• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

DCEU Era |OT2| Thundercrack!

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
Dec 26, 2018
Superman's on ice at the moment. They don't know what to do with him. There were rumours about various directors wanting to do Man of Steel 2 last year, like Matthew Vaughn but that went nowhere. Shame, since the character finally became tolerably in Justice League. Oh yeah, Cavill left so they need to recast.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that McQ on MoS 2 idea never panned out because he's terrible at anything that isn't action and he could not direct our guy Henry to act his way out of a paper bag

Dec 26, 2018
further out
they need to reintroduce supes first
"You remember the guy who flew dictators into walls, and tried to kill Lex immediately?"
"Yes?"
"Well, I'm not him. That guy never existed. The Batman vs Superman movie I was in was completely different, let me tell you."

Oct 26, 2017
"You remember the guy who flew dictators into walls, and tried to kill Lex immediately?"
"Yes?"
"Well, I'm not him. That guy never existed. The Batman vs Superman movie I was in was completely different, let me tell you."
I'm 99.9% sure the Batman vs Superman you saw doesn't exist if you think Superman tried to kill Lex immediately. Superman literally saves Lex's life from Doomsday in the movie, after Lex threatened to kill both his girlfriend and mother. Not to touch on having empathy for the dictator who had a gun to a reporter's head... the poor fella.

Dec 26, 2018
I'm 99.9% sure the Batman vs Superman you saw doesn't exist if you think Superman tried to kill Lex immediately. Superman literally saves Lex's life from Doomsday in the movie, after Lex threatened to kill both his girlfriend and mother. Not to touch on having empathy for the dictator who had a gun to a reporter's head... the poor fella.

I'll recant that it wasn't immediate, what it took for Kal-El to turn on the laser eyes was Lex threatening his mother. This is a god who has no issues shredding humans which means he absolutely would have gone through with it. Look what he did to the guy holding Lois hostage.

This is a scene of Superman meeting Lex for the first time that's faithful.

Superman has empathy for all life, aside from machines. He's not a vicious killer anti-hero, it's like Snyder got him confused with Michael Keaton's Batman.

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
This is what Daniel was teasing the other day, full description of the second Shazam trailer:
https://superbromovies.com/2019/01/04/exclusive-shazam-trailer-2-description/

Sandberg will probably go on Reddit and claim it's fake like he does all leaks from the movie, but it's real.
Update: WB made them pull down the trailer description.

Doesn't matter, it's real soon and it's an awesome trailer. There's one shot in it that's probably the coolest thing in the DCEU yet. It's like Aquaman coming out of the waterfall. Everyone will make a GIF of it.

Oct 26, 2017
BvS situation, literally right after Lex tosses Lois off a building. Superman opens with saying he'll take Lex in without hurting him. Then Lex takes out photos of his mother gagged and threatening to kill her. Superman has an angry, emotional reaction... because he's still "human." Forreal, did people think he's tussle Lex's hair and call him a little rascal.

later, literally saving Lex from his own monster,

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Kinda weird to make him take it down when screenshots from the trailer have already leaked and are confirming what Daniel said.
They also didn't make sites reposting the description to pull it. They only care about the source of the leak, which was the article Daniel posted.

The trailer's done so it won't be long. Based on the trailer I think the movie will do pretty well in the couple weeks it has before Avengers.

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Since a lot of people are talking about it, this is that amazing scene (I'll spoil tag it):

It's at night and Billy is running on a rooftop away from the camera. He reachest the edge of the roof, leaps off into the air and yells SHAZAM. A lightning bold hits him in the chest and he transforms into Shazam midair and flies off into the distance.

Oct 26, 2017
Update: WB made them pull down the trailer description.

Doesn't matter, it's real soon and it's an awesome trailer. There's one shot in it that's probably the coolest thing in the DCEU yet. It's like Aquaman coming out of the waterfall. Everyone will make a GIF of it.
Ah thats the one the Collider dude was high on too. He was giddy over it. Sounds awesome. 1/19...thats almost 2 weeks away :(

Dec 26, 2018
That's not how it works in the real world. Clark Kent isn't Jesus Christ.
Among all the heroes in the DCU, except maybe Billy Batson, Superman is Jesus in the DCU. They could have toned that down for this, Superman in TAS is a very relatable and understandable interpretation. At absolute no point should Superman be getting upset to the degree he turns on his laser eyes. This action is considerably worse given in his first scene he's blissfully murdering a person like he's getting Lois McDonald's, which reinforces the worst case scenario appearance after what he did with MOS. Snyder was good with having him rescue Lex from Doomsday but that's too little, too late.

BvS situation, literally right after Lex tosses Lois off a building. Superman opens with saying he'll take Lex in without hurting him. Then Lex takes out photos of his mother gagged and threatening to kill her. Superman has an angry, emotional reaction... because he's still "human." Forreal, did people think he's tussle Lex's hair and call him a little rascal.

later, literally saving Lex from his own monster,

There's a spectrum between threatening to put someone on fire with your laser eyes and rustling his hair, Snyder never considered that option. He's not written as a man, either, he's given a godly tone to his actions as Superman.

Dec 6, 2017
Superman is Jesus in the DCU. Heh.

No wonder people threw a fit when Superman was portrayed as having flaws. BvS is Snyder’s The Last Temptation Christ.

Oct 26, 2017
I always find it a little odd that Superman isn't allowed to get mad. It almost completely dismisses his humanity. Anger, rage, fury are all real emotions. Seemed perfectly in line with his character up to that point considering Martha is all he's got and Lois basically told him their relationship was possibly doomed and a few years ago he had to kill the last of his kind. Now some asshole kidnapped his mom? Yea, I can see why he'd be hot.

Oct 25, 2017
Superman is Jesus in the DCU. Heh.

No wonder people threw a fit when Superman was portrayed as having flaws. BvS is Snyder’s The Last Temptation Christ.
I'm surprised folks are disagreeing. Snyder literally acknowledged this in Man of Steel a few times.

But as I've pointed out before, people rarely have an issue with a more emotional Superman, but you likely need to balance the more somber tone with something more lighthearted. That balance is key. Smallville ran for 10 years on teenage angst Clark Kent. Grant Morrison's Action Comics is well-loved, featuring a younger, more aggressive Superman.

But also still a man of the common folk.
Superman: American Alien has a more selfish Clark Kent, who is enjoying his powers on the way to becoming Superman.
So why do those takes work for many folks, and Snyder's did not? And it's not just "Superman mad".

Oct 27, 2017
At absolute no point should Superman be getting upset to the degree he turns on his laser eyes. This action is considerably worse given in his first scene he's blissfully murdering a person like he's getting Lois McDonald's, which reinforces the worst case scenario appearance after what he did with MOS.
Huh? Doesn't the movie explicitly state that Superman didn't kill that warlord guy or any of his goons? I thought that was the whole point of lex hiring people to lie about the Africa incident after lex's men killed/torched all the bodies.