• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

DCEU Era |OT2| Thundercrack!

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
I’d take that concept and perhaps set it on a boat that went off course. Basically what we got in Aquaman, but way bigger, no superheroes, and expendable characters to wipe out. Like a cruise ship or cargo ship got off course and lost power. Trench get onboard and everyone is trying to survive until day light.

Alternatively, a whaling boat. Post credit scene is Aquaman hearing about the attack and asked is he’ll help. He just goes “nah. fuck em.”

Dec 26, 2018
I’d take that concept and perhaps set it on a boat that went off course. Basically what we got in Aquaman, but way bigger, no superheroes, and expendable characters to wipe out. Like a cruise ship or cargo ship got off course and lost power. Trench get onboard and everyone is trying to survive until day light.

Alternatively, a whaling boat. Post credit scene is Aquaman hearing about the attack and asked is he’ll help. He just goes “nah. fuck em.”
How can that movie not end in five minutes lol

Oct 26, 2017
It's a horror movie in which Wan is involved.

Horror movies are WBs bread and butter.

Chill.

Something new in the CBM genre is always welcome.

Edit:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They can write this in 3 days. A bit like "The Fog", a fishermen town attacked by a pack of these creatures during a big touristic event... Like Gremlins on PCP.
No link needed to Aquaman, use some old lighthouse legend, and cast a group of survivors. A lot of night, a lot of rain, add some gore and... voilà.

The creature could be on a 80's horror movie VHS cover
Like I said, it's pretty easy to envision the project, just no reason to really tie it to Aquaman. It's essentially a standard "horde" horror film.

And given the above, it'll likely be a project like the Conjuring Universe, giving Wan a chance to find and test out newer directors. (Shazam's Sandberg was a Wan find.)

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wan and Hamada can do great things for the DCU and hopefully Sanbderg is successful with Shazam. I also hope they announce a date for Johns Green Lantern movie and of course MoS2 this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Wan and Hamada can do great things for the DCU and hopefully Sanbderg is successful with Shazam. I also hope they announce a date for Johns Green Lantern movie and of course MoS2 this year.
Shazam will be successful, folks just need to temper their expectations, I think.

I'm still calling Joker the breakout this year. At least as much as an R-Rated film can breakout.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ya know, I’m all up for trailers not showing the entire movie but jeez they haven’t shown any big high budget scene yet. I know wait for the 2nd trailer but they gotta make some moves and make this not feel like a cheap parody.

Oct 27, 2017
not a big deal he is a frequent wan collaborator, wouldn't surprise me if wan brought someone else in aswell to get the script to the level he wants. Think the script for the first film already started prior to him helming, so his involvement from the start is only a good thing in my opinion

Oct 26, 2017
I'd kinda be interested in a show about Atlantis before it sunk. From the flashbacks, it had this steam punk fantasy thing going on.

Also Wan's coy responses are pretty funny.

Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
On Collider Movie Talk today, they brought up that The Trench movie could be like a Gollum story. We follow an Atlantian as they succumb to the de-evolution of themselves. However, that seems to take a few hundred or thousand years, so I dunno how that'd work with just one character.

But also, this...