Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

giphy.gif

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Interview with Todd Stashwick.

The first draft of the suicide squad 2 script is complete. Thankfully it sounds like they've had more than 6 weeks!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's actually a bit in the middle.

The real Clark Kent isn't this guy:

Because he has to put on the timid act. He's not entirely Superman either, because he has to put the act on the opposite direction.

The real Clark Kent is somewhere in-between the two. He's not timid, but he has more doubts than Superman. He doesn't wear glasses.

The real Clark Kent is the person he is with his family. These are images of Clark Kent:
Man comic panels are so confusing to me.

But seeing that shot of Cav and Diane makes me so sad. There was SO much potential here. Diane Lane and Kevin Costner are PERFECT castings.

You know who I want as the next generation Pa Kent? Kyle Chandler please.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Interview with Todd Stashwick.

The first draft of the suicide squad 2 script is complete. Thankfully it sounds like they've had more than 6 weeks!

Suicide Squad is an easier fix than the others and focus on characters is exactly it.

The best scene in the movie is them in the bar because you get to know them and their differences

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
It was nice to have confirmation of it still going ahead. Some plot details are cool.

Heres some Supergirl stuff

Being set in the 70s, it may as well be separate from the DCEU.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Man they picked a trash scriptwriter for supergirl. Lets hope that gets junked for something better, dunno why WB makes these decisions sometimes. Or is this just the best they can get for these properties?

Elle Fanning as Kara would be really dope tho. I also think Kathryn Newton would work too, shes been popping up in a lot of stuff

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes they just get a script made to shop around to directors. Basically, a detailed pitch of what the movie could be. Then it's built out from there if it catches someone's Interest.

That aside, why're all the female superheroes getting period pieces? Don't get me wrong. In a lot of ways I'd prefer that for all the heroes. But Wonder Woman in WW1, then 1984. Captain Marvel in the early 1990s. This rumor of Supergirl in the 70s. Black Widow rumored to be set in the 2000s as a prequel. Next we'll learn Batgirl is set in the 1960s.

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes they just get a script made to shop around to directors. Basically, a detailed pitch of what the movie could be. Then it's built out from there if it catches someone's Interest.

That aside, why're all the female superheroes getting period pieces? Don't get me wrong. In a lot of ways I'd prefer that for all the heroes. But Wonder Woman in WW1, then 1984. Captain Marvel in the early 1990s. This rumor of Supergirl in the 70s. Black Widow rumored to be set in the 2000s as a prequel. Next we'll learn Batgirl is set in the 1960s.

Yeah I was thinking about that same thing myself. Might as well do Swamp Thing in the 50's, Black Adam in ancient Egypt, Nightwing in the late 90's and make him part of a boyband.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

I'd be down for this if it leads to a DC Bombshells universe.
Yeah I was thinking about that same thing myself. Might as well do Swamp Thing in the 50's, Black Adam in ancient Egypt, Nightwing in the late 90's and make him part of a boyband.
Why would you type this? Now that it is in my head I'll never stop wanting it to happen.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Oren Uziel made the screenplay for 21 Jump Street. He's good in my book. He has just a good enough as a resume as the guys who write Infinity War.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Is it because they want to separate from the DCEU, while staying in the DCEU? I'm honestly not a fan of period pieces either. I like futuristic shit. I wanna see where the story goes, not how it got there

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Setting Supergirl apart from the modern day heroes seems like a mistake

WW + Supergirl could easily crack a billion if done right

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Count me in on not keen to the idea of Supergirl set in the 70's. Just make it modern day for crying out loud. I'm still a little dubious as to this reporting. Early scripts tend to change a lot by the time they're ready to shoot. I also just can't see WB wasting this character on a stand alone movie outside the DCEU right now.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Wait how could she be 70s. Isn't she supposed to look younger but actually be older? And like be discovered after Superman?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Wait how could she be 70s. Isn't she supposed to look younger but actually be older? And like be discovered after Superman?
Traditionally, yes. Which is why I'm super skeptical of that script. If they set in the 70's then there's no way it fits within the DCEU timeline. I know Wonder Woman 84 is kinda already breaking that continuity, but they may have a work around with magic or some shit.

Oct 25, 2017

From what I've heard, basically the idea is if they go through with the 70's period angle, Kara arrived on Earth before Clark did during the 70's when Krypton was destroyed and she'd find her way into the present day one way or another in subsequent films.

As for Brainiac, I can buy him being the main villain for Supergirl. Especially if they incorporate it in a fashion similar to Injustice 2 where Kara has trauma and stuff from witnessing Brainiac partaking in the destruction of Krypton.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I think he looks sweet in the role.

I'm excited for it. A lot of the "insiders" on twitter have talked up the script as being something great, which attracted the actors.

Zazie also promised it would be great in her Instagram comments and I BELIEVE HER.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Has it actually been confirmed that Joker (I really hope they go for a better title for their first Elseworld movie) will be an origin story, or is that OT speculation?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Origin story, technically. But not accurate in the sense that it'll get sequels and such.

The touchstones used are movies like Taxi Driver and King of Comedy. Someone could call Taxi Driver a Travis Bickle origin story, but it sounds silly.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
It's set in the 1980s and Thomas Wayne is still around. So, I dunno how probable that is.

Also can't imagine Joaquin signing on to multiple films.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yeah this seems like a one and done type of movie. They really need to hammer that "Elsewords" branding though. I hope we see a cool new logo soon.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be 100% for a Superman Secret Identity movie under the Elseworld brand. One of my favorite Superman stories and it isn't even about the comic book Superman.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Origin story, technically. But not accurate in the sense that it'll get sequels and such.

The touchstones used are movies like Taxi Driver and King of Comedy. Someone could call Taxi Driver a Travis Bickle origin story, but it sounds silly.

Ah, that's a really good way of looking at the film. Thank you, I'm back to being optimistic for the film!

Also can't imagine Joaquin signing on to multiple films.

Isn't that why he turned down Doctor Strange?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see how the photos could get as much traction as they are since they don't really show anything

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Joaquin is going to kill it.

Shame he'll not be continuing. That's not the dude you how hire for multiple films. Certainly not a universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.