• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That Titans ep with the Doom Patrol is very bizarre after having already watched their series. They're written completely differently, and the Chief is super weird lmao

EP05 of Titans was killer, the team dynamic is well done, and I'm starting to really click with the cast now that they're together. Hope the show doesn't lose this momentum, since EP03 and 4 were very up-and-down

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
That Titans ep with the Doom Patrol is very bizarre after having already watched their series. They're written completely differently, and the Chief is super weird lmao

EP05 of Titans was killer, the team dynamic is well done, and I'm starting to really click with the cast now that they're together. Hope the show doesn't lose this momentum, since EP03 and 4 were very up-and-down
Dat season finale though...

Wow.

Oct 25, 2017

I think Johns wrote the DP episode, and it's a completely different team on their spin-off.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Black Adam is going to get a movie before MoS2 lmao

Aside from Batman and Wonder Woman, the fact that anyone in the DC universe gets there own movie before Superman gets another stand-alone film is freakin' weird. Not only that, we have no idea when we'll ever actually see Supes again in a movie period, much less in his own film.

Like, Iron Man hasn't had a solo movie since IM3 in 2013, the same year Man of Steel released. But despite that, he's shown up left and right in a bunch of MCU films consistently since then. WB seems content to just erase Superman from the DCEU post-Justice League and leave the character on ice for the foreseeable future. At least Marvel had the excuse that their most iconic characters like Spidey, the X-Men and FF weren't in the MCU because they didn't have the rights to use those them. Meanwhile WB can do literally whatever they want and are instead choosing to just do nothing with the single-most iconic superhero on the planet.

<--- Annoyed lifelong Superman fan >:[

At this point it's safe to say the next Superman film, whenever the hell we finally get it, won't be "Man of Steel 2". It'll be a soft reboot with every character re-cast.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Aside from Batman and Wonder Woman, the fact that anyone in the DC universe gets there own movie before Superman gets another stand-alone film is freakin' weird. Not only that, we have no idea when we'll ever actually see Supes again in a movie period, much less in his own film.

Like, Iron Man hasn't had a solo movie since IM3 in 2013, the same year Man of Steel released. But despite that, he's shown up left and right in a bunch of MCU films consistently since then. WB seems content to just erase Superman from the DCEU post-Justice League and leave the character on ice for the foreseeable future. At least Marvel had the excuse that their most iconic characters like Spidey, the X-Men and FF weren't in the MCU because they didn't have the rights to use those them. Meanwhile WB can do literally whatever they want and are instead choosing to just do nothing with the single-most iconic superhero on the planet.

At this point it's safe to say the next Superman film, whenever the hell we finally get it, won't be "Man of Steel 2". It'll be a soft reboot with every character re-cast.
They're going to make a Supergirl movie apparently and then maybe use that to reintroduce him. Honestly it's for the best. Given what we know now of what Snyder planned to do with the character I'd rather they reboot him like they're doing Batman and just erase all the edgelord Snyderisms from their Cinematic Universe.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to make a Supergirl movie apparently and then maybe use that to reintroduce him. Honestly it's for the best. Given what we know now of what Snyder planned to do with the character I'd rather they reboot him like they're doing Batman and just erase all the edgelord Snyderisms from their Cinematic Universe.

Especially with Superman. I mean, Superman should inspire and bring hope. Not be all moody and somber.

Based on Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and especially Shazam, I think WB and DC can finally do Batman and Superman right in this new universe.

I then need to see a Justice League done right and at least one Superman and Shazam movie.

I'd also love to see a Trinity movie done right too. My hope when DC started this was to gradually progress with Man of Steel, Batman, (maybe World's Finest here), Wonder Woman, Trinity, Justice League.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly don't really care if we don't see Clark for a while. I've got no issue with WB realizing that there's more than two/three superheroes in their stable and deciding to build on them.

It's not like anyone likes any Superman other than Reeve and maybe Tim Daly/George Newbern anyway, so fuck it.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Especially with Superman. I mean, Superman should inspire and bring hope. Not be all moody and somber.

Based on Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and especially Shazam, I think WB and DC can finally do Batman and Superman right in this new universe.

I then need to see a Justice League done right and at least one Superman and Shazam movie.

I'd also love to see a Trinity movie done right too. My hope when DC started this was to gradually progress with Man of Steel, Batman, (maybe World's Finest here), Wonder Woman, Trinity, Justice League.
They already rebooted Superman at the end of JL. They don't need to do anything else now other than make a good movie. It's that simple. I don't know why they are refusing to do that.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, we know WB has been making offers to directors about Superman but no one is biting. They can't make a movie no one wants to direct.

Honestly, I can't say I blame them. Synder made a Superman movie(s) audiences didn't fuck with and he's been catching shit for it for 6 years. Whether you agree the character is hard to do or not (I don't), who would want to take on a project that comes with so much baggage and so much backlash if it doesn't land right? Especially now that WB is digging deeper in the DC stable of characters and letting people really put their own spin on things?

Might sound crazy to this crowd, but I can totally see directors being more interested in characters like Plastic Man or Blue Beetle right now than Superman.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I mean, we know WB has been making offers to directors about Superman but no one is biting. They can't make a movie no one wants to direct.

Honestly, I can't say I blame them. Synder made a Superman movie(s) audiences didn't fuck with and he's been catching shit for it for 6 years. Whether you agree the character is hard to do or not (I don't), who would want to take on a project that comes with so much baggage and so much backlash if it doesn't land right? Especially now that WB is digging deeper in the DC stable of characters and letting people really put their own spin on things?

Might sound crazy to this crowd, but I can totally see directors being more interested in characters like Plastic Man or Blue Beetle right now than Superman.
Nah I totally get why directors would pass. If you did take Superman you would essentially have to rebuild him up, potentially facing criticism from guys like me and Snyder fans angry at you "insulting" Zack. Meanwhile if you took on one of the other characters you essentially get a blank slate to redefine that character for the mass audience.
Yeah, they offer Superman practically to every director they meet when talking DCEU
You're leaving out the context though. They're not specifically asking directors if they want Superman, they're just letting them know he's an option. What they're doing is essentially given potential directors a list of available characters and asking who they're interested in. Also McQuarrie has specifically said he'd be open to potentially doing one with Cavill. We can argue whether that was just a negotiation tactic or not, but I do think he was being honest.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I am kind of curious if moving forward they'll still have light references to what happened in Snyder movies like Aquaman referencing Steppenwolf or Shazam 's callbacks, or if they'll just straight up ignore that stuff once Reeves Batman comes out. Honestly I hope they just ignore it. Sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Nah I totally get why directors would pass. If you did take Superman you would essentially have to rebuild him up, potentially facing criticism from guys like me and Snyder fans angry at you "insulting" Zack. Meanwhile if you took on one of the other characters you essentially get a blank slate to redefine that character for the mass audience.

You're leaving out the context though. They're not specifically asking directors if they want Superman, they're just letting them know he's an option. What they're doing is essentially given potential directors a list of available characters and asking who they're interested in. Also McQuarrie has specifically said he'd be open to potentially doing one with Cavill. We can argue whether that was just a negotiation tactic or not, but I do think he was being honest.
I mean, that's what they do with every director they approach. Ask them what character they would want to direct unless it's a franchise, producer like Robbie and Safran, or a script for potential. Wan had the option of directing Flash or Aquaman.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Hopefully Shazam is a monster hit and they can entice Sandberg to soft reboot Superman

Then again they need to strike while the iron is hot with the kids cast in this movie

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
We can live with it, but as the most well known hero in the world it'll never stop being brought to the forefront of discussions

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Shazam is so fucking great. It delivers on all parts. My wife who knows nothing about the character spent the whole movie laughing or breaking my hand.
But, there was a six year old girl and it was definitly not for her age. At least 12.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Not true. The Superman film isn't being offered to anyone. The studio will have to plan out their next move with the character very thoughtfully and that doesn't happen when you offer it to anyone. WB offered MOS to Robert Zemeckis before Snyder (if memory serves) and he turned it down. However Zemeckis is back in the fold at the studio so that's the calibre of name that could be sought in future.

I speculated months ago that WB could offer JJ Abrams/Bad Robot the eventual Superman reboot along with loads of big name film properties (to produce as well as possibly direct himself) in order to lure him to re-up his deal with the studio. This is the sort of big move that Warners would want for the next Superman film.

As I said before watch what Warners did in terms of luring Matt Reeves to reboot Batman, that'll be the same playbook they use to snag someone onboard the next iteration of Superman.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Not true. The Superman film isn't being offered to anyone.

Vaughn got asked.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/0...vaughn-would-want-to-do-with-a-superman-movie

I speculated months ago that WB could offer JJ Abrams/Bad Robot the eventual Superman reboot along with loads of big name film properties (to produce as well as possibly direct himself) in order to lure him to re-up his deal with the studio. This is the sort of big move that Warners would want for the next Superman film.

Abrams' worked on a Superman movie once, it got weird lol

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/...e-j-j-abrams-almost-made-a-superman-movie.htm

That's because, despite some of the liberties taken with Superman in Man of Steel, Abrams took far, far more in his first draft for this unproduced film. For starters, Krypton isn't destroyed in the film, with Superman instead sent to Earth in order to elude his evil uncle and angry, General Zod-esque cousin. Superman's father, Jor-El, actually travels to Earth to study the Kent family in order to determine whether or not they would be good parents to raise a young Superman.

And then there is Lex Luthor. No longer the brainy CEO of Lexcorp, the character is instead a CIA agent who spends his time chasing down UFOs...and who is also a Kryptonian sleeper cell.

It is just as dumb as it sounds. No matter how great the action scenes sounded on paper or how clever the dialogue between characters turned out to be, fans would have crucified Abrams for the creative liberties he took with Superman's established mythology. And that's without even mentioning face-palm worthy moments like Papa Kent dying from a heart attack when he learns of Superman's first heroic deeds or Clark Kent as a college student changing his major to journalism after he bumps into Lois Lane at a frat party.

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

When? What was the context? The article is dated 2017 so pre Justice League debacle? Pre AT&T deal? He even says 'chats' so we can assume that he wasn't even offered a deal to direct the film, it was merely discussed at a meeting.

Everything changed when Thor 3 spanked Justice League at the box office both domestically and internationally. I'm not saying WB haven't talked to directors about it in the past but "making offers" to people which have been rejected isn't true.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
When? What was the context? The article is dated 2017 so pre Justice League debacle? Pre AT&T deal? He even says 'chats' so we can assume that he wasn't even offered a deal to direct the film, it was merely discussed at a meeting.

Everything changed when Thor 3 spanked Justice League at the box office both domestically and internationally. I'm not saying WB haven't talked to directors about it in the past but "making offers" to people which have been rejected isn't true.
Why are you so big on wb recasting Henry? They can always soft reboot the character and have a ragnarok equivalent movie. They just need the right director

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WB is beginning to understand and follow the current formula to a successful superhero movie. The next Superman will fit in with, and feel like everything else.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
WB is beginning to understand and follow the current formula to a successful superhero movie. The next Superman will fit in with, and feel like everything else.
I would have love a DCEU with Snyder vision for every movie, but clearly it doesn't speak to everyone.
I like both side in this scenario because I love the DC Universe and I want to see more movies around the characters that I love. And for that, they need to be successful.
And for now, I don't think that they betrayed the original material, WW, Aquaman and Shazam are true to the characters we know from the comics.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I still think cavill is in, the rock, momoa, and Levi like the dude. Rock's ex wife has to pushing for some sorta Shazam, black Adam, Superman crossover.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the process of marathoning every animated DC film on DC Universe in release-order, currently up to The Dark Knight Returns Part 1. God damn if Mask of the Phantasm doesn't hold up extremely well.

Shirley Walker's score is hauntingly beautiful and still what I consider to be the gold standard for how a Batman film should sound.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Maybe Shazam will step into the Superman shaped hole in the DCEU, given his similarities.
Oh he will definitely. Any JL movie will have Shazam in it. The question is whether or not they'll have Superman with him. I don't think they're going to totally abandon the character, considering they were ok with him showing up in Shazam and are apparently planning on using Supergirl to introduce the new Supes as well.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who collects movie posters, why does Shazam not have good posters?
I kinda agree, but this is my phone wallpaper right now:

D2MLgZ5X4AESZ35

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah truly, nothing epic or grandiose. Like it's just him standing there with some gum.

Yeah, and I could be wrong but there's only one poster and that's the one. The official DS 27x40 poster that theatres use. I have back lit boxes in my home theatre and I'm always on the lookout for cool posters. The one on the dark background.

Status
Not open for further replies.