• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Absolute nonsense. The idea that a publicly traded company would orchestrate a PR campaign suggesting that their film might incite mass violence and fatal shootings to generate press is utterly moronic.

I don't understand how or where this is supposed to fit into the inevitable, rebooted, future Superman film. Why would a 'AAA' (or whatever) director board a new Superman project knowing that there's a CW (the cheaper end of broadcast to boot) series on the air featuring the same characters? That just makes no sense to me.

They would never do this with Batman so why is Superman getting this treatment? Either Warners' film and TV divisions aren't communicating when it comes to their DC properties (hence the 'doubling up' of some characters in film and TV) or the film division has a very specific plan for Superman going forward.
There's no plan whatsoever at the moment for anything involving Superman over at the film side, so why shouldn't the TV guys get to use him? The film side has been absolute ass in how they've handled everything about him, might as well let the TV people use his world. And if something gets moving on the film side they'll both coexist.

Crisis was pretty solid overall. Was not expecting that Ezra cameo

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm looks like I gotta watch all of the crisis episodes

it's interesting that the entire event wasn't one week. I can still just watch the specific crisis episodes from each show and be good right?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hmm looks like I gotta watch all of the crisis episodes

it's interesting that the entire event wasn't one week. I can still just watch the specific crisis episodes from each show and be good right?
Yeah, that should be fine.

I can't believe that actually happened. I somehow didn't get spoiled being on the west coast. Fucking hilarious that's how Ezra Flash is gonna get his name and probably justify changes to his suit for his own movie.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
At least we know Ezra is in, another piece of zacks Vision is still in play 😈

seriously tho that shit was hype and Ezra is a class act for agreeing to do a cameo well under his pay grade.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
If you know something share it, otherwise spare me the vague hints. Last we heard there's no progress being made whatsoever, WB wanted to move on from Cavill, and 2023 would be the earliest we heard about a new project, almost assuredly with a new actor in the role.
For free apparently.
Only way they could afford him lol. It's cool that he was willing to show up for nothing though.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Ezra Miller is redeemed for me now.

658385939818872834.png

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
*straps on helmet*

It would appear that Ezra Miller being recast in The Flash is the hill that I am prepared to die on. I just cannot see Warners releasing a stand alone Flash solo film in the middle of the summer movie season (July 1st no less) starring dear ol' Ezra in 2022, a full FIVE years since he was seen on the big screen in Justice League, anymore than they bring back Henry Cavill.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
*straps on helmet*

It would appear that Ezra Miller being recast in The Flash is the hill that I am prepared to die on. I just cannot see Warners releasing a stand alone Flash solo film in the middle of the summer movie season (July 1st no less) starring dear ol' Ezra in 2022, a full FIVE years since he was seen on the big screen in Justice League, anymore than they bring back Henry Cavill.
Inclined to agree

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you think they're gonna recast him?

After yesterday that should mean he's still in. Maybe he cameos in other DC movies in preparation for Flash 2022.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't David outright say Cavill couldn't cameo because scheduling issues? Like, it's Cavill's suit. I'm pretty sure we're meant to infer that it was Cavill's Superman.

And WB has been more lax on restrictions anyways. I don't see any reality where a film goes through that many directors/writers while keeping the same main actor just decides to recast before the film finally gets of the ground. They've made it a point to keep him on.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you guys are purposely just maybe misreading things. At the end of the day we'll see. I hope he's still in because I liked him in JL and the recent scene was really great.

WB has definitely been more lax recently.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, one thing that's changed since the old days is Berlanti, who produces most of the Arrowverse.

He's a WB golden boy with a $300 million deal now, ahead of the launch of HBO Max. That's leverage.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. We shall see. Like Ross62 said, why keep him throughout 4 directors if they didn't want him?

Either way, that scene from yesterday still has me geeking out.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
*straps on helmet*

If they wanted to get rid of him they should've done it after the last Flash directors left. No one would've blamed them at all for parting ways with Ezra over him being a prima donna. Now though they'll just look incompetent since they kept him on even after all that, no I fully believe they'd going to try to get a movie made with him. It probably won't be a very good movie though.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I don't get why people want Flashpoint. You aren't going to get Aquaman and WW fighting each other, or Thomas Wayne Batman (although there's not really much point to him in the DCEU anyway since Batffleck used guns and killed too). It's going to be the bare skeleton of Flashpoint with no other heroes besides Flash.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people want Flashpoint. You aren't going to get Aquaman and WW fighting each other, or Thomas Wayne Batman (although there's not really much point to him in the DCEU anyway since Batffleck used guns and killed too). It's going to be the bare skeleton of Flashpoint with no other heroes besides Flash.
I liked the idea of Flashpoint better than the actual Flashpoint. So someone using the barebones and repurposing it into a better story would be awesome

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell wants a Flashpoint with Wonder Woman killing those kids from Shazam, beheading Mera and killing Aquaman?

Even WB isn't stupid enough to do that kind of Flashpoint after everything that has happened.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I liked the idea of Flashpoint better than the actual Flashpoint. So someone using the barebones and repurposing it into a better story would be awesome
Barry running back in time to save his mom and fighting Thawne can work, but I feel like that sort of story works better once Thawne and Barry have faced each other a couple of times. But maybe it won't even be that, we'll see.
Only good part of Flashpoint was Thomas Wayne, let's be honest.
Yeah and after we already had a Bruce Wayne Batman who used guns and killed, there's nothing really going for Thomas Batman. He's not any different from DCEU Batman honestly, aside from being less intelligent (and even that's up for debate given how stupid DCEU Batman was).

Status
Not open for further replies.