• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Reading good stuff. A lot of impressions say it's obviously not perfect but the family aspect is huge and outweighs the negatives. Zach and Freddy kill it

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, the Shazam movie is fun. I was hoping it would be like First Thunder where one of Billy's friends dies in a hospital after getting shot by Sivana's assassins.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Early screening tickets are coming out. I only see regal theaters in socal so far :(

Wouldn't this early screening affect the OW box office? I guess they're so confident in the word of mouth that they think they will gain more than they'll lose?

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's getting good impressions. If this movie succeeds, I hope it makes DC do another Superman movie. There was only one denominator with the past movies and that seems to have gone now.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Early screening tickets are coming out. I only see regal theaters in socal so far :(

Wouldn't this early screening affect the OW box office? I guess they're so confident in the word of mouth that they think they will gain more than they'll lose?
Nah. Everyone's doing it now. It gooses the opening weekend gross.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Kinda feels like this movie is gonna review in the 90's with how overly positive these impressions there. There's no, "This was fun, buuut" in any of them that I can find.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
These impressions are fantastic! So glad this movie is turning out good and I really hope it does close to a bil.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Or produce I guess?

I mean Aquaman borrowed from his run
Shazam borrowed from his run
He pitched the story for Wonder Woman

technically... Justice League borrowed from his run, but a lot went wrong there
Wasn't he a producer on these? Shazam, Aquaman, and WW84(which he's also a writer on) are all on his productions site.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Random thought

Wonder Woman's first flight must be as wonderful as Superman's and would be a wonderful way to close the trilogy.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
>Aquaman goes over a billion
>Idris Elba joins DC
>Shazam is great
5345345345345345345.png

we did it bros

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Does WW fly in every iteration? Seems weird to make her fly now, centuries later or whatever her age is
She does in every other iteration ive experienced.

Her learning to fly could have been a dope moment where she fills the absence of superman was the universe planned out better.

I'm thinking it'll happen eventually. A post in OT saying Patty Jenkins wants to direct a superman film triggered the thought in my head.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's getting good impressions. If this movie succeeds, I hope it makes DC do another Superman movie. There was only one denominator with the past movies and that seems to have gone now.
It'll succeed. It's not doing the billy some want, but it'll be comfortably profitable. Only cost $90 million to make and it'll easily gross $600 million.

>Aquaman goes over a billion
>Idris Elba joins DC
>Shazam is great
we did it bros

Told y'all to calm down.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
She does in every other iteration ive experienced.

Her learning to fly could have been a dope moment where she fills the absence of superman was the universe planned out better.

I'm thinking it'll happen eventually. A post in OT saying Patty Jenkins wants to direct a superman film triggered the thought in my head.
She should direct the Supergirl movie.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just hyping with the talk of it doing a billion.

It'll make WB crazy amounts compared to the budget spent.

Here's hoping they're willing to bring the cheque book out for Black Adam in the sequel - that one could be the billion dollar Shazam movie.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
She should direct the Supergirl movie.
Nah let her do Superman. This weird obsessions with a woman having to direct a female superhero or a person of color having direct a non white superhero is weird. If some dude can direct an awesome Supergirl or batgirl movie let him. If Patty wants to do Superman let her.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Does WW fly in every iteration? Seems weird to make her fly now, centuries later or whatever her age is

It can be strange. Sometimes it's straight up flight. Sometimes it's 'riding the wind,' so not super speed flight, but able to get around. Then there's her invisible jet.

I'd like he riding the wind thing for the movies. Rather than the one explosive nature you see with other characters, it can be graceful, more akin to a feather getting picked up by the wind.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they're more characters, but I can fucking wait to see what Gunn does with that cast for SS. Peacemaker is such a choice for SS and Gunn's darker sensibilities.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Nah let her do Superman. This weird obsessions with a woman having to direct a female superhero or a person of color having direct a non white superhero is weird. If some dude can direct an awesome Supergirl or batgirl movie let him. If Patty wants to do Superman let her.
I've always said they should let a woman direct Superman, bonus if it's a woman of color. We've had more than enough dudes tell stories with the character and 80% of them don't understand the character anyway. Let the ladies try.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
People are gonna say I'm crazy but a Superman from Lois' POV would be great. Superman 1, MOS, and BvS had moments. But I mean, she'd ostensibly be the main character.

There's still the idea of "Woman of Kleenex," despite her more active role in MOS/BvS, but the comics have at times leaned into her being a reason why Superman can be Superman.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Things are looking up for sure. Everything looking fantastic, directors getting to do their own vision without worry of the grand picture. If they want to keep a grand picture they can use what is given to them instead of telling directors what the grand picture should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.