski also being nominated. Then it would emboldened incels, mass shooters, and Republican's in general I guess? Then it won't be received well because it was too dark and depressing for a comic book movie. And then, and then, and then, and then.

Now it's a massive hit/critical success nominated with the other best movies of the year lmao.

The people that hated the movie the most helped it succeed. All the articles, tweets, hot takes, warning about the "dangerous" and "the movie we don't need right now."

They blew up the movies spot repeatedly and then were surprised it was huge and continues to get accolades. Don't give the movie free advertising over and over and over for like 6 months lol.

If you hate something don't keep it in the public consciousness during the entirety of awards season.

The 'danger' of the movie was an obvious PR play by the studio. It worked. Not really something to be celebrated.

Oct 25, 2017
The 'danger' of the movie was an obvious PR play by the studio. It worked. Not really something to be celebrated.

Yeah, no. You had families of victims from the Aurora shootings concerned about it. There was an almost endless stream of people pearl clutching about how this was gonna inspire waves of violence. There were so many articles about "security concerns" during the movie's opening night.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I mean they made a Joker movie, of course the message around it would be "dangerous". I'm not sure WB did anything beyond that though. It was the focus by the media from day one.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Absolute nonsense. The idea that a publicly traded company would orchestrate a PR campaign suggesting that their film might incite mass violence and fatal shootings to generate press is utterly moronic.

I don't understand how or where this is supposed to fit into the inevitable, rebooted, future Superman film. Why would a 'AAA' (or whatever) director board a new Superman project knowing that there's a CW (the cheaper end of broadcast to boot) series on the air featuring the same characters? That just makes no sense to me.

They would never do this with Batman so why is Superman getting this treatment? Either Warners' film and TV divisions aren't communicating when it comes to their DC properties (hence the 'doubling up' of some characters in film and TV) or the film division has a very specific plan for Superman going forward.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Warner Bros wanted victims of a theater shooting, the FBI, and the Army to issue concerns/warnings about going to see their movie. /eyeroll

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to watch the final two parts tomorrow but I guess spoiling shit is cool now. Great. Blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.